Where do you get your News?

Lucy Frazer's another MP/ Minister promoted way beyond her level but that's because the barrel has been scraped so far that only the most stupid dregs are left for Sunak to put into positions of power.

Is the UK press becoming selective of news article to keep onside with the UK government, particularly the BBC ?

Saw nothing on terrestrial TV about those two Royal NAvy ships crashing in to each other.

Much better coverage of Gaza and even Red Sea on Aljazeera rather than BBC etc.

I watch Bloomberg quite a lot as there is no proper business channel from the UK and Bloomberg is a good international business source of economic information including the UK.  

The UK newspapers are deplorable, Mirror sometime OK but a little low brow.  Should really get a subscription for Private Eye.

• Like 1

I watched Grant Shapps MP being asked about the Royal Navy ships and the mishap and him deflecting the questions to start droning on about drones and all the fabulous technology that exists.

Which really was crap considering that 2 Royal Navy ships collided. 

The Nuclear deterrents that run aground  or fire blanks or fire missiles that are out of control and the Air Craft Carriers without Aircraft or without a way to propel themselves are not much of a deterrent to terrorists, freedom fighters or those armed by the UK and the USA. 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, lol-lol said:

Is the UK press becoming selective of news article to keep onside with the UK government, particularly the BBC ?

I thought the agreed narrative was that any suggestion that our media was biased was a "conspiracy theory"?

If I was in a "creepy and weird" mood I'd go trawling back though Brisky to find the relevant post deriding any claims of bias in our media, but I'm not so I won't.

For now.

Kay Burley really is making Conservative & Unionist Secretary's of State and Ministers look like plonkers over their carry-on against the BBC.

Especially the muppet this morning who used the 'News Quiz' as an example of BBC bias.   She did ask him if he understood it is comedy and not a 'News programme'. 

Today it was plonker Huw Merriman MP.

Yesterday this disaster, and i thought Nadine Dorries was dim.

Screenshot 2024-01-23 17.31.49.png

Edited by Rooted
  • Like 1

I see on the news that The French are Revolting'. 

Well farmers are and blocking highways and going to cause chaos and keep on doing it till the get what they want. 

I am in support of them, a big up to the farmers, block the bloody foreigners from using your country as a land bridge to get someplace nicer or cheaper.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sir Paul Marshall of GB News not news apparently wants to buy the Telegraph and Spectator. Maybe the Met/ MI5 should check his hard drives first.

• 3 weeks later...

Daily Express headlines have been bonkers for some time now but this one is off the charts bonkers. As for BadEnoch... 🤪

• Thanks 2

@Lee  Maybe have a look at George Osborne, Robey Warsaw, Red Bird, IMI, Jeff Zucker. 

Maybe read what Emily Sheffield writes about him. 

(Sir David Cameron,s Sister in Law.  Not that it is important.)

How the debts due by the Barclay Brothers (Only Brother now.  Singular.) has been paid to the bank and no need for the sale of a News Group.

Worth listening to on BBC Sounds, 'When it hits the fan'.  This weeks or any weeks.    with David Yelland & Simon Lewis. 

Screenshot 2024-03-09 09.06.13.png

Screenshot 2024-03-09 09.08.49.png

Edited by Rooted
  • Thanks 1

Pretty wild story about Kate Middleton who's now a Princess and the official Mothers Day picture that's been released. AP News, Reuters et al have put a 'kill notice' on it and directed responsible news agencies to remove it from all their stories and to delete it from their servers as it's been manipulated.

https://news.sky.com/story/picture-agencies-pull-kate-photo-amid-manipulation-concerns-13092352

Edited by @Lee

Weird start to the week finding out ex Labour Councillor Lee Andreson MP (AKA 30p Lee and Lee Anderthal) has now defected to the Reform Ltd people.
I'm old enough to remember when he said Dickie Tice was a 'Pound shop Nigel Farage' back in January. Alex Phillips wasn't happy and she's since deleted this.

image.jpeg.edfe6640221425a162106bc9aa8f1e70.jpeg