Columbus Map Update 2022-2023 (MIB1/2 HIGH)

I keep checking MartiniBs posts and  trying the website 😉. Reckon it will be 199 as the ID everything else the same. You know those CSE exams when they were doing O'level maths but CSE's set those weird series tests but were not anything to do with maths but morphological analysis but you didn't know that at the time 🤔. Could have just been set theory or what was called new algebra and nobody knew what that was. Included set theory.  We are actually using heuristics for anyone into decision theory... MartiniB uses range testing method, brute force.... called something but forgotten it's name, a crypto method.

What tends to happen is the German IT people load it up at the end of the week and go home. The weekend starts at noon in Germany on a Friday so will probably turn up on a Thursday night. Could be tomorrow night, weekends are a good time to check. I did notice from their webpage they mentioned December in the published range of dates now, not just week xxx. The same map source is used in mib3 so they might give priority to that over mib2 high.

Ps. America called it New maths

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Math

So there you go deployed that 🤣... those series test.

Interesting... calling MartiniB. As I understand it MatiniB has or had a set-top box like the Humax programmed to probe thru a series range but if it goes out of the series range set up it wont find it. That's how the guys find these files.

The odd numbers in the sequences are quarters. They only release six monthly. In the past Seat have release a different quarter on factory fitted delivered ones to the main six monthly one.

When up if nobody beats me I'll Google the actual file in that link against the website and see where it appears. In the past they pop up on the Drive2 site where MartiniB also posts.

Edited by Tell
missing word

Probably been found then unless its a beta one out for testing. Changed the series release numbering thou which is kind of interesting. Inside the zip you would expect to see those preperation dates as MartiniB publishes several months before so if that feels right it is probably the release unless its an internal beta 🙄

I see the guy is showing the Audi navigation FeC series so he probably knows what he's doing... have a look when I get up. He's probably part of the Mib collective as I call them, the enthusiast not for profit telegram collective guys that pull mib apart and publish helpful stuff. Probably been testing a wider file range. 🤔

Edited by Tell

9 hours ago, Tell said:

MartiniB uses range testing method, brute force....

exactly, Mib2H(Columbus) were tested for next 15 numbers, this years step were far longer 310-197=113

thanks for info @BooBoo124!

for Mib2(Amundsen) i test next 250 and different combinations after number

NrPlus=250

fNAME2="_EU_A1_" ProcessFILE
fNAME2="_EUA1_" ProcessFILE
fNAME2="_EU-A1_" ProcessFILE
fNAME2="_EU_AS_" ProcessFILE
fNAME2="_EUAS_" ProcessFILE
fNAME2="_EU-AS_" ProcessFILE

because there isn't static value

# previous
#
# STD2_1115_EUA1_201920.zip
# STD2_1310_EUA1_201945.zip    2019.10.31 4d
#>STD2_1410_EU_A1_202022.zip    2020.06.17 3d
# STD2_1520_EU_A1_202122.zip    2021.06.02 3d
# STD2_1720_EU_A1_202145.zip    2021.10.12 2d
# STD2_1810_EU_A1_202222.zip    2022.05.09 1d
# STD2_2010_EU1_202245.zip    2022.11.02 3d
#

• Love it! 1

I got mine unpacked without errors but haven't tried installing it yet. This version of 7zip

image.png.e1ace938fd91f292d6bae9020eacdb89.png

I did use use the Russian link but I think that's all the same

http://map.audi-mib.ru/

Right clicking on the unzipped three items gives this... check the bytes with what you have MartiniB. I just did the drag and drop.

image.png.ecd7ce4e60bbb11971e42366dbb8b583.png

Well I unzipped it with WinRAR and got no errors like 7zip. Check above is the same..... I'm wondering whether your download went wrong MartiniB... yet to check it in the car.

Property check on the original zip file:

image.png.ad403da0371208851c5ebbdad69cd8ee.png

Edited by Tell
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tell said:

I'm wondering whether your download went wrong MartiniB

or SD card dies.

on another, last, attempt i have extracted to PC's local SSD - no errors,

but while copy unzipped folders to SD got several errs again . .

Feels like the card then. I always unzip to SSD then copy across. You get a lot of traffic during the unzip why it's better to unzip to the HD / SSD then just copy across.

Still watching our delayed 1PM news will try installing it after.

Feels like the card then. I always unzip to SSD then copy across. You get a lot of traffic during the unzip why it's better to unzip to the HD / SSD then just copy across.

Still watching our delayed 1PM news will try installing it after.

In the car is looking good. Read the SLA1 signature and passed validation. I use the SWDL command so it's seeing the correct map attributes to update and started off. Should have results in 40 minutes or so.

All good. 👍(you get the Seat part number on it in a Seat obviously also has the Seat FeC in it unlike that release once)

Leave MartiniB to sniff out the RoW one.

20221110_155906.jpg

Edited by Tell
  • Like 1
  • Love it! 1

• john999boy unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

image.thumb.png.38e30f500d9c170c6e2ecbc39f885fb4.png

So here are the results I got. Brand new "Sandisk Ultra Dual Drive Go USB Type C 64GB"

Formatted ExFat 4096 bytes (Interesting that when formatting SanDisk Ultra Class 10 SD card didn't give me the option of 4096 only 8192?? Just tried it again and same??)

Computer is a Dell XPS 15 9560 running Win 10 Pro

Hope this all means something to you 🤔

Dave

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BooBoo124 said:

Why exfat? I used NTFS on my usb. 

Exfat is the solid state standard so I read which is why they are preformated in it. NTFS is the HD one.

I need someone fit with a torch to look in the USB car socket. You are looking for a second line of pins that means it's real USB3.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB

Connections 5-9 in the diagram, they sit behind pins 1-4. If it doesn't connect across those it doesn't achieve USB3 speeds in the car.

20230105_104816.thumb.png.af0689aa21f73b8f0d3e0c040564448f.png

Anyone. I was going to try with a camera.

Any speed figures ?.

Edited by Tell

2 hours ago, Davab said:

image.thumb.png.38e30f500d9c170c6e2ecbc39f885fb4.png

So here are the results I got. Brand new "Sandisk Ultra Dual Drive Go USB Type C 64GB"

Formatted ExFat 4096 bytes (Interesting that when formatting SanDisk Ultra Class 10 SD card didn't give me the option of 4096 only 8192?? Just tried it again and same??)

Computer is a Dell XPS 15 9560 running Win 10 Pro

Hope this all means something to you 🤔

Dave

Thank you Dave. I get these from my

SanDisk Ultra Flair 128 GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive

image.thumb.png.65393cb222d3310ce90ef1cd130a76e5.png

The SD

SanDisk Extreme PRO 64GB SDXC Memory Card up to 170MB/s, UHS-1, Class 10, U3, V30

image.thumb.png.07771c633204c06484f902db949ebaea.png

The 32GB version of that card:

image.thumb.png.f4f8fca20335934419884ce0854448f9.png

Those +100 MB/s speeds that SanDisk quote on their SDXC cards are unlikely to be reached so I read since most card readers don't have the chipset in for them. We can assume the car hasn't. Called QuickFlow

https://www.cameramemoryspeed.com/reviews/sd-cards/sandisk-extreme-pro-200mbs-256gb-memory-card/

Comparison card SDXC card speeds here, so I reckon they bottom out at 100MB/s that why my 64GB one wasn't reaching it's claimed speeds.

https://www.cameramemoryspeed.com/

So on face value if the USB in the car is really USB3 then it's faster that SDXC.

We can simulate it not being USB3 but USB1/2 by plugging in an old USB 1/2 extension on the Sandisk USB it gives this... all comes down to shining a torch into the socket in the car. May try some test timings using the SWDL menu uploading fragments of maps.

Downgrade to USB1/2 Sandisk

image.thumb.png.2c2ac5c8686723bbbad5d679daea6a12.png

Edited by Tell

Will try and get a pic of USB this afternoon, in the meantime checked the SD card I'd been having no joy with. It's Sandisk  Ultra 32GB Class 10, quoted as 120mb/s. Realised now where I was going wrong. It was originally formatted Fat32 8192 bytes, could've sworn I'd originally formatted 4096 bytes but obviously not. Files this year obviously a little large hence why it maxed out. I have now formatted ExFat which allows down to 2048 bytes so files would have probably fitted. Have deleted them off this computer now and can't be arsed re-downloading, may try on the MAC some time to see if they do indeed fit.

image.thumb.png.a7fe73c6fb884dfdc74dd6b6d057aa23.png

41 minutes ago, Davab said:

Will try and get a pic of USB this afternoon, in the meantime checked the SD card I'd been having no joy with. It's Sandisk  Ultra 32GB Class 10, quoted as 120mb/s. Realised now where I was going wrong. It was originally formatted Fat32 8192 bytes, could've sworn I'd originally formatted 4096 bytes but obviously not. Files this year obviously a little large hence why it maxed out. I have now formatted ExFat which allows down to 2048 bytes so files would have probably fitted. Have deleted them off this computer now and can't be arsed re-downloading, may try on the MAC some time to see if they do indeed fit.

/cdn-cgi/mirage/521ad746da4af8d96bc1b171cd6452efbd4d46c91be35aaf707853b2356a306d/1280/https://www.briskoda.net/forums/uploads/monthly_2023_01/image.thumb.png.a7fe73c6fb884dfdc74dd6b6d057aa23.png

You might have problems seeing the usb3 pins since the two holding pins block the view. I'm thinking I'll have to test the Usb speed using the usb1 simulation method. If it's just usb1 / 2 it's a pass thru so won't make any difference but if it's slower it's usb3.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tell said:

You might have problems seeing the usb3 pins since the two holding pins block the view. I'm thinking I'll have to test the Usb speed using the usb1 simulation method. If it's just usb1 / 2 it's a pass thru so won't make any difference but if it's slower it's usb3.

Oh right, will have a look anyway, will leave the testing up to you though! 😄

3 hours ago, Davab said:

Oh right, will have a look anyway, will leave the testing up to you though! 😄

Best laid plans, SWDL doesn't support USB so I can't test USB in the car with it. I'm going to stick to SDXC since I like to use the developers' menu.

NTFS does slow the USB down. I reformatted the USB3 to NTFS and got this:

image.thumb.png.48c63980903f013d54393733a0e3a911.png

169 / 62 exFat v 122 / 49 NTFS. So exFat is better on these tests.

image.png

Wow that's quite a significant hit. Why would the 2 random read/writes be nearly identical when the sequential ones were so far apart though? Now don't get me wrong, I'm not for one minute suggesting I understand the figures, just reading the numbers 🙃

You were right as well about the USB socket in the car, can't get a clear piccie of the pins because of the obstructions. Will have another look tomorrow when 1) it's daylight 2) not having to try and adopt a yoga position because of the rain

4 minutes ago, Davab said:

Wow that's quite a significant hit. Why would the 2 random read/writes be nearly identical when the sequential ones were so far apart though? Now don't get me wrong, I'm not for one minute suggesting I understand the figures, just reading the numbers 🙃

You were right as well about the USB socket in the car, can't get a clear piccie of the pins because of the obstructions. Will have another look tomorrow when 1) it's daylight 2) not having to try and adopt a yoga position because of the rain

I'll let the techies comment on NTFS. Suspect it's churning about whilst exFat doesn't.

• 2 weeks later...

anyone succeeded with MHI2Q_ER_xxx versions for a Q5 / 2018?

i am trying a few days now without luck. The car does not see the update. all files are there from the 7z archive file. 

thanks

G