Are ASZ, ARL and BLT injectors identical?

The -AN number isn't a straight supersedence of the -AL, so you can be pretty sure there is something different about them. No idea what though, might be something trivial like a different connector, but more likely something emissions-related at a guess, between those for A and B-series engines.

The -AL number is equivalent to 038 130 079 BX according to Skoda-parts.com

Edited by Pete_Ex-Wino
  • Like 1

Physically the same but ASZ/ARL are 550cc and BLT are 530cc 

So if you put ASZ/ARL into a BLT or BLT into an ASZ/ARL it won't run properly and will need remapping.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, duck said:

Physically the same but ASZ/ARL are 550cc and BLT are 530cc 

So if you put ASZ/ARL into a BLT or BLT into an ASZ/ARL it won't run properly and will need remapping.

He's not changing the injectors, he's only changing the turbo, so none of this guff is relevant.

ASZ are 520 btw, not that it matters a jot.

Sorry I forgot you are always correct about everything...Yawn 

The original post asked "are there any differences", that is the question I correctly answered. 

Time to climb down from that high horse Mr Perfect... Not

1 minute ago, duck said:

Sorry I forgot you are always correct about everything...Yawn 

The original post asked "are there any differences", that is the question I correctly answered. 

Time to climb down from that high horse Mr Perfect... Not

OMG, show us on the dolly where you felt violated 😱

13 minutes ago, sepulchrave said:

OMG, show us on the dolly where you felt violated 😱

71-Ba-ZTb1-Gv-L-AC-SL1500.jpg

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Titanium_Man said:

So the BLT injectors flow slightly more given the 520 vs 530??!

There are only two types of injectors, 550 or 520, some ASZ engines have 520's, some have 550's, however all BLT are 520 and all ARL are 550.

It really doesn't matter for the OP's application since they all have ample headroom for his expected output.

The correct map to use is the map for a BLT VRS with the ARL turbo fitted, expect about 180 BHP, remember the intercooler doesn't make a **** bigger, it just let's you play with it for longer.

Ok duck? Twiserable mat.

• Haha 1

Okk, thanks a lot for the responses, being witty and good sense of humor. Given the fact that I have bought a ****ty leaky used Seat Sport Intercooler, I can slap on the ARL turbo, and do a remap to 180hp on the puny little stock intercooler… I would really need an occasional good pull for fun and an overtake really….

I was about to throw away the leaky Seat Sport IC, when I saw this video on you tube…. that goes on to show that even boost leaks don’t affect performance so much wtf?

21 hours ago, duck said:

sepulchrave is the Mk1 fabia forum troll 

Ahhh you get used to that ....!! Don't take it personally ... I get great entertainment out of seps responses and the way things are at the minute we all need a bit of sarcasm and banter. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iwcham1979 said:

…. that goes on to show that even boost leaks don’t affect performance so much wtf?

WTF? It's NOT a petrol turbo so that's what.

Fitting a big intercooler on a turbodiesel isn't really necessary, think of it as a heatsink, diesels like their intake air to be hot, cold air intake guff is for petrol engines because they use a wideband lambda to adjust the fuelling and ignition to suit content, diesels don't do that, they just go by the map and adjust algorithmically using the TMAP sensor.

Troll indeed.

Yes, but why do all the people say that the stock Fabia smic willl heatsoak easily and about 160hp is all it can take…. My Seat Sport IC is leaking and it’s beyond repair. I have just fitted an ARL turbo on my car, but I am stuck with a factory SMIC for now.   Can I put an 180hp tune on the car and call it a day for now? It will be  heatsoaking, but is it likely to cause any damage to the engine, or affect it negatively in any way?

Edited by iwcham1979

1 hour ago, iwcham1979 said:

Yes, but why do all the people say that the stock Fabia smic willl heatsoak easily and about 160hp is all it can take…. My Seat Sport IC is leaking and it’s beyond repair. I have just fitted an ARL turbo on my car, but I am stuck with a factory SMIC for now.   Can I put an 180hp tune on the car and call it a day for now? It will be  heatsoaking, but is it likely to cause any damage to the engine, or affect it negatively in any way?

You can do exactly that, the heatsoak will not hurt the engine, you'll just feel the power fade when you start giving it the berries.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, I got a set of these injectors for 180euros. The owner was selling them as “the injectors for tdi 96kw” and claimed they had been taken out of a Passat b5.5 96kw. Now, according to the numbers, they are the the same as ARL injectors, and better than BLT injectors, right? Are these injectors 520 or 550? (Sepulchrave suggested that some ASZ engines got 520 injectors… while all ARL injectors are 550) If I swap my BLT injectors with these, can I drive the car and test them for any issues before flashing the tune, without causing any damage to the injectors or the engine? Some people are reporting rough idle before the remap…. I would be nice to be able to install them and check them out, see whether they work within tolerances… As I have said, they are asking a lot of money to put a custom tune on the car (BLT injectors and ARL turbo) but with these injectors and ARL turbo, I can flesh a free ARL Stage 1 tune and call it a day, right?

49F511A6-3E77-4784-B588-DFF6887DEA5D.png

Seems really unnecessary changing the injectors, all you need is the generic map for ARL PD150 turbo on a BLT, incredibly common upgrade done a million times on here, usually about 180 BHP and often done without changing the standard intercooler.

Speaking of which, you can get your leaky FMIC repaired somewhere good at TIG welding.

Why is everyone trying to make this so much harder than it really is?

• Like 1

Been to two ic and radiator repair shops and they said it can’t be done… They said replacing the core is the only solution… and the cheapest that I could get is 250euros for the hob…..So I bought a brand new replacement part for 150euros….  😁

C230A1EF-1EDC-4E36-99F5-DD99F273EF54.jpeg

Edited by iwcham1979

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, I have installed a 1749VB turbo and Seat Fmic. Now I need to replace headbolts before I do the remap. I have read on the forums that there is a PDF explaining the torque and head bolt change sequence. Could you please send the PDF or a link. I have no intention of sharing it. It’s just for my use, to show it to my mechanic so that we are sure not to make a mess of things 😅 My email address is: iwcham1979 at yahoo dot com

I found this thread by Devonutopia:

"there is a strict sequence to undo and do up. I have it on a PDF manual.

Actually to undo you do it bolt at a time, completely. If you imagine the headbolts 1 to 5 across the top and 6 to 10 down the bottom you undo them in order 1, 10, 5, 6 (so the 4 corners) then 4, 7, 2, 9, then the middle ones 3 then 8.

To do up they go in opposite order, to 8 then 3, then 9, 2, 6, 4, then 6, 5, 10, 1 - first to 40Nm, then 60Nm, then 90 degree turn, then another 90 degree turn. That last 90 is a bugger too. Needs a BIG wrench. ;)"

So I suppose that's it. So you take out ALL the old bolts in a sequence, so that there are none left, and then fit the new ones in a sequence too, not undo and do them up one by one.  First sue 40nm in a sequence, then repeat using 60nm, then 90 degree turn, than another 90 degree turn, right?

Edited by cheezemonkhai
Slightly obfuscated email