Water pump replacement / coolant capacity

Hi, our 2012 vrs is going in for water pump and aux belts replacement on Tuesday, I have the water pump and belts arriving today but wanted to know the coolant capacity for the mk2 vrs and to confirm its G13 we use now? 

Not losing coolant, just hearing squeak from belts, a tweet as such. 

Thanks 

I think the idea, Mr Martin, is to establish whether or not the OP may need to purchase a 4L bottle of coolant and have enough or will they need an additional amount,m so to speak. It would be daft to buy too much but annoying to have too little.

I purchased two, 5L bottles of Mannol G12 coolant when I changed a flange and coolant on my 2009 Greenline and still have a bottle left over. I am now planning on using that on either my Toyota Yaris or my Sandero Stepway, if it is compatible..

41 minutes ago, Doily said:

How do you get rid of the old coolant/water mix? My Council Recycling Department wont take it unless it's in it's original packaging (?!?)?

Toilet or sink in small quantities as it will be watered down by the time it gets to the sewage works, Never down an outside drain.

And before the "Greta Thunbergs" get the fingers going, Your local dump wont take, You'll have to pay a garage biscuit money to take it and its no worse than household products such as bleach/drain unblocker/other cleaning products.

Edited by Mickmartin
  • Groan 1

1 hour ago, Doily said:

How do you get rid of the old coolant/water mix? My Council Recycling Department wont take it unless it's in it's original packaging (?!?)?

I have 5 1 litre ex-G12evo containers at the side of my garage filled with G12, been there less than 12 months, still wondering what is best option - no labelling now on these containers, I understand your concerns!!

Glycol oxidises pretty rapidly and in extreme dilution would be non-toxic and undetectable after a few days, the oxidative  breakdown products are mildly acidic but again, in dilution would be harmless.

Any danger generally comes from wildlife lapping at spills which are not cleared up.

• Like 1