car issue but only for a second

froggy8

15 minutes ago, xman said:

Give Horton Skoda a ring on 01522 508650 always found them friendly and offer good price and free advice over the phone.

https://www.theskodashop.co.uk/

thank you,

i think i will just order the one wino linked as that is the cheapest i could find, all the rest was around 60 pound delivered.

i rang garage up saying that the parts should arrive within 2 weeks and he said he will help me install the pipe.

37 minutes ago, froggy8 said:

hi guys,

jst a quick question, is it fine to still drive it till my pipe gets here? i will be careful/slowly driving it.

Of course, just bear in mind it won't like steep hills and could stall under heavy load.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sepulchrave said:

Of course, just bear in mind it won't like steep hills and could stall under heavy load.

many thanks :) 

i will be extra careful, i am going to try order the pipe tomorrow instead of next thursday.

Still a bit concerned why they show a diagram that is not what the part actually looks like. The bends are completely different, It doesn't have a clip at the non return valve and the pipe at the manifold end is a differnt length and shape and doesn't show the integrated manifold connector. Looks like a softish rubber bit that will need a jubilee clip - I recall see a photo of this arrangement somewhere. Looks like I remember my mk1 fabia AZQ looked like or maybe the diagram is for a LHD part which is differnt.

What they show

1858548055_Screenshot_20220211-161314-1322.png.2193c2a90476a3f00d8581ced8a48caa.png

What it should look like

Screenshot_20220211-161640.thumb.png.b9c3740db6b9764da7421d713e56668c.png

Mine (BZG engine RHD drive) which agrees with Skoda-parts.com

IMG_20220127_175711113~2.jpg

Edited by xman

have now ordered the pipe, for some reason i thought the company was from abroad but its in London so it wont take 2 weeks to arrive. i should get it installed hopefully in few days once it arrives :) 

pipe still not turned up yet, so i went to look around the engine bay seeing whatelse i could find, the short pipe from the engine to the air filter snapped clean off. very strange! anyway taped that back up and sealed the best i can.

from what i have read, if the air filter is clogged that could change the fuel/air ratio. is this correct?

27 minutes ago, froggy8 said:

short pipe from the engine to the air filter snapped clean off. very strange! anyway taped that back up and sealed the best i can.

Perhaps you might want to put a photo up of that, taping it up might not be the permanent answer.

28 minutes ago, froggy8 said:

from what i have read, if the air filter is clogged that could change the fuel/air ratio. is this correct?

Think of it this way, the engine as a big air pump connected through other ancient technologies to wheels to perambulate you along, you'd want a clean air filter and inlets to the engine, you are also throwing in petrol so you want the right mixture of both for best results.  The cleaner and les clogged or gummed up all things are generally the better.

3 minutes ago, nta16 said:

Perhaps you might want to put a photo up of that, taping it up might not be the permanent answer.

Think of it this way, the engine as a big air pump connected through other ancient technologies to wheels to perambulate you along, you'd want a clean air filter and inlets to the engine, you are also throwing in petrol so you want the right mixture of both for best results.  The cleaner and les clogged or gummed up all things are generally the better.

pipe.jpg

2 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

Crankcase breather hose IIRC. You'll want to get that replaced ASAP.

i thought that too till i tried googling it, i am almost sure its an intake pipe.

2 minutes ago, froggy8 said:

i thought that too till i tried googling it, i am almost sure its an intake pipe.

It's in a similar place to mine, with me having the BME engine (the older version of yours, in a way). Regardless, the pipe that goes from the air filter box to the engine itself should be replaced if broken, snapped, or damaged.

• Like 1

Just now, AnnoyingPentium said:

It's in a similar place to mine, with me having the BME engine (the older version of yours, in a way). Regardless, the pipe that goes from the air filter box to the engine itself should be replaced if broken, snapped, or damaged.

thank you

just had a look on ebay to try and find one same a mine. didnt write the model number down so will do that later.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

i went on here:

https://www.buycarparts.co.uk/skoda/fabia-2006/22945/10860/crankcase-breather

and all their pipe is different to the pipe i need.

Just now, Pete_Ex-Wino said:

Is it item 12 here that you seek? LLLParts If so you want 5J0129684.

Scrapyard/ebay seems the obvious place to look rather than buying new though. 5129684 5J0129684

many thanks

yep, that is the pipe i am looking for, will check it out now :) 

7 minutes ago, Pete_Ex-Wino said:

Is it item 12 here that you seek? LLLParts If so you want 5J0129684.

Scrapyard/ebay seems the obvious place to look rather than buying new though. 5129684 5J0129684

it seems lll parts is the best place to get it, its around 20 pound posted and on ebay the postage is killing it. i would have thought ti is cheaper buying second hand but they are all more than 20 pound posted.

Why not wait for something to turn up cheaper? Any old bodge job of fixing up the current one will be fine. Air metering happens downstream in the manifold, so it really doesn't matter if that pipe isn't 100% airtight.

• Like 2

Just now, Pete_Ex-Wino said:

Why not wait for something to turn up cheaper? Any old bodge job of fixing up the current one will be fine. Air metering happens downstream in the manifold, so it really doesn't matter if that pipe isn't 100% airtight.

i will be going to tesco soon to get some duct tape, that should do the job till i can find a pipe cheap enough.

• Like 1