update of Columbus mapping

prokaryotic

Hi I have Skoda karok edition 2018 , when I put my vin number on skoda portal it says update with this vin number is not avilable, can anybody please tell me when next ypdate will be vailable? Thanks

I have just updated mine, must have come out recently. Huge download though and it still omits a through road near my daughters house so directs me miles around at times to get there. Google maps show this road exists and it strangely was already correct in my Yeti sat nav in 2020 as well

On 30/08/2021 at 19:04, kenfowler3966 said:

I have just updated mine, must have come out recently. Huge download though and it still omits a through road near my daughters house so directs me miles around at times to get there. Google maps show this road exists and it strangely was already correct in my Yeti sat nav in 2020 as well

I never knew you had a Yeti....... 😂😂😂😂😂

9 hours ago, Tim1631 said:

I never knew you had a Yeti....... 😂😂😂😂😂

I had 3 

2010 elegance 2wd110ps

2014 elegance greenline, both company cars

Then bought a 150ps SEL dsg 4wd drive with lots of extras runout model in 2017 for myself to keep indefinitely. However made the mistake of looking at my current Karoq in showroom when my Yeti was in for Haldex and brake fluid service and ending up driving the Karoq away next day!

At least the winter wheels from Yeti turned out to be slightly wrong size for Yeti but exactly correct for Karoq.

Have also had a mark 1 superb, and my wife has had 3 Fabias and a Citigo, just found a 2916 Fabia dsg SEL for my daughter with only 9700 miles for her first car.

Definitely a Skoda family since 2000 when we had a choice.

Only car with any issues was the 2010 Yeti, a very early one which had many problems in the suspension which several repair attempts never rectified. Never actually broke down though and was still making the strange noises and clicks at 65k when handed back?

43 minutes ago, kenfowler3966 said:

I had 3 

2010 elegance 2wd110ps

Only car with any issues was the 2010 Yeti, a very early one which had many problems in the suspension which several repair attempts never rectified. Never actually broke down though and was still making the strange noises and clicks at 65k when handed back?

I have never had a company car. 

I generally buy my cars and run them into the ground. 

I bought a TDi 110 Yeti in 2010 and never had a problem until... 

The emissions "fix",  ruined it. Had a free EGR replacement under the "trust building measure" and when the 2 year guarantee ran out I started looking for a non VAG car. Saw the Karoq in my dealer, liked it, took it for a test drive and bought a pre-reg car from stock.  I traded in my Yeti had 109,000 miles on the clock.

I bought a petrol 1.5 Tsi as my mileage had reduced substantially.  I think modern diesels are a flawed technology especially for the lower mileage driver. 

I stuck with Skoda because I liked the car and I had confidence in my dealer (Vindis, Bury St Edmunds).

Glad my car has the "low tech" Amundsen unit, The dealer updates the SD card mapping for me at its annual service. At my age I'm not sure I could deal with modern mapping updates. 

Looks like your Yeti was a "Friday" car.  nice to see you stuck with Skoda. 

tom

I had planned to buy my company car Yeti Greenline at the end of its lease and run for a couple of years until retiring.

However it had to have the fix about 6 weeks before lease ended ready to return and as you say completely ruined the engine and hence allowed to go back and I bought a new one instead - but as my choice with no company restrictions I picked the best engine at 150 ps and dsg so good news really

On 01/09/2021 at 10:33, Sanqhar said:

Glad my car has the "low tech" Amundsen unit, The dealer updates the SD card mapping for me at its annual service. At my age I'm not sure I could deal with modern mapping updates. 

How many times has your dealer offered this update for free?

My 2018 Karoq has the Amundsen system and while at the dealership today I asked how the Nav software is updated. The service guy told me it needs the latest SD Card and offered to supply one.

When I asked for the price he looked it up on the system……..£260 inc VAT.

Will stick with Google maps…..free and always up to date.

A suitable SD card will set you back less than a tenner - there are numerous posts on here detailing how to update the system, it may take a while depending on your internet speed!

https://updateportal.skoda-auto.com

Just put your VIN in and follow the instructions.

Good luck!

1 hour ago, Breezy said:

How many times has your dealer offered this update for free?

My car has had two services and I got a free update each time. Next service is due in November and I expect (hope) another free update then.  

I'm not getting a new SD card each time. The dealer is updating my existing card.

It's called "customer service".

tom

Customer service indeed. Having now been shown how to do this myself through the official site I will be doing so in the next couple of days before a trip to Spain in two weeks time.

How the hell does DM Keith justify a price of £260 for an ‘Official SatNav SD card’?

2 hours ago, Merlinman said:

A suitable SD card will set you back less than a tenner - there are numerous posts on here detailing how to update the system, it may take a while depending on your internet speed!

Good luck!

Thanks!

4 hours ago, Merlinman said:

Good luck!

1 hour ago, Breezy said:

Thanks!

Won't work for me. If the dealer didn't do it I'd be stuck as I run a Mac

"- Recommended OS for formating is WINDOWS OS."

tom

9 hours ago, Sanqhar said:

Won't work for me. If the dealer didn't do it I'd be stuck as I run a Mac

"- Recommended OS for formating is WINDOWS OS."

tom

No problem for me as I use a 27” Mac for photography  but her indoors prefers to use a windows PC so we have both.😊

2 hours ago, Merlinman said:

I'm a Mac user too, successfully updated some weeks ago!

When I sort out a SD card reader for my MacBook (my iMac that has the card reader has crashed), I might give it a try.

tom

• Like 1

Sorry to be dim gentlemen .... but .... !!!

1. ....... just got lost on the portal described above.
  2. Purchased my car in April this year ... how do I find build date if it differs from 1st Reg. Date.
  3. My Karoq has a first Reg date of 16.07.18. i.e. before date of maps shown on Portal ... how do I find my card ...??? .... Europe 1 - CW 45/2017.
  4. Computers aren't my strong point !! ... do I use existing card to be updated, or a new one as described above ?
  5. Anybody else struggling ??
  6. Your help would be great.

Regards XVolvo

• 2 weeks later...

Tried to update a week or two back. Original Skoda SD card removed (14.8GB). DOwnloaded zipped folder to my laptop. Folder name was STD2_1510_EU1_202122.zip .

Reformatted card as per Amundsen Update instructions pdf (which deleted the old Nav files - bugger) - transfered the new folder to the SD card - loaded into the car - message Navigation Database unavailable.........tried Bristol Street Motors and Skoda customer relations - they've all washed their hands of it noone seems to take any responsibility for helping me sort out this technical glitch (i liek to think am fairly compuer savvy) - see attachment - any ideas ???

Edited by john999boy
Attachment removed

Oh, oh ! ......... do I get the feeling that the old adage " If it ain't broke, don't fix it " applies ? ... except in this case read  " Sat Nav ... If it's working, don't update it" ?

It seems a very risky and complicated procedure but I do have a map in the boot, just in case !

The old Tom Tom is there as well and that didn't require all this performance.

Sorry for your plight and hope you can resolve it ... it appears to be a salutary lesson for all.

Thanks .. JCW