Fitting mic to the Skoda RNS315

I've recently installed a Skoda RNS315 into my 2010 Skoda Fabia Elegance, the bluetooth audio and the GPS work fine but with bluetooth calls, I can hear them but they can't hear me, I realised there was no mic pre installed and i have to install one but i've searched around on here and i'm still confused on how to do it? Is it just as simple as plugging it into the quad lock and placing the mic somewhere in the car (for example the bit of trim below where the head unit is has a little gap i could place a mic) or do i have to place the mic in the reading light fixture. I found a post from 2015 explaining this, however the pictures don't load and i don't really want to place it in the reading light fixture as it looks like too much work to do just to install a mic for the bluetooth. Is this the only way or are there any alternatives?

Thanks Oscar

20220102_122356.jpg

this is what you need to buy, and yes it plugs into the quad lock connector, be careful with buying Non VAG parts, the green adapter can be to big for the quad lock.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/304147839733?epid=648652162&hash=item46d09fbaf5:g:5wkAAOSwOghfn1A5

And yes it goes behind the grille in the courtesey light and clips into place ( Piccys below). It's pretty straight forward, runs from the radio behind the top glove box, then up the L/H A pillar and across to the light.

Obviously you want the radio removed......

Then you only need to remove the courtesey lamp assy (remove plastic lens), undo 2 screws, let the light dangle,

L/H A pillar trim just "pulls off towards the opposite side, so like "across the dash"

Top glove box, just open it, there is 2 screws on upper surface, remove those and it then pulls straight out.

Finally remove the fixing that holds the hinged part of the L/H sun visor, this enables a "little" flex in the roof panel when feeding the wire to the light (open cap, remove screw)

Then it's a case of feeding from the radio, then along behind topo glove box, up the A pillar (secure to exisiting wiring with cable ties or tape) and across above roof trim.

To get the wiring from the top of the A pillar to the courtesey light hole, using a "fishing" rod like a coat hanger or stiff piece of wire or similar pushed back from the courtesey light hole, tape your mic / wiring to it and use that to pull the wiring through.

To work "well", the microphone is best placed at this height, it is very straight forward and works very well.

s-l400.jpg

p-9522-volkswagent5_interiorlight_microphone_bluetooth2_1.png

Edited by UrbanPanzer
  • Thanks 1