A TSB from Skoda on cold start behaviour with 1.2 TSI's. Something that Dealership Employees should be able to explain to customers.

Posted by another member in a thread about 1.2 TSI's & pinched.    To save members and others having to pay to get information they should get free because they paid to buy a car.

I will ask a Mod to pin this in the Mk3 Fabia section. 

Personally,

i am not so sure about the Temperatures given, like from 18*oC.

Cold starts and the need to get things up to temperature apply to actual temperatures much colder than where the car has sat 6 hours and the coolant is at 18*oC to 33*oC.

Is there some error in the figures????

Screenshot_20220521-085546.png.eb9bc96a52684720040debbf43ea8dd5.png

Edited by roottoot
  • Like 4

I have noticed this on my Fabia.

As they say not so noticeable when it IS cold.

The first time you start driving the car there is a slight hesitancy.

Never bothered me.

Thanks, AG Falco

I had this occur the other day and the car was only sat for 3 hours, I think the numbers they quoted were just from a customer complaint and they've went with that.

Providing the car has been started that day at some point, if it has been parked for ~3hours+ I will always get this.

I had this today with an outside ambient of +15C, but car had been parked in the garage after being warmed up, for roughly 3 hours, all I noticed was an initial increase in idle RPM - no rough etc running at all.

• 4 weeks later...

Why does it need such specific conditions? Our 2.0 TSI GTI always does a cold start after standing cold for a few hours, that's during warmer weather as well.

• 1 year later...

Think I've commented on this subject before but this is definitely a thing on my 4 cyl 16V 1.2TSI. I did ask the dealer about it as I thought the plugs were knackered etc but they said it was normal without explaining further.