Problems ordering from Superskoda (items weigh too much apparently)

globalste

Wasn't sure where to post this.

I was trying to order a few items from Superskoda, but it kept saying the stuff I was ordering was overweight.  I'm not sure if they go from a weight/volume, but I didn't think ordering a vinyl bumper protector weighing a few grams would weigh 3kg and cause issues, ditto for mudflaps.  The only thing I seem to be able to order without causing a problem is some led lights and a keyfob.

Has anyone ordered from SUperskoda recently?  I used a link to raise the issue on their website, but haven't heard back.

Had the same when I contacted them I got a snotty email back explaining due to costs they no longer deliver to mainland uk but they will to southern Island !

1 minute ago, patrolman said:

Had the same when I contacted them I got a snotty email back explaining due to costs they no longer deliver to mainland uk but they will to southern Island !

Hi patrolman,

Do you mean Southern Ireland rather than Island?  That would be because Ireland is still in the EU.

Oh right, how sad that they’ve not decided to just post with a fee. They can post as replacement parts to avoid customs or just keep orders below the threshold, postage certainly hasn’t changed!  Maybe it’s too much of an export paperwork headache…. It’s just annoying some things they will post and others they won’t.

6 minutes ago, MunsterScot said:

Hi patrolman,

Do you mean Southern Ireland rather than Island?  That would be because Ireland is still in the EU.

Haha typo !

From Superskoda:

Hello,

to UK we deliver only by Royal post - the packet must be up to 2kgs and max 50cm long

Only to Nothern Ireland we deliver "without" limits by GLS.

Regards

Magdalena 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, globalste said:

Only to Nothern Ireland we deliver "without" limits by GLS.

What we need is an entrepreneur to start up in Northern Ireland acting as an intermediary for shipping, for  fee of course.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PetrolDave said:

What we need is an entrepreneur to start up in Northern Ireland acting as an intermediary for shipping, for  fee of course.

19 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

@FUBAR - we need you. :D

I don't think that would work. I'm not 100% sure but I think the NIP exists so that goods going from NI to the UK aren't smuggled in without customs duties/ tariffs being paid.
NI is, in effect, still in the Single Market whereas the UK left all that jolly nice stuff.

You might find help here > https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/eu-exit-and-northern-ireland-protocol

Edited by @Lee
  • Like 2

So much being mixed up here.

British Isles which is much more than the British or UK Mainland as there are islands of the mainland of Britain some pretty far south.

It is the United Kingdom or Great Britain and Northern Ireland. 

'Mainland UK'  would exclude lots of the British Isles and not just Northern Ireland.

On 20/04/2022 at 18:26, @Lee said:

I don't think that would work. I'm not 100% sure but I think the NIP exists so that goods going from NI to the UK aren't smuggled in without customs duties/ tariffs being paid.
NI is, in effect, still in the Single Market whereas the UK left all that jolly nice stuff.

You might find help here > https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/eu-exit-and-northern-ireland-protocol

It wouldn't solve the need for the paperwork necessary to import the goods into the UK, but it could get round Superskoda not being willing to do the paperwork if the 'entrepreneur' was willing to do the paperwork and charge appropriately of course.

Maybe they could do bulk shipments to a UK based warehouse, as I understand it the paperwork and charges are in some part per shipment?