MIB3 Map Updates - again!

stewartv

Was driving my 2021 (MY22) Karoq, equipped with Amundsen, when I received notification of the availability of an OTA update, even though the screen was off (clock displayed). On checking later, the navigation is now at 22.1.

• Like 1

I had the software update notification this weekend. Very clunky way for it to notify you when you’re driving, then you press OK and it says “function not available when driving”.  Anyway, pulled over, hit update and I’m at 0302 and 22.1 maps.  

Not that I use the built in nav much as it’s largely useless when compared to Apple Maps / Google / Waze. Although I will cut it some slack, it did helpfully point out a curry house i keep meaning to visit on my way home last week!

Been into dealers  today and had software 0304 update. Map itself (21.5) has not updated as yet but sounds like they will at some point? Presumably 0304 is the latest software.

Sat in one of their new style Karoqs in the showroom.  Identical model to mine. Not sure if these were optional or not, but it had flappy steering paddles, virtual cockpit, electric boot, brighter interior lights and painted lower half of the rear bumper!

Edited by mistac

Success. Checked the maps today and it’s updated to 22.1. However had no notification so wasn’t aware of this until I checked - it all just seem to happen behind the scenes but at least now they should update in the future as and when needed

• Like 1

Went to my dealer on Monday with the Unable to update maps OTA problem, was met with the same confusion and bewilderment as to how I had access to TPI, and was told I shouldn't be able to have it, showed the guy the Erwin Skoda site etc and he just couldn't believe it, anyhow the car was booked in Wednesday, and the update to 0304 done. This morning went out in car maps still on 21/5 drove to supermarket (12 miles) and suddenly the dreaded emergency sos warning came on, have not had it before but have had headlight wrong side warning, Parked up at supermarket and rebooted Infotainment system, turn ignition off, did shopping restarted car all OK, maps now at 22/3. will have to see what happens next, hopefully just a one off, just like the headlight wrong side 10 months ago.

• Like 1

Pretty clear to me that the reason dealers don’t want general public knowing about these TPI/technical bits and pieces is because they would be swamped by people who have these issues but don’t Realise that there is a workaround. Thank goodness for these forums

• Like 1

You would think that any Service personnel would monitor a couple of the forums for the company they represent (in this case Skoda), if they did that they might have more of an idea when customers come in with complaints.

• 4 weeks later...

FYI

I have just noticed on the Update Portal that there is a map update for my MY2021 model.

It is ECE 2022/2023 - file name OI_P73_EU_202222.

I assume this will update my maps to 22.6 (i.e week No. 22) - so bang up to date.

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/05/2022 at 08:22, Toolie said:

FYI

I have just noticed on the Update Portal that there is a map update for my MY2021 model.

It is ECE 2022/2023 - file name OI_P73_EU_202222.

I assume this will update my maps to 22.6 (i.e week No. 22) - so bang up to date.

My navigation status is since this morning 4.22

• 3 weeks later...

Re my post of 24th May.

That file from the update portal has not loaded, despite the USB stick being plugged in for almost a month.

Today, I thought I would download it again in case there was an error that is preventing it from uploading.

There is a later update available - file OI_P73_EU_202225 - ECE 2022/2023 Valid since CW (calendar week) 25/2022.

As there is only 3 weeks between the validity dates, I am hoping the 22/2022 one had an error and the 25/2022 one uploads.

Has anyone uploaded either file successfully?

The OI_P73_EU_202222 update stick is still in the car but I haven't done any long journeys to see if it loads successfully. I did note that the unzip and load to stick took ages this time, so maybe the upload to the car will also take longer than the previous (successful) upload, which installed itself over a 2 hour journey.

On 20/06/2022 at 15:34, Toolie said:

Re my post of 24th May.

That file from the update portal has not loaded, despite the USB stick being plugged in for almost a month.

Today, I thought I would download it again in case there was an error that is preventing it from uploading.

There is a later update available - file OI_P73_EU_202225 - ECE 2022/2023 Valid since CW (calendar week) 25/2022.

As there is only 3 weeks between the validity dates, I am hoping the 22/2022 one had an error and the 25/2022 one uploads.

Has anyone uploaded either file successfully?

Downloaded the latest update and after 4 days  the Navigation database has gone from 21.7 to 21.11, not sure if that is it or whether to just leave the USB key plugged in..

8 minutes ago, Toolie said:

Mine has also updated from 21.7 to 21.11 after 3 half an hour trips.

I am hoping it will update to 22.7 over time.

Do you think 22.7 is in the same update, so best to leave the USB Key plugged in, to see the outcome?

9 minutes ago, Bryfly said:

Do you think 22.7 is in the same update, so best to leave the USB Key plugged in, to see the outcome?

I am hoping it is, as in the file name is 202225 - which I take to be 2022 week 25 (in July) and therefore 22.7

1 hour ago, Kenny R said:

If you downloaded 21.11 on to a usb stick, it’s very wishful thinking that it will miraculously update your unit to 22.7  :)

I downloaded the file 'OI-P73_EU202225 ECE 2022/2023'.

I assume the numbers 202225 equate to year 2022 week 25, which in turn would mean July 2022 i.e. 22.7

It may not download anything beyond 21.11 - I will have to wait and see.

• 3 weeks later...
On 24/06/2022 at 08:43, Bryfly said:

Despite a return trip to Glasgow, the Navigation database is still on 21.11.

So I think it is time to rmove the USB stick and wait for the next update.

3 minutes ago, Toolie said:

Despite a return trip to Glasgow, the Navigation database is still on 21.11.

So I think it is time to rmove the USB stick and wait for the next update.

Agree...left mine plugged in and no further movement from 21.11..

Update 01P73EU20222 failed to load, as others have found. Put the latest map update from the portal onto the usb flash drive (01P73EU202225) and after just a few short journeys (c.15 mins each) it's loaded successfully. So I'm now on November 2021 map data. 

It's bad enough having to go through the rigmarole of manually updating the maps (yes I know I can pay c.£40 a year for infotainment online subscriptions which will provide over the air map updates) without Skoda releasing update data files that fail to load! 'Simply clever' was it?

You would expect the update to be 22.7 - as others have mentioned on other similar posts.

Maybe they have the online subscriptions or Software later than 0276.

Week 25 is not July - it is from 20/6/2022 to 26/6/2022.

The current OTA update is 22.6, up until the end of June 2022 - I'd expect one that is 22.7 in August.

I've read on several forums now that VW Group is releasing the over the air map updates now on a monthly basis for the latest MIB3 equipped cars - not sure what the situation is for earlier cars.