Fabia mk4 pricelist

Trev96

Auto Express has published the prices for the new Fabia saying it’s on sale now. Skoda website still says available in 2022. Could the mag be referring to a continental model and just changing those prices into GBP?

No, apparently orders will open on 28th September and first deliveries will arrive by the end of the year. I hope the brochure/price list is published soon to see what combinations are available. The prices seem reasonable - not a lot more than existing prices. I wont be ordering before a test drive though. See Skoda press release below.

https://skodamedia.com/en-gb/releases/1245

To put the UK prices into perspective, these are the from prices in Germany

Easy spec from eur 13,990 = £ 11,964

Active spec from eur 15,590 = £ 13,332

Ambition spec from eur £16,890 = £ 14,444

Style spec from eur 19,590 = £ 16,752

Whilst UK specs do not match exactly, the 4 UK grades are

S spec from £ 14,905  which is 1.24 times base spec German price

SE comfort spec from £ 16,795 which is 1.26 times German price

colour edition spec from £ 17,495 which is 1.21 times German price

SE L spec from £ 18,980 which is 1.13 times top spec German price 

Quite a price penalty in the UK

https://cc.skoda-auto.com/deu/de-DE/trimline-scenic?_ga=2.217199957.293514760.1631651615-7a76cba9-62db-4a8a-812f-86b2463a9c78&activePage=trimlines&color=2X1Z&configurationId=&extraEquipments=GWC1WC1|GPX8PX8&id=DEU%3Bskoda%3B2022%3BPJ34F4%3B1%3BGYOQYOQ%3Bmda20210913074939%3Bde-DE%3B%3B60004%3B60004&interior=NL&modelcode=PJ&modifiedPages=&salesprogram=DEU&snapshotVersion=65b565b0-8f5b-41be-9547-7cdf726f329a&trimline=PJ4|Style6000460004&type=Car configurator&visitedPages=

Edited by SurreyJohn
Added link to German prices
  • Like 1

I’ve been keeping an eye on brokers websites - they tend to be fed the specs of new cars first. The link below has details on the new Fabia:

https://www.coast2coastcars.co.uk/car-quote/

They mention lots of Option Packs but no detail on what is in them! Not many options for SE Comfort and it only seems to have the Swing infotainment system. It looks like the SE Colour Edition will suit me - manual air con, Bolero infotainment and more options (I think).

I enclose the price list they had on their website.

B2C5CD92-54DD-4946-BB4F-BE9DF4FEFD99.thumb.png.8786ff61d59b2e4fa09d076566666a2f.png

Edited by rkenny

• 4 weeks later...

The UK configurator is live today, options list is a bit scary !  Holding out for the Monte Carlo, but seeing what extra's adding up (ok, I know the MC may have different options), and probably cost more !

Hyundi i20N back on the possible list :)  

Come on Skoda, give us a picture of the Monte :)

As well as the options being scary there a few missing from what is offered elsewhere. I was keen to have folding mirrors, blind spot monitoring and a folding front passenger seat but as far as I can see they are not being offered. Also too many ‘Packages’. For instance you cant specify a variable boot floor on its own. Same with heated front seats. Overall this is a disappointing offering from Skoda UK. As SurreyJohn says there is quite a price penalty to pay here as well as poorer choice than on the continent.  

• Like 1

Did get a bit confused with the, I wish to add this, only to find, ah but you need to add this on top, oh and this, adding several £££'s to some packages.  For now I will have to wait to see what Monty is.  After 1.5 yrs waiting for the new model and selling my Fiesta ST2, (couldn't quite bond with it), I am not sure my level of excitmement will remain (its already deflated !).

I was ready to buy a Monte, with everything I wanted, even the LED lights extra, but the thought of a new model coming out stopped me pushing the button !  Hindsight is a lovely afterthought !  Especially as it was only £18K brand new 😒

I agree Minigill! Having spent a bit of time looking over the brochure it works for the S and SE Comfort models where buyer will probably not bother with any extras. I am not impressed though for those of us looking to personalise their choice.

I think I am now going to go for my 2nd choice - a Scala SE with quite a few extras. The Scala has the bigger boot I’m after, a £2250 deposit contribution and is an established model. Still have to bear the 6 to 9 month lead time. It will work out a fair bit cheaper for me as well. I wish I hadn’t waited for the Fabia to be honest.

• Like 2

A few months ago, I was considering changing our 9 year old Skoda to new Fabia (my wife likes smaller size, as easier to park), but it’s such poor value and weirdly configured.

There are some features I want (which are very expensive extras), features I don’t need or care about (which I have to pay for), and the UK Brexit rip off where it is costing 25% more than Germany.  

Skoda Special offer to the person with plonker tattooed on his forehead £3000 extra of your hard earned money, than the customer across the channel. Umm……

Sorry but it’s not for me with the rip off pricing, and by time it is delivered (sometime in 2022), may as well wait few extra months and get new small electric car, or might just consolidate and go from 2 cars to one.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SurreyJohn said:

A few months ago, I was considering changing our 9 year old Skoda to new Fabia (my wife likes smaller size, as easier to park), but it’s such poor value and weirdly configured.

There are some features I want (which are very expensive extras), features I don’t need or care about (which I have to pay for), and the UK Brexit rip off where it is costing 25% more than Germany.  

Skoda Special offer to the person with plonker tattooed on his forehead £3000 extra of your hard earned money, than the customer across the channel. Umm……

Sorry but it’s not for me with the rip off pricing, and by time it is delivered (sometime in 2022), may as well wait few extra months and get new small electric car, or might just consolidate and go from 2 cars to one.

Yes, my wife would like a new Fabia but looking at the options some stuff, as you say, is stupidly expensive, case in point, a centre armrest (a must for me) in the Colour version is an extra £640.....scandalous!

Edited by Berisford

Really not impressed.  I knew the SEL DSG would be expensive but the base price and then the options list is an absolute rip off.  Deposit contribution is tiny in comparison to the offer for the Scala. Finance calculator seems to indicate Skoda contribution is 1k but the offers page says it is only £750.

Not impressed that to add wireless charging you have to add Kessy which is an additional £195 despite the fact its already listed in the standard equipment for the car.  Not impressed at having to fork out £300 for front parking sensors in addition to the rear ones.  Surely on this trim they should have front and rear as standard.  

• Like 1

Maybe the Scala is like goods offered in Catalogues like Kay's / Very etc.  If reduced in price it because they are not exactly that much in demand and offers is a way to get them shifted.   Fabia used to be up as a top seller with the Octavia until about 2012.    No way does Skoda want to launch a car and have to sell / lease them with incentives.     As happened with Mk 2 face lifts there might be offered and extras that become standard on Special models.   Like they did with the Monte Carlo tech years back.    As it is getting one delivered will be the first hurdle.     Auto car / What car will say how good residuals will be without any even with new owners.  They will then say the Polo is less in servicing or such contradictions. 

For the 1.0TSi DSG SEL with the few options I want that comes to £23230.

That's similar to what I paid for a new VW Passat 2.0TDi DSG Highline with a few options and full leather back in 2011.

That's inflation for you.

Now found the brochure / price list online,

seems there are 8 option packs

The brochure uses the eye catching orange paint (£975 extra)

One set of optional wheels is hefty £1255

It almost seems that to match the spec of an Octavia, got to pay more, as an example a 1 litre SE tech spec Octavia is £21,720.   The spec’d up Fabia to match it costs lots more, why ?   Even a rip off compared to other Skoda models

https://www.skoda.co.uk/_doc/775d73bc-eb9d-4a50-911e-863d73b99333

Edited by SurreyJohn
  • Like 1

I had a look at this earlier today, the Fabia isn't good value when put against a Polo.
Just looked at a Polo Style - £20,785 base and £21,780 with the desired options, a matching Fabia SE L is £18,980 but needs around £3,000 in options to get close to the Polo... but the Polo does have a better spec overall.

No it's not good value.  The SEL DSG comes out at £22,330 if you include the winter pack and front/rear parking sensors and wireless charging.  These features should all be standard on a premium trim

Agreed,price is currently too high for me. Hopefully some better offers will come along. 

I'll hang on to my high spec mk3 for now,which I really like.

I recently priced a new Mk3 Estate with DSG and all the options, service plan, extended warranty etc and got it to just under £30,000.

That was lots of the crazy priced Skoda accessories included in my 'vapour build'. 

I actually would like one as a keeper, but it would have to be a pre loved one for 'Much Cheapness'.