Amundsen MIB2 no internet connection

Tbjay124

Oh no here we go again I hear you all say as there are loads of posts on this subject but none of them answered my questions, so thought I would give it a go.

I have a 2019 Karok which I purchased 6 months old so the Skoda Connect wasn’t registered to me and first user was removed.

I have had the car 2 years now and must say I love it, but thought I would like to see what Skoda Connect is all about, on looking on the portal I opted for a free 1 month trial (glad I didn’t pay for 12 months at this stage) 4 days later I still have not been able to get it to work.

Using my iPhones hotspot or my home WiFi gave me the same result with a screen showing online configuration wizard, checking online service information with a little wheel going round & round (forever) well at least half an hour was as long as I gave it.

have tried going in through settings menu, deleting Skoda connect to start afresh and did actually get to a screen giving me a registration option (success I thought) but when clicked on took me to the online configuration wizard again 🤬

Yesterday whilst at my local gym I had a full strength 5g signal on my iPhone 12 and thought I would give it another go, phones hotspot connected no problem, got to the registration screen entered my new S-pin I got from the portal, then got a new screen I hadn’t seen before saying no data link available please try again, failed again. 🤬🤬

I have called my local Skoda dealer who said they would call me back when they have some information, no call back yet surprise surprise, I have also emailed Skoda Connect who did get back to me a couple of days later asking for more information & photos saying they would get their tech guys have a look, just a waiting game now I suppose.

Another point to add the little red world on the screen has never gone white during any of the connection’s I have had.

looking at my system information screen my hardware is H41 and my software is 0475, I have seen mention of software updated to H480, trying update software through Amundsen just says no updates available.

sorry this is so long but I wanted to give as much information as I could, can anyone out there throw any light on this problem or for that matter is Skoda Connect worth all the hassle.

AD78176C-7C16-43F2-8B7A-5BE19C5C92D0.jpeg

1E9254EF-392B-43B5-BE29-A6AF03097F85.jpeg

4939754B-520A-4D78-8C9F-F56C4E218E21.jpeg

• Crying 1

3 minutes ago, TheGreyKaroq said:

I have EXACTLY the same problem and on same version as you. Please can someone help

On a different note I see you managed to update your maps. How did you download it as for me the site just hangs and never downloads more than 3mb

Hi TheGreyKaroq,

I will of course update this post if I get any answer or help from Skoda, sorry to hear you are having the same problem as me but at least I now know it’s not just me.

As for your maps are you using the Skoda Update Portal and downloading to your pc first, I only chose the UK, Franc & Spain which is just under 7gb, the larger maps are a bit tricky to fit onto the SD card I believe.

Another thing to consider is your internet speed and any data restrictions you may have, I’m on fibre and unlimited data so no problems there.

Only just updated them this week, spotted the new maps whilst looking for firmware update.

Thanks.  I have read that it may need a firmware upgrade but you need internet access for that!

Just now, TheGreyKaroq said:

Thanks.  I have read that it may need a firmware upgrade but you need internet access for that!

I have found a guy on here who seems to have access to firmware so will keep you updated

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have exactly the same problem now - after Ill help from Škoda!

I contacted Škoda Support regarding other issue using MySkoda app. After 1 MONTH of ping-pong with them, they came out with 'solution' to deregister car from app and user from infotainment and register again.

Well that 'solution' now requires passing same issue you other people are facing here.

So looks like this is problem on Škoda side and it is general (not single country) and it is prolonged for a month now.

We all have payed for that option in pricetag of our vehicle. Plus I paid for yearly subscription. And we are not allowed to use the service.

I deem this not only unprofessional (that they cannot fix some software bug for months) but also more than poor businesses practice but even criminal behavior.

I contacted my lawyer and he advised me to write then a strong message demanding enablement of the service in full extended ASAP or face charges for breach of contract and also I will sue them for waste of time.

I don't think they will react, but I will sue them as my lawyer is sure this is solid case.

I see this kind of strong action against Škoda directly is only way around their proven bad service and low concern on customers. I point out 'Škoda directly' as this has nothing to do with dealers as service is by contract and practice sold and provided by Škoda.

Thought it was about time for an update to my post, but sadly no solution.

First off I agree with Pa_Ko this feature of Skoda Connect is something that is included in the price tag of the car and should work, if it doesn't they should fix it, I also think that it is a problem with the software on their side.

After much toing and froing with Skoda Connect via email and by phone and a visit to my Skoda garage where they tried to get it to work but couldn't I finally got and email from SKODA connect giving me what I thought was going to fix it, here's what it said.

“Dear customer,

we apologize for inconvenience.

We have removed all relations between your account and your vehicle.

Now we kindly ask you to enrol your vehicle following these steps:

1. On the mobile device, open MySKODA Mobile application (make sure to have the latest version downloaded from the Store/Marketplace)

2. Log into the application with your email and password

3. In Garage, click on "Add vehicle"

4. Enter the VIN with camera or manually by entering valid VIN

---

In the vehicle (vehicle should be turned on BUT not started)

5. In Menu, click on "User"

6. Add new User with same credentials as were used for log into the App

7. Once the User is loaded, you will be offered to Become a Main user

8. Confirm and do the 2-key owner verification

9. In case this offer is not present, kindly look for Become a Primary user in "User" settings manually

After enrolment please retry your services.

In case any service in not working kindly provide us new timestamps and sreenshot which will help us with our analysis.”

I did all of this to the letter and guess what, it didn't work, same results as before, on they day I got this email my car was in for it's first major service so I sent these instructions over to them for them to try, yes you guessed it still no connection.

Some of the instructions they gave me don't seem to apply to my model of Amundsen as in "In menu click on user and add new user" and "Confirm and do the 2-key verification"

There is nowhere in menu where I can click on USER, I emailed them back a week ago now explaining this to them but as of yet I have had no reply.

I have just about given up on getting this to work, it looks like they have too.

If they do come up with a solution I will of course let you all know.

One last thought before  I go, does anyone know of anyone that actually has this load of rubbish working.

Hi !

Im from Hungary,but same problem.

Official answer tome from  dealer:

Dear customer,

based on our analysis, we would like to recommend you do a factory reset in your infotainment.
Please follow these steps:
1) open the Infotainment menu in your vehicle
2) continue to the "Settings"
3) then click on "factory settings"
In case your issue persists, kindly visit the authorized service partner and ask him to perform CL30.

Thank you for understanding
Best regards / Control Center

I try factory reset andremove battery for 60min,butnothing

Somebody know what is perform CL 30?

Thanks.

Hi MRobi & welcome

I have just done some searching on what Perform CL.30 means, as far as I can make out it means removing fuses 19 & 30 from the fuse fuse board behind the dashboard, on my car there is no fuse 30 it is not in use, fuse 19 is for the Kessy system and removing it will reset the system. Pretty much the same as disconnecting the battery which you have already done.

I have also called my service centre and asked them about it and was promised a call back, but not holding my breath i think they are a bit fed up of me now, and don't really have an answer for the problem.

My fuse 19 is at the moment, if it works I will let you know. But not very hopeful.

2 hours ago, Tbjay124 said:

Removing fuse 19 did absolutely nothing to solve my problem.

Now have my car booked into garage again on 18 Feb let them try again with me there. Watch this space.

All this is useless.

I put a proxy and sniffer to check s network traffic from Infotainment to Škoda servers. 

Looks like there is timeout on Škoda side. You can notice that even without network monitoring just by fact that error dialog is showing long time after register operation started.

So I strongly believe they are incompetent, unprofessional and completely disrespectful to their customers.

All this lasts for months now and many customers are affected. So they are more than aware of situation.

All instructions they give is just waste of your time. So not only they disregard your problem but they steal your money (as this is paid feature in car price tag plus yearly subscription - and even important feature - I would never buy Škoda if I know it will be offline).

UPDATE: I wrote email directly to Škoda, circumventing their 'support'. Got first meaningful answer for months.

We apologise for the inconvenience caused by us.

Our Technical team have performed intense analysis on the reported issue and found out that the behaviour is known to us for a few days, it looks like a general issue where other customers are also affected by this issue. Our team is working towards a solution and will notify you as soon as the solution is available.

Fingers crossed...

Been going on for more than a few days, I have been trying to get a solution for at least 6 weeks.

well done to get them to finally admit the problem is on their side.

Doesn't look very promising at the moment with so many people having the same problem, my car is booked into dealership on the 18th Feb will let everyone know how we get on.

Also had a reply from Skoda Connect apologising for the instructions they sent me (posted here earlier) they were for the more recent model, have now asked for photo's of screens that come up when trying to register, why the hell don't they just admit the problem is with their servers 😠

Hello y'all,

i have the same problem as of around christmas last year on an Octavia from 2018. I tried everything i could think of, reset the infotainment, downgrade the Amundsen FW from 480 to 478 (i thought it may be related to the update which i performed in november), tried connecting through different phones (from Android 9 to 12, IOS, setting the mobile data AP from ipv6 to 4 on all) and even directly over my home WLAN, all without avail. I had to have the car 2 times at the dealership for other things and i specifically asked to resolve this problem also (i am paying a yearly fee for what i am not getting...) and they had no clue (told me to delete my connect profile and all that stuff, without results)... i started to think maybe some module in the infotainment system is the problem, but now i see i am not the only one having the same problems, and more interestingly, starting in the same period, all around Europe (Hungary, UK, Denmark, Holland, Germany)... i'll write to Skoda Germany and keep you informed.

• Like 3

Well this is exactly showcase of how poor is Škoda in software as well as customer care.

And not just poor but also criminal. They are stealing money and cheating customers. This is not free option but paid feature and service. They took 50-60 EUR a year from each and every of us, multiply with millions of cars sold a year and you get picture how much money they steal (exact term my lawyer used as it is by definition for taking money and not providing goods or services).

This is just a simple software bug, showing they are incapable of doing business in 21st century.

All this made me clear in decision not buying Škoda again. It is not cheap nor they have any substantial advantage to competitors in terms of machinery, but in software they are obviously incompetent and far behind. And nowadays software is important as machinery if not more. Just think of how much you can trust their 'assistant' and 'safety' systems when you cannot enter stupid registration code for months? I dare you not test them, just drive carefully with full attention like in good old days where Škoda is obviously living still.

Looked into this data plug, as baseje321 said it is different to the system that should come with the car, paid for in the initial outlay of the car.

If it was the brakes or steering or some other major part it would get fixed no questions asked, just because it’s a part of the infotainment system they don’t seem bothered with it, well they should we have paid for it after all.

my car is booked into the dealership Friday 18th Feb, to see if they can get it connected, might have to show them all the comments on here of people all over Europe with the same problem (but not until they have tried)

look for an update from me on Friday 

Hi. Same thing happened also to me. Changed the iphones recently and, as I haven't used the online infotainment in a while, firstly I thought it was related to the update done in early december for the SW - from 02xx to 0480 (but weirdly in December I remember using the services).

So, after resetting the Skoda connect user from the infotainment I've received the email with the registration code and managed to re-activate the car. BUT in the infotainment, in the Settings menu - Skoda connect services, now I only have the "private mode" and "care connect" options (tha latter being checked, of course). The "online services" option has dissapered :) 

And clicking on the Skoda connect in the manin menu returns the same error as you have mentioned: "no internet connection". 

Well, seems that starting this spring, when my care connect and infotainment online options need to be re-purchased, I'll only stick with the Care connect option :) And I guess that finding gas stations along the route when using the Amundsen's navigation will rely on what's already included as POIs in the map (without using the online infotainment services)