I think I'm going mad.

I just visited Lookers at Peasmarsh to do some enquiries regarding a new RS or Karoq Sportline 2.0 DSG and was made a silly offer for my car!

£20,700! Against a new RS with ACC, DCC, Spare wheel, Upholstery protection, Paint Protection, Rear view Camera. 

Just don't get this. It means that I will have about £8k available as a deposit. 

• Like 1

A new order, but they're still offering me that as part of the sales contract!

Im stunned. Garlands would only offer £13k. 

I guess they're desperate for sales. Did have a trip out in the new hybrid RS and that's bloody awesome and fast. 

Edited by TheWanderer

I got a surprise a few days ago. Keep seeing that s/h prices are soaring so just out of interest I put the details of my car, 2017 Octavia 1.6 SEL, into the WeBuyAnyCar checker. I had to look twice when I saw that they had made an offer of £11,120 for it. I only paid £11,700 for 4 years ago ! Not intending to sell but makes you think 🙁

Edited by silverden
adding info

@TheWandererit would be good to know if they were prepared to do the deal with that value on the car if you said you wanted the Demonstrator you drove right away or after they can sell it at 3 months old or after 3,000 miles.

End of the quarter is coming up quick and getting orders on new cars are not as good as getting ones registered and out the door but it is still something that a salesperson / boss wants.

Yeah. The only RS's they had were an iV version which was a salesmans and a very nice black one, which wasn't as well specced as my current car. 

Also being 2nd hand you don't know who owned it or how they treated it, it could have been ragged up and down the motorway like a loon, but then again it might well have been cared for well. 

If I buy brand new, I get a factory fresh car, no MOT to worry about, no worries about how it has been treated, a warranty and possibly some services thrown in for good measure. 

Caveat Emptor is the phrase that pays. 

The one thing that I am hoping for is that all of the software issues that have plagued other members of the forum, will have been sorted out by the time it arrives, I might even get a facelifted version of it, should there be one. 

Edited by TheWanderer

16 hours ago, TheWanderer said:

A new order, but they're still offering me that as part of the sales contract!

Presumably there's some sort of clause in there that enables them to revalue the trade-in in 9 to 12 months time when a factory order car actually turns up?

1 hour ago, Kenai said:

Presumably there's some sort of clause in there that enables them to revalue the trade-in in 9 to 12 months time when a factory order car actually turns up?

Well they're going to have to take the hit, because the pcp contract will be for 48 months @ £357.

I took my mum to get her Scala serviced a few weeks ago and the salesman saw my mum and I having a look in the new Octavia. He was trying his best to get my mum's car PX'd for a new Scala and then was trying to get my car going 'I know it's 5 and a half years old, but it's a lower mileage and it's got all the bells and whistles'.

I have a feeling the poor fella was desperate to get a sale in, so would have been happy to give me any deal I wanted. If it wasn't for the fact of all the infotainment and the climate control buttons being touch buttons, I may have shown a bit of interest.

7 hours ago, TheWanderer said:

Well they're going to have to take the hit, because the pcp contract will be for 48 months @ £357.

They can re value car prices offers if they drop drastically and it will be passed onto you. In about 12 months used car prices will be lower given that chips will be back in circulation and new cars flying out of the factory again. Unless things change drastically with our current price of living, people will stop changing cars as they will not be able to afford the higher payments (energy/fuel/grocery etc) That will pull down prices as dealers will have to in order to sell cars and make them affordable.

I looked at changing mine but now I wouldnt given my mk3 VRS only costs me £161 for the payment and under £200 including tax and insurance.

I would confirm with the dealer what would happen if the value of cars drop and get it in writing to cover yourself. Good luck with everything though and I hope it works out in your favour 👍

Edited by Ecomatt
  • Thanks 1