Karoq facelift unveiled November 2021

SurreyJohn

Maybe the new grill looks better than on say the Enyaq & even better in all black on the Sportsline, but I must say the current model all black grill as seen on B17 HGW above, looks best of all.  Even tempted to blacken the Stainless steel surround on my 1.0 SE Tech DSG grill - might go nicely with my intended black steel wheels!!!

I didn't read any of the above links carefully, but didn't notice any mention of the 1.0 DSG mild hybrid for the facelifted madel that was being predicted a while ago, which is a pity.  Though I wouldn't also mind more techy things like 360* vision, DCC, blind spot monitoring, etc., I'll still be very content to continue driving my current car & won't be actively seeing what's around for a good few years yet.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, skoda_disconnect said:

The full led tail lights 🤤. How to retrofit??? 🤪

They're a different shape, so it won't be as easy as swapping them over, even if the software knew how to sequence the indicators. 

Chris

14 hours ago, threadbear said:

Maybe VAG have learnt to "if it aint broken dont fix (change) it!"

The real point is that an AC line in the menu of an existing infotainment system is substantially cheaper than three physical commands.

6 hours ago, FlyingGecko said:

Nice story Phutters.

Thank you.

Without wanting to drift even further off course, we only found out how intact Mrs Phutters' dad's B17 was after it fell to earth by itself courtesy of a Belgian bloke who got in contact with Mrs Phutters' sister, who lives in Tennessee.

Seems like he was doing some research off his own bat - for whatever reason - and managed to find a photograph of the plane on the ground which he'd e-mailed to her.

It looked for all the world like a rough belly-landing rather than the result of a 27 tonne sycamore seed falling from 20,000 feet.

Different times indeed...

Q-Daylight6.jpg.46893ace14049b2053f2a1b6b749c14a.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Phutters said:

Thank you.

Without wanting to drift even further off course, we only found out how intact Mrs Phutters' dad's B17 was after it fell to earth by itself courtesy of a Belgian bloke who got in contact with Mrs Phutters' sister, who lives in Tennessee.

Seems like he was doing some research off his own bat - for whatever reason - and managed to find a photograph of the plane on the ground which he'd e-mailed to her.

It looked for all the world like a rough belly-landing rather than the result of a 27 tonne sycamore seed falling from 20,000 feet.

Different times indeed...

Q-Daylight6.jpg.46893ace14049b2053f2a1b6b749c14a.jpg

What's that got to do with the new Karoq. Why don't you just start a B17 history thread....

It's a nice story, and only a brief diversion, unlike some posts seen on Briskoda that go off-topic for pages.

Compliments of the season and goodwill to all men, and all that.

• Like 1

I got my Karoq 1.5 SE L TSi DSG at the beginning of October, and was concerned that there was a facelift on the way.

But having seen this info, I'm not unhappy, as there is little change to the design or possibly even spec.

My car has a lot of options on it, including virtual cockpit, electric driver seat with interior LED pack, winter pack (screen/steering wheel), paddles, 19" Crater wheels, Leather, heated rear seats, towbar prep & rough road package  so not a lot wanting anyway 🙂

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

You can now configure the new Karoq at Trimline (skoda-auto.com)

Skoda UK will no doubt offer their own trim levels, but the webpage shows the features they can off as standard or as options. 

Note that Candy White, Emerald Green, Quartz Grey and Race Blue have been discontinued, but Phoenix Orange and Graphite Grey have been added. 

Chris

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CJJE said:

You can now configure the new Karoq at Trimline (skoda-auto.com)

Skoda UK will no doubt offer their own trim levels, but the webpage shows the features they can off as standard or as options. 

Note that Candy White, Emerald Green, Quartz Grey and Race Blue have been discontinued, but Phoenix Orange and Graphite Grey have been added. 

Chris

Looks to me that plan is to go for packages, (grouped up multiple options)

Looks like 17 inch wheels will be standard (no doubt Skoda UK will insist on the jarring over potholes big wheels)

On 14/12/2021 at 13:36, SurreyJohn said:

Looks to me that plan is to go for packages, (grouped up multiple options)

Looks like 17 inch wheels will be standard (no doubt Skoda UK will insist on the jarring over potholes big wheels)

Don't like packages. I like specifying exactly what I want - Skoda is one of the few manufacturer to offer this. I hope they don't go down the "me too" route. If I want a folding heated door mirror I really don't want an electric seat "thrown in"

Couldn't agree more re wheels. Comfort over prettiness every time.

Disappointingly, the mild hybrid 1.0 auto seems to be delayed or shelved, but 16" wheels seem an option on the basic model now.  Overall, with the non switch offable stop/start & cruise control speed limiter now included, I'm glad I got one of the last if not the last 1.0 DSGs available in the UK when I did, summer 2019.

According to the German Karoq forum, the facelifted Karoq could be ordered in Germany from Thursday 16th December, with production starting week 9 of 2022, and a German launch in April 2022. 

The German configurator is now up too at Modellvarianten (skoda-auto.com)

Chris

23 hours ago, CJJE said:

According to the German Karoq forum, the facelifted Karoq could be ordered in Germany from Thursday 16th December, with production starting week 9 of 2022, and a German launch in April 2022. 

The German configurator is now up too at Modellvarianten (skoda-auto.com)

Chris

German facelifted Karoq

starting price €25,290 (pounds 21,455)

Sportline from €35,560 (pounds 30,174)

For comparison current Karoq in UK starts at £23,675

Current Sportline from £29,675

So basic models cost more, but higher spec is cheaper.   
Not sure why, but specs do vary between countries

Edited by SurreyJohn

No more Race Blue...

These are the official Skoda Karoq 2022 colors.

• Skoda Karoq energy blue
  • Skoda Karoq steel grey
  • Skoda Karoq moon white
  • Skoda Karoq lava blue
  • Skoda Karoq brilliant silver
  • Skoda Karoq magic black
  • Skoda Karoq velvet red
  • Skoda Karoq phoenix orange
  • Skoda Karoq graphite grey

• Like 1

No more business grey? 😔 

Love this colour. Looks bright silver in sunshine, darker bluey grey in poor light. May have to get in quick and order the existing model again, as i am so happy with it. 

4 hours ago, P-J said:

No more Race Blue...

These are the official Skoda Karoq 2022 colors.

• Skoda Karoq energy blue
  • Skoda Karoq steel grey
  • Skoda Karoq moon white
  • Skoda Karoq lava blue
  • Skoda Karoq brilliant silver
  • Skoda Karoq magic black
  • Skoda Karoq velvet red
  • Skoda Karoq phoenix orange
  • Skoda Karoq graphite grey

Race Blue will be available in the UK.

Steel Grey in the UK = Meteor Grey

All your info is from forgein countries 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Tim1631 said:

All your info is from forgein countries 

Thanks Tim1631.

Sorry for the misinformation.

I agree steel grey = meteor grey (F7A/M3M3) but the previous post was disappointed to see business grey (F7M/2C2C) being discontinued.

I'll be delighted to see Race Blue saved though :)