Disable "Queueing traffic on the XXX" voice alerts?

Hi,

I have a Skoda Octavia MK3 with the Amundsen head unit. Even though I have disabled TP, I still get a rather irritating "queueing traffic" voice alert from time to time. Is there a way this can be turned off? Have been through the settings but drawing a blank.

Many thanks.

That's part of Skoda Connect.  It does that if connected up and the car detects you are heading for traffic jams.

I think that if you go into Nav and Navigation Settings, you should find the voice prompt can be switched off from there.

I have the same issue.

Every day, same road, same message... yet there is never any traffic there.

I have tried load different options to turn it off and haven't succeeded, I've just turned the volume for the 'car voice' all the way down.

Edited by MATT0693

If it was a decent system it would suggest an alternative route if possible. Only on rare occasions has mine said it's changing the route because of current traffic conditions.

Thanks all.

I've found an online manual that said to disable dynamic route in Sat Nav options. I've disabled this and will see how it goes (and will try to remember to feed back!)

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I get this on my Amundsen and it's a 2016 without any android auto or Skoda connect. Same road quite often, red line on the Nav and the  vocal warning, but no traffic/congestion to be seen at all. I just plough on. 

I'm sure this is coming from RDS system that's not been updated once traffic has eased. 

Edited by paulski
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to turn the volume down on mine (via the steering wheel control), when she was speaking.  Not heard from her since.  There's a volume setting for announcements too - under settings when Nav is selected on the head unit.

I had this! same red line, same road everytime I drove it even if there was no traffic. I believe its using some form of old traffic master type system that uses a radio frequency not data. I used obd 11 to disable it by changing its access code went for a drive it was all gone, re instated it and is all fine now. Not that I use it that is