Tweaks to Key operation

Hi everyone

We have recently got a Skoda Fabia Mk3.5 1.0 SEL estate, with start stop button ignition.

I have upgraded our VCDS as the other didn't work on the newer car (also have a Mk2 Fabia).

When stopping the car, pressing start/stop ignition button, and the engine (basically ignition off) the interior lights don't come on. The lights will only come on when starting to open one of the doors. This means you are in the dark until opening the door when trying to grab stuff to get out. Is there an option which puts the interior lights on once the ignition and engine are switched off?

When unlocking the car - currently pressing the key fob unlock button it unlocks all doors. I have had a search on the net, though struggling to find the operation to change this to, 1 press, only drivers door open, 2 presses all doors unlock.

Many thanks in advance for any pointers

Rich

1 hour ago, richardsfavorit said:

When unlocking the car - currently pressing the key fob unlock button it unlocks all doors. I have had a search on the net, though struggling to find the operation to change this to, 1 press, only drivers door open, 2 presses all doors unlock.

while i cant help with the lights not coming on, you should be able to change the way the doors unlock in the cars infotainment settings, in my mk 3 its in car settings > opening and closing

• Thanks 1

Hi Rich, as with as LightRobin has put plus have a look at the Driver's Handbook.

Which is the Mk3.5, perhaps putting the year might help more, but others might know what you mean, Mk2-3 is beyond me but I take it as 2009, and perhaps the Mk3.5 as some changes or minor facelift but anything after 1985 has me lost.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nta16 said:

Hi Rich, as with as LightRobin has put plus have a look at the Driver's Handbook.

Which is the Mk3.5, perhaps putting the year might help more, but others might know what you mean, Mk2-3 is beyond me but I take it as 2009, and perhaps the Mk3.5 as some changes or minor facelift but anything after 1985 has me lost.

mk3 began towards the end of 2014, and i believe mk3.5 is the 2017-ish facelift, with a new infotainment, but the owners handbook would be the best place to consult for making these changes, as for the lights i know some specs have a "coming home" feature that leaves the headlights on for a few minutes after you get out of the car which might also keep the interior light on, my car doesnt have this option though

• Thanks 2

The business with Mk2-3 is probably the naming back then - as I recall there were Mk2's (? or was it Mk1's?) and the versions were 1, 2 and 3. Sort of equivalent to S, SE, and SEL

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, johnh510 said:

as I recall there were Mk2's (? or was it Mk1's?) and the versions were 1, 2 and 3

Mk2 models used the numbering scheme until the facelift c.2010, besides the Greenline.

Mk1 Fabia models before the 2004 facelift used Classic, Comfort, vRS, Elegance. Post-2004 facelift models used Classic, Ambiente, vRS, Elegance. Of course there were special editions too like the Silverline, Blueline, Blackline, Sport etc. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you all for your help.

Apologies this is about our newer Fabia, Mk3.5 from 2018. I've adjusted the option on the infotainment system for the doors, so that's one job sorted!

I'm not sure the interior light coming on can be adjusted after stopping the engine/ignition. I wonder if it might be linked to the door locking/unlocking after driving over 10mph and not unlocking until the door is opened after stopping the car. If I find out I will post back here.

Yes our other car is a Fabia from 2009, Mk2 level 3 which is the equivalent of an SEL now a days. Thanks 👍

• Like 1

This model has KESSY GO with the Stop/Start push button so there is no igniton key start, this is fine, but one downside is that you do not have the "courtesy light on when removing ignition key" feature, which I miss - is this normal?  and if so is it possible, via VCDS, to have the courtesy light come on when ignition is switched off?

I asked the same question about the lack of courtesy light on when switching ignition off way back in 2017 but had no response  -   so will be very interested to see if you have more success in resolving the isssue.

Simon

I think I spotted your post when I searched for an answer before. I haven't had a chance to try it, though wondering if changing the door auto locking operation will make any difference.

I plan on giving it a go. I will post up anything I find on here.

Rich

I think that the problem is that the feature relies on the ignition key being withdrawn from the lock, not just the ignition being switched off, so with KESSY GO being a keyless operation which effectively only switches the ignition off there is no easy way to Incorporate the "key out courtesy light"  feature, and as you say, the only way to get the courtesy lights on is to open a door - annoying especially if its tipping it down.

Simon