Build Times for new Karoq

janewalker55

8 hours ago, DennisD said:

Well it's now over ten months since I paced my order for my new Karoq Sportline and it has apparently finally arrived in Melbourne. According to my research the vehicle carrier docked in Melbourne on the 24th May, but Skoda Australia are still telling me it will take another month to travel from the docks to the dealer (about 25 km away). It must be being transported by a turtle. 

Jeez. Nearly a year old with no miles on the clock. 😧

It will have miles /km on the clock just now and the car is in 'In transit' mode and the Miles / Km will be reset to 0 and then will be handed over with 'Delivery miles' which is not how many miles it might have driven or the engine has been running for. 

DSCN1379.JPG.07b2ce1f0cced8ec5c13e75730e089f7.jpeg

I have never seen a new car delivered with zero on the odometer? They are not reset.

Typically about 7 miles which includes a test drive at the factory, drive to transporter, parking at dock, on and off ship, storage at destination then delivery service and check drive.

My wife’s last new car had 25 on the clock so must have had an extended delivery drive.

When I was driving company cars they sometimes came on a trailer, but a couple of times had 150 or more miles  done with a delivery driver.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

They can be.   I can not give an answer for what you have not seen. 

I have worked prepping new cars, doing fitting of dealership options and doing Transit damage repairs.

They are reset when taken out of In Transit mode, then you get to see the delivery miles that then go on from the PDI.

Cars can come off a transporter in Edinburgh and get driven to a dealership in Glasgow on trade plates then be set to 0 miles and then the Warranty Starts, the car gets handed over with 7 miles, 10 miles, maybe 15 miles showing.

Set to Zero, take for some fuel and do the road test and hand it over. 

DSCN1207.JPG.0235449e45950d641c1214f8fbf8eb6c.jpeg

Edited by roottoot

8 hours ago, OldKaroq said:

Jeez. Nearly a year old with no miles on the clock. 😧

Well the car was only built in late February 2022. The big delay was between the time of ordering and the time for it to go to production. The rest of the time was spent on the long journey from Europe to Australia. It was a bit of a pain, since I have never waited more than 2 or 3 weeks for any other new car I have bought.

4 hours ago, DennisD said:

Well the car was only built in late February 2022. The big delay was between the time of ordering and the time for it to go to production. The rest of the time was spent on the long journey from Europe to Australia. It was a bit of a pain, since I have never waited more than 2 or 3 weeks for any other new car I have bought.

Ah I see! Well I hope you enjoy the car as much as I do. I have never bought the same model of car twice. The Karoq does everything I want it to do

4 minutes ago, OldKaroq said:

Ah I see! Well I hope you enjoy the car as much as I do. I have never bought the same model of car twice. The Karoq does everything I want it to do

Thanks, It's so long ago since I placed the order that I have almost forgotten what the car is like. One of the main reasons I chose the Karoq was for the higher headroom. As I am getting older I am finding that a low roof keeps banging me on the cranium. I have owned an Octavia VRS for the past seven years and it is still going like new. I hope the Karoq is just as good. 

4 minutes ago, DennisD said:

Thanks, It's so long ago since I placed the order that I have almost forgotten what the car is like. One of the main reasons I chose the Karoq was for the higher headroom. As I am getting older I am finding that a low roof keeps banging me on the cranium. I have owned an Octavia VRS for the past seven years and it is still going like new. I hope the Karoq is just as good. 

Me too. I needed the "higher riding" SUV type vehicle as I was having more difficulty getting into and out of a saloon type car. 

I hope you are ready for the difference in power output though!! 

2 hours ago, OldKaroq said:

Me too. I needed the "higher riding" SUV type vehicle as I was having more difficulty getting into and out of a saloon type car. 

I hope you are ready for the difference in power output though!! 

I have ordered the Sportline version, so I am hoping that it will have plenty of power for me. I hardly ever used the full power of the VRS, apart from fast overtaking. I am too old for boy racing at the traffic lights. 

• 4 weeks later...

Well I finally collected the new Karoq Sportline from the dealer, almost 12 months after the order was placed. To my relief, all the features are included. I was worried that I might find myself the owner of a "semiconductor optimised" model (aka dumbed down version). The car certainly looks impressive and I love the bright red metallic colour. My only disappointment so far is that there is no audible chirp when locking or unlocking, however I understand that this is because of noise pollution regulations. I hope that the car is as reliable as my previous Skoda Octavia VRS ( 8 years without a single issue). 

The dealer also told me that the wait time for new orders has blown out to around 18 months. Apparently one of the their large manufacturing plants in Ukraine was recently destroyed by the bloody Russians. 

Edited by DennisD
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Keithjock said:

At last! Enjoy your new car 😊

Thanks, I am off on a long drive tomorrow. It's been a long time coming, but hopefully it will be worth it. 

39 minutes ago, DennisD said:

Thanks, I am off on a long drive tomorrow. It's been a long time coming, but hopefully it will be worth it. 

Coast road Apollo Bay or Jamieson , nice drives 50 odd years ago.😀

5 hours ago, DennisD said:

i hope you enjoy it after such a long wait, but I'm certain you will. Perhaps you could post a photo of your new pride and joy for us to enjoy.

18 hours ago, RCC49 said:

i hope you enjoy it after such a long wait, but I'm certain you will. Perhaps you could post a photo of your new pride and joy for us to enjoy.

Well I have been off for a 450 km drive in the new wheels. It was a case of excitement mixed with a little anxiety, but so far it has passed with flying colours. The average petrol consumption was 5.9 l/100 km = not bad for the 4x4, Sportline 2litre engine. I am still working out some of the buttons. I think it will be quite a learning curve. I will post a couple of pictures in the next couple of days/ 

Anyone waiting for a new Sportline might like to know that the UK June 22 brochure shows a price increase of around £500 for it as a consequence of it now coming on 19" wheels again instead of the 18" fitted previously. 

Depending on how long it takes for your car to actually be delivered, this might yet change again of course! 

There are also a couple of new optional packages that you may like to look at to see if you want them added to your order.

- The Safety Package adds curtain airbags and crew protect for £480

- The Travel Assist Package Plus adds Blind Spot Assist to the Travel Assist Package for an extra £545.

Chris