Driving in europe

Depends on model spec and age

Some can be done in infotainment (in car settings)

Some LED ones don’t need adjusting

Some older ones need stickers

I've got LED headlights and, as mentioned by SurryJohn, whenever I've taken mine abroad it recognises which country I'm in and automatically adjusts the headlights as necessary.  It usually takes a couple of minutes to find me after I exit the ferry as it initially thinks I'm still in Dover!

Philjory You indicate you have a 2018 SEL. This should, at best, change automatically when you drive into Europe or, at worst, have an option on the infotainment to make the change. My 2017 model SEL can change automatically.

8 hours ago, ant177 said:

Does the car have a notification anywhere to indicate that this switch over has occurred if it is automatic? 

there is a menu which shows traffic side direction, it can’t be changed but will show it.

2 minutes ago, ApertureS said:

there is a menu which shows traffic side direction, it can’t be changed but will show it.

Thanks, we are waiting for our new Superb iV and trips to France will be on the cards.

I don't want to give the Gendarme any easy excuses to pull me over if I am driving along thinking that the lights are swapped and they haven't!

10 hours ago, ant177 said:

Does the car have a notification anywhere to indicate that this switch over has occurred if it is automatic? 

It tends to show on the display in the middle of the instruments. There's also the option in the settings to swap it as well.

• Like 1

Mine comes up with a message whenever I turn on the ignition when I'm abroad.  I can't remember exactly what it says as I haven't seen it for 2 years, but it's something about the swivelling headlights being inoperative when I'm in a country that drives on the right.