Columbus Map Update 2021-2022 (MIB1/2 HIGH)

for

Skoda Columbus,
Seat Navi Plus,
VW Discover Pro,
Audi MMI Navigation Plus

TSlgp-yFgpPIPqIk7UyN_zH6z60-960.jpg

ECE 2021-2022    25.8 Gb
Version:    V03.959.810.BT 0192 ECE 2021-2022

VW portal:    https://vw-maps-cdn.lighthouselabs.eu/vw-maps/P192_N60S5MIBH3_EU_NT.7z

VW portal:    https://navigation-maps.volkswagen.com/vw-maps/P192_N60S5MIBH3_EU_NT.7z
Files inside:    2020.10.20
Downloadable:    2021.05.12
Published:    2021.06.30
 Škoda portal:  https://infotainment-cdn.skoda-auto.com/base/maps/HIGH12_P192_EU_202125.zip

Files inside:    2020.10.20
Downloadable:    2021.06.02
Published:    2021.06.22
Seat portal:  

Downloadable:    2021.--.--
Published:    2021.--.--

Rest of World 2021-2022 24.2 Gb

Version:    V03.959.810.CA 0097 ROW 2021-2022
 VW portal:    https://vw-maps-cdn.lighthouselabs.eu/vw-maps/P97_N60S5MIBH3_ROW_NT.7z

VW portal:    https://navigation-maps.volkswagen.com/vw-maps/P97_N60S5MIBH3_ROW_NT.7z
Files inside:    2020.11.26
Downloadable:    2021.05.12
Published:    2021.06.30
 Škoda portal:    https://infotainment-cdn.skoda-auto.com/base/maps/HIGH12_P97_ROW_202122.zip
Files inside:    2020.11.26
Downloadable:    2021.06.02
Published:    2021.06.22

======= coverage =======
# EU
Albania*, Andorra, Austria, Belarus*, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina*, Bulgaria*, Croatia, Cyprus*, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia*, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kosovo*, Latvia*, Liechtenstein, Lithuania*, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova*, Monaco, Montenegro*, Netherlands, Northern Macedonia*, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania*, Russia*, San Marino, Serbia*, Slovakia, Slovenia*, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey*, Ukraine*, Vatican City
* partially

BAlmGE-iKgWSLnDjljWmbPoWFAU-1920.jpg

# ROW
Argentina*, Australia, Bahrain, Botswana*, Brazil*, Brunei*, Chile*, Indonesia*, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lesotho*, Malaysia, Mexico*, Mozambique*, Namibia*, New Zealand, Oman, Philippines*, Qatar, Reunion*, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Swaziland*, Thailand*, Turkey*, United Arab Emirates
* partially
b-C5PeJBQ3Wehv_km57WMX_HF4c-1920.jpg

======= instruction =======

1. download 7z/zip archive from direct link

2. extract content to SD Card or USB

3. insert memory device into slot of Columbus

4. start of update usually is offered automatically, manually can be found under Navi-> Settings

!!! note for MAC users

On 29/07/2018 at 20:55, ZaphodB said:

Macs are a bit more problematic as they put some 'hidden' files on the card which confuses the head unit

-> https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/452002-direct-download-links-for-ece-20182019-maps/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-5095042

couple of potential questions are answered in previous posts:

Columbus Maps 2021

Columbus Maps 2020/2021

Columbus Maps 2020

_GAAAgMcr-A-1920.jpg

Edited by MartiniB
  • Thanks 3

I see you can't go on holiday for 5 days without something happening :). Thanks. I see the German Skoda board have had success with 192... think you can get the prize on P97.

Afraid we can say the Seat retrofit community isn't having any success with this. May be they forgot about us. Will be interesting to see what's finally on the Seat servers or whether VW revises this. It could be it's an oversight on Mapcare which Seat still uses. Cupras in Holland 2019 were given life time navigation FeC which went on for 30 years or so. They won't be happy bunnies if it wasn't for life or even till 2025.  :sweat:

5 minutes ago, john999boy said:

You might have to swap the Ateca for a Karoq! :whew:

I know that's what is so annoying. The local Seat dealer is good... Karoq suspension is firmer. I'm holding for electric in 2030.B) My Ateca is fully loaded everything other than the tow bar, stuff you can't buy now.

I see the standard maps have now come out from both Seat and VW. 1730.... pop over to see whether MartiniB has got them. People are moaning about they can't fit them on the SD card now for all of Europe... perhaps that day has arrived.

The Seat solutions lays here, it's Chillout with his toolbox

https://www.drive2.ru/l/589815971363982212/

Been monitoring boards to see how quick they pick up on it. I see MartiniB picked up on the map link being available on that link but not Chillout had the fix since it probably wasn't known that it wouldn't load up on Seats.

More on the SeatCupra site.

I haven't tested it yet. Requires one of three firmware releases to be on the infotainment unit (on a prior one). Navigation FeCs to be valid (think the normal Seat ones). I believe you then edit the Seat part number back in which got left out of this release (covered in the German board looking at the file). The toolbox tells the unit to ignore validation errors with toggles set as I understand it as per the link above. They will be the signatures not matching since the part number has been edited. I'm told the screen then looks just like normal. Magic as the youngsters say.:dull:

We still don't know whether it's a big mistake or whether Seat has done the dirty on those people with Mapcare.

Looking for MartiniB to flag up when Seat puts a link up (presume corrected) or no link = the dirty. The RoW link suffers from the same issue for Seat / Cupra owners. Had a look.... two accidents in one.

14 minutes ago, Tell said:

is the same release

exact content in \Mib2\NavDB\DBInfo\0\default\DBInfo.txt

PartNumber1="V03959802TM"
PartNumber2="V03959809P "
PartNumber3="V03959810BT"
PartNumber7="V03959804ER"
PartNumber5="V03959804QF"
ApplicationSoftwareVersionNumber="0192"
SystemName="ECE 2021/2022"

Variant="ECE"
ReleaseName="2021/2022"
DevVersion="P192_N60S5MIBH3_EU_NT_Q3.20"

• Groan 1

8 minutes ago, MartiniB said:

exact content in \Mib2\NavDB\DBInfo\0\default\DBInfo.txt

PartNumber1="V03959802TM"
PartNumber2="V03959809P "
PartNumber3="V03959810BT"
PartNumber7="V03959804ER"
PartNumber5="V03959804QF"
ApplicationSoftwareVersionNumber="0192"
SystemName="ECE 2021/2022"

Variant="ECE"
ReleaseName="2021/2022"
DevVersion="P192_N60S5MIBH3_EU_NT_Q3.20"

Disappointed. That means whatever Vag / Seat were cooking up dates back six months to when the files were closed. Leaving their Mapcare customers high and dry. Retrofit solution(s) exist of reprogramming the unit. Side loading a technical app (Mib tool). Think they load up non Seat navigation FeCs in them and tinker with other things. Latter we know.... suppose we knew the other but never said what. Whether they all use one tool we know about or different, haven't got down to the bottom of it yet. There is modded firmware about which might be being used and sideloading Mib Tool on the other. 

Wonder if Seat will pay back the money they took for Mapcare from customers ?. Seat's stand on built in navigation continues to be weird. It leaves you to think there may not be parity with mib3 charging structure or services. They do a good job of shooting themselves in the foot.

38 minutes ago, MartiniB said:

but for Amundsen Škoda yesterday placed one year old files on their server - 1510

Product differentiation :sadsmile:. That's why Skoda and Seat customers take the VW files. Seat does a better job on RoW. 

1 minute ago, MartiniB said:

I prefer Waze and don't care that much :)

Non built in navigation bounces about with the GPS in towns putting you on neighbouring roads as built in navigation anchors the car to the road better as it calibrates the car to the map, mib2 high does that least once you have a big fiddling session of reloading maps. Will first put you off the map but will then calibrate the vehicle to the map as you drive, retains that calibration when you turn off. So you get continued registration of the vehicle to the road. Standalone systems don't have the same calibration routine, just GPS with a map overlay. You got that verses v timely traffic information. Ofcourse TSR warns you from speeding with road works and variable speed roads which Waze may not if it hadn't been entered. I use both as a navigator but only built in when driving.

@Tell

I prefer two independent screens,
built in Columbus 8" for media and car menu sections
and second(Samsung Note 10+ 6.8") for navigation,

Waze(https://www.youtube.com/user/WazeGPS1) in daily routes and Google Map for abroad travel

but yes, that weren't easy mission to able get good GPS signal under heated windscreen
-> https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/395894-what-exact-option-kills-gps-signal-reception-under-windscreen/

extended version isn't translated, ask Google Translate
-> https://www.drive2.ru/l/506537861164564915/

p.s.
i have had two cases when built in navigation traveled few km away from the place where i were.
Columbus reboot did't helped there, have no details what were done by dealer's mechanic to solve

Interesting project. I got a heated windscreen but it takes the signal off the roof aeriel. The Ateca's do that if a heated windscreen else the aerial is under the dash.

Yes those older mib2 high units only have American GPS in them whilst the newer mib2 standards atleast have the full range including China but not the European system. My deduction from the number of satelites seen on these units and my tablet. 

I'm assuming it's not the rear aeriel interface to the unit. Put it down to the unit, not the interface.

On your other issue there is calibration screen I've read about, haven't looked for it thou, since I get good lock on except after I tried to force 192 into it using an exploit of putting the input after a Poi input below the signatures. It's how they do mib tool via SD. Doesn't read other signatures if you take the metafilecheck out. Saying that it still stumbled on the read of common_eu. Think there is a limit to that technique in anycase that it may of hit, did open the navi uodate windows in swdl. Net effect the unit became a bit detached from the road, it corrected itself by retraining itself... a few kilometres of bends etc. Thankfully.

Sure the navigation wasn't being jammed. Had that in Jordan close to the Syrian border. The satellite lock fell, open road, no hills, had to turn round and retrace so we didn't get lost. It then reconnected. Satellite navigation is illegal and jammed in Syria. Happened in Milton Keynes once, probably kids in that case. Mind you got thrown into the back of military 4x4 with machine gun on that trip. Didn't like where we were walking so got removed to the check point for passport inspection. Rolling around on the back of a 4x4 machine gun platform vehicle isn't comfortable. Passport and walking guide book inspected and we were driven back to our car. You wouldn't get there now in any case with the troubles.