Anyone gone for the new colour?

If anyone is still interested how this color looks on an Octavia, here are a few pictures.

Ordered two company cars in Phoenix Orange Metallic in November 2021 - one hatchback and one combi, 1.0 TSI with Ambition trim. The hatchback arrived today, but sadly the combi was delayed until October... For my taste, the color looks great with a lot of variations depending on the lighting and the angle. The pictures don't really do it justice. 

1.jpg

2.jpg

922308053_3Updated.jpg.5885f791bf9639549351ed70686eec2f.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Edited by john999boy
Updated photo at OP's request.

I like it - but then I’ve had a lime yellow Saab convertible, and a ‘Passion Red’ Volvo convertible, so what do I know about taste...

(current car is brown mk3 Octavia with beige interior, just to add to the mix.)

14 hours ago, Baxlin said:

I like it - but then I’ve had a lime yellow Saab convertible, and a ‘Passion Red’ Volvo convertible, so what do I know about taste...

(current car is brown mk3 Octavia with beige interior, just to add to the mix.)

Your taste is as good as any. As long as YOU like it, thats the most important factor :)

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

12 hours ago, sneal said:

Much to my  surprise, I actually like the colour - but not the hatchback shape. Much (as in VERY much) prefer the look of the estate version.

I'll be sure to share some pictures of the Phoenix Orange estate when it arrives (or at this point of waiting I should say IF it arrives at all 😀). 

• Like 2

On 12/11/2021 at 21:35, mcdeli said:

I am a big orange fan…. But… it doesn’t rock my world… and I can’t see it helping resale… previous green and petrol metallics have been much more special.

i still configured one with the orange but no. I couldn’t order that. It’s also asking for the plod to pull you over at any opportunity!

I love the original vRS green, but hyper is too loud and sometimes it’s definitely better to be a little under the radar.... my silver MY21 suits the car well, but I’d have gone orange if it had been an option. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Zedboy said:

I love the original vRS green, but hyper is too loud and sometimes it’s definitely better to be a little under the radar.... my silver MY21 suits the car well, but I’d have gone orange if it had been an option. 

Absolutely. Sometimes being subtle and the ability to merge into the background is useful, other's it's great such as anti theft. I mean is anyone going to steal something that sticks out like the proverbial sore thumb and is easily spotted by the police? 

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

I'm loving how many people are worried about attracting police attention.

I always steal plain coloured 5 door Ford Focus for when I'm robbing banks or dealing drugs.

ANPR and cameras don't care about colours.

• Haha 3

Not about ANPR, Average Speed Cameras or Yellow Cross Hatch Junction cameras much more about those that are prone to doing under taking. (not the profession)

Or knocking on up the road just a bit above the speed limit. 

You are seen a bit further off from that Fly over or raised parking place that says 'Police Vehicles only'.

When you have had points on your licence and your insurance loaded and only travel at the sort of speed all around you do then you might go for cars with the 'Cloak of invisibility'.

Just like the 'officers' in Unmarked vehicles do. 

Actually there are some cars in some colours that means others get out of your way because you are mistaken for those in Hi-viz with white top caps. 

PS

In my area there are very new Traffic Cars with lots of bright yellow to the front and i have seen others putting there brakes on when one is sitting someplace, and doing the same with Enyaq Coupe iC vRS in the horrible colour.

I have checked my speed as well when spotting one off a distance sitting at a junction or coming up from behind.

Edited by toot

31 minutes ago, toot said:

Not about ANPR, Average Speed Cameras or Yellow Cross Hatch Junction cameras much more about those that are prone to doing under taking. (not the profession)

Or knocking on up the road just a bit above the speed limit. 

You are seen a bit further off from that Fly over or raised parking place that says 'Police Vehicles only'.

When you have had points on your licence and your insurance loaded and only travel at the sort of speed all around you do then you might go for cars with the 'Cloak of invisibility'.

Just like the 'officers' in Unmarked vehicles do. 

Actually there are some cars in some colours that means others get out of your way because you are mistaken for those in Hi-viz with white top caps. 

Agreed. Ive been driving thirty years, owned a few faster cars that tempt you to put the hammer down.. Had a couple of points here and there (always from cameras in cities), paid the fine, took the points, hasn't made me alter my style of driving.

Maybe I've just been lucky, but speed isn't the thing that catches attention.  Driving like a nob does.  No matter what colour of the car :)

• 4 months later...

Just as an update: Might be tempting fate here but I've been fine in the Mamba Green however got flashed by a speed camera near Cologne while driving a works Silver Passat 😅 

1 minute ago, mccririck said:

How much does a ceramic spray cost these days?

I did it my self so Just the  cost of the autoglym ceramic spray. It’s not like a full ceramic coating but i find it gives good protection and lasts a couple of months for added protection

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/06/2022 at 08:02, LukasJDM said:

I'll be sure to share some pictures of the Phoenix Orange estate when it arrives (or at this point of waiting I should say IF it arrives at all 😀). 

After a year and a half long delay I'm happy to finally share some pictures of a Phoenix Orange estate 😀 As promised: 

IMG_2051 - Copy.JPEG

IMG_2052 - Copy.JPEG

IMG_2053.jpeg

IMG_2054.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love it! 1