Drivers door rattle / vibration noise

Hi.  Has anyone on here experienced a rattle / vibration from the drivers door?  The noise shuts up if you press on the the gloss black trim near the door handle.  Also happens if the door is open or closed and can by replicated by knocking on the same area.

Before anyone asks, door pocket is empty 🙂   Also tried removing the umbrella.

Not sure if I should attempt to take the door card off or let Skoda have a look with a possible labour charge for the work.

Yeah I've had that for a while, it's pretty annoying, like something is loose inside the door panel, I've also had for a while a rattle on the passenger's door and it seems to be the chrome trim, it's like a squeaky rattle, and on top of those I now have had a new noise on the back as well and it seems its coming from the rear seats, probably the lock mechanism on them knocking against the hook.

I'll have to eventually take it to the skoda dealer to take care of these, i didn't think a car with less than 10k KM on the clock would be so noisy already.

• 3 weeks later...

No, the rattle has quietened down.  Car was booked in at the dealer next week for the rattle, profile loading screen taking 3 minutes and a check engine light triggered by a stop / start failure.  All faults have mysteriously resolved on their own 🙄

I'll probably mention it next time the car goes in for a fault......and there will be a next time!

• 2 months later...

I had this issue, and it was driving me crazy. Sounded like something was loose and making knocking noises inside the pillar by the door when going over small bumps or turning the car.

The solution was simple: spray some lubricant on the locking mechanism of the drivers door. The knocking sound immediately dissappeared and have not returned since. 🙂

17 hours ago, Rekesalat said:

I had this issue, and it was driving me crazy. Sounded like something was loose and making knocking noises inside the pillar by the door when going over small bumps or turning the car.

The solution was simple: spray some lubricant on the locking mechanism of the drivers door. The knocking sound immediately dissappeared and have not returned since. 🙂

What lubricant you use?

• 3 months later...
On 30/11/2021 at 11:31, PetrolKev said:

No, the rattle has quietened down.  Car was booked in at the dealer next week for the rattle, profile loading screen taking 3 minutes and a check engine light triggered by a stop / start failure.  All faults have mysteriously resolved on their own 🙄

I'll probably mention it next time the car goes in for a fault......and there will be a next time!

Its a bit of a late reply but I got delivery of the car a few weeks ago, mostly happy about it but the right passenger door is rattling, put lubricant and electric tape and the sounds seems to come from the trim itself probably so did your dealer say or do anything about those rattles? (I know yours quitened down but just checking if u have any more info now)

On 07/05/2022 at 17:27, Omaroushdy said:

Its a bit of a late reply but I got delivery of the car a few weeks ago, mostly happy about it but the right passenger door is rattling, put lubricant and electric tape and the sounds seems to come from the trim itself probably so did your dealer say or do anything about those rattles? (I know yours quitened down but just checking if u have any more info now)

No, sorry.  The rattle still happens very occasionally but usually only when its cold.  The dealer said at the time they wouldn't like to say if any investigation work would be covered under warranty so I didn't take it any further.  

Dare I say it; the car has been great for several months now!

• Love it! 1

Same here, i still have rattles on the door panels, only complaint i got of the car right now tbh, everything else works perfectly fine and I'm loving the car in general.

Although i understand the road i take to work every day is a big culprit for the rattles it's still annoying how the "Rattles warranty" at least here in Portugal only lasts 6 months and it's VERY annoying to see how frail the plastic door panels are. I already removed one of the door panels on my Octavia and i was shocked to find that even my old Fiat Grande Punto from 2007 had more robust panels. I'll try to deal with this in the summer myself since the car is already 1 year old.

• 1 year later...

Hi I have similar issues with my passenger door. Seems the door card is in two parts and glued or welded together. The two halves rub and make a very annoying noise on rough road surfaces. If you press lightly on the door panel it stops. Has anyone got any tips for removing the door panels? Thanks!

• 1 month later...

I’ve also had a drivers door card rattle that stops when you lean hard on the elbow rest. I tightened up the screws that hold the door card on. Be careful not to over tighten as I think the thread inside might be plastic but it did stop the vibrations for a while but the bugger is back now. 
my next step is to remove the whole door card and see if I can up grade the fixings. 
any suggestions before I do this ??? 

8 hours ago, DUFDUF said:

Be careful not to over tighten as I think the thread inside might be plastic

It's not, it's metal. All screws hodling the door card have metal "nuts"/thread in the door construction.

For me it didn't help. What helped was sound deadening of the door and mostly foam glued to the door card.

However recently it's developing new rattle in the passenger door, seemingly coming from the lock (or at least this area). Tried to find the source, but couldn't locate anything except for the lock, for which i didn't have proper tools to remove, so next round will come during spring.

I also bought second batch of foam, so will add it and fix the rattler at the same time (hopefully :) ).

• Thanks 1

For me the rattle was caused by this clip in the first pic. I removed it from it's holder and put a piece of cloth tape beneath. When you put it back you will notice it goes in a bit tighter and this stopped the rattle.

image.thumb.png.e23a92c25186deb5c66c24f1bed98e92.png

image.png.cd78678605812903ff11a956137db0e6.png

• Thanks 1

The dealer has fixed my passenger door rattle. They didn't disclose exactly what they did but foam and tape were mentioned! Sadly they spoiled this victory by returning the car with oil level low by 1.5L so the oil light came on after 20kms. Oh well..!

On 14/02/2024 at 20:52, Warrior193 said:

Good grief, how far did the dealership test drive your car to use that much oil?

I suspect they filled a 2litre engine with the quantity required for the 1.4!! I don't think they test drove it at all😂