RIP Meat Loaf

Lady Elanore

Super sad news, as Meat Loaf died yesterday. I saw him twice in concert and he was a huge part of my teenage years. Going to put 'Bat out of Hell' on this afternoon and have a rock 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-60080934

Edited by Lady Elanore
  • Sad 6

Gutted is a mere understatement. :crying:

Think this will be going on this afternoon... here, for the Spotify users among us.

Found Not a Dry Eye in the House on cassette single. Was sent over from a relative in Canada many moons ago.

Edited by AnnoyingPentium
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, @Lee said:

Sad. Covid wasn't it? And he was an anti vaxer

I'd read he said he wasn't going to be controlled by the virus (he was fed up of lock down and closing of so many events) but I had also read he was supportive of the effort to defeat it. I hadn't heard he was an anti-vaxer. Is that a definite? In the article below, he states that the paper masks aren't as good as N95s, which I think is definitely true. I've recently bought some FFP2 masks which are roughly our equivalent of N95s (but tested to a higher standard) and they do seem a lot better than the 3 ply mask that I have used previously and that you see everywhere. Although breathing is an issue whilst doing manual labour, so I swtich out to the trusty 3 ply while carrying or climbing stairs with gear. I have to wear a mask at work at all times. Anyhoo, below is a Meat Loaf clip. I should add, just to be absolutely clear, these are Meat Loafs views not mine. 

Speaking to The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette in August last year, he told the interviewer “I hug people in the middle of COVID,” and said: “I understood stopping life for a little while, but they cannot continue to stop life because of politics. And right now they’re stopping because of politics.”

The singer went on to complain about being asked to wear a mask on a plane, stating that he didn’t believe paper masks were as good at N95s at stopping the coronavirus from spreading. “We had to go on the airplane with the paper masks and then on the way back, we got a Nazi: ‘Get your mask on now!’ They’re power-mad now,” he told the paper.

Edited by Lady Elanore
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, leckman said:

Not only do I have the CD,I also have a CD player in the glove box to play it on,rock on!.

This might trump that though... 😁

20220120_171708.thumb.jpg.733dc4fba8ad3ed938ca6fcd3f9e83c2.jpg

20220121_092730.thumb.jpg.8fc76f800e296c4cc3c0c7e7705dea7e.jpg

But anyway, we've had Meatloaf on West Sound today a couple of times. Very nice to hear. :)

Edited by AnnoyingPentium
  • Like 1