Tailgate wiring harness

Hello, I don't know how it is properly called, but my tailgate wiring "grommet" is broken. Some of the cables have been broken several times already and I have problems with short circuits, so I need to find a new grommet. The problem is that here in Bulgaria I can't find it new anywhere and at the scrapyards these are in bad condition too. My question is - does anyone know if it fits from another make and model which could be more popular here so I can find it new or in better condition? The part number is 6U9971841.

I had the same problem and purchased one off EBay try typing TAILGATE GROMMET in the search here is one in the UK looks very much like it would fit 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174978713583?epid=646078392&hash=item28bd8b47ef:g:VvEAAOSwuUthaZXM

If the person will not post to you I could buy it and post to you.

I had a garage rewire mine he used trailer wire.

It's the little things that let a car down best of luck.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Raychev05 said:

My question is - does anyone know if it fits from another make and model which could be more popular here so I can find it new or in better condition? The part number is 6U9971841.

I though i was the only one with problem with this part.

You can make a patent with the one which is the doors, it's a little bit longer but you can manage to make it work, on the other hand one from a french car i think Peuegot fitls like a charm.

I have photos to post in my pc, wait untill tomorrow to see mine.

I had the same problem, i couldn't find in the local market that part even as Used so i thought that i could make a patent.

I bought one from the front door which is a little bit longer and my mechanic shorten it.

TAAypAN.jpg

OGvYzVJ.jpg

I know does not look like the factory but it's not easily visible by everybody.

No problem with water, tested multiple times in purpose with garden hose plus many heavy rains in winter.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Raychev05 said:

@D.FYLAKTOSThis is felicia front door rubber piece or the peugeot one? 

It's the Front door Grommet modified.

Here it is ready to use.

https://www.sinatec.com/en/electrical/wiring-harness-repair-kits/skoda/favorit-forman-felicia/wiring-harness-repair-kit-tailgate-skoda-1pc/a12861?c=737

Also make a search for 6U0971840

for example: https://www.autopotreby-liska.cz/?2705,pruchodka-kabelu-5dveri-favorit-felicia

6u0971840_1.JPG

Sadly Czech doesn't post abroad, but I think I have one for the front door laying around, so I will try making it fit. Looks nice on your car. 

1 hour ago, Raychev05 said:

Well, I found my front door grommet, but I can't see how did you manage to fit that big thing in that little whole😁

Stretch the hole😎

• Haha 1

This is a photo before the modification from the mechanic, i had some silicone for aquarium on trying to reinforce the waterproofing.

Later some extra cables must pass so i removed the grommet and the mechanic made things much better than me (proper materials as glues for plastic,windshield glue etc).

SF- (310).jpg

Here is the mechanic's fingers removing my ''work'', as you can see after some months a cut show-up so i had to go to a professional to fix it permanently.

You should have a heat-gun, for 16 euro you can buy one with temperatures till 500 'C which is enough for to many works that you can do as an amateur-hobbyist etc.

pisv porta.jpg

I thought you have used the whole front door grommet but seems like you have a big piece of the original one in good condition. 

My original one is pretty much gone. 

59 minutes ago, D.FYLAKTOS said:

You should have a heat-gun, for 16 euro you can buy one with temperatures till 500 'C which is enough for to many works that you can do as an amateur-hobbyist etc.

If you have a hairdryer with concentrator nozzle in the household then you have a "heat gun" for most purposes you will need.

Edited by nta16

14 hours ago, Raychev05 said:

I thought you have used the whole front door grommet but seems like you have a big piece of the original one in good condition.

No, i couldn't find the rear (neither as used) so i bought one new  for front and cut it to match.

We are not the only ones, this is from a Greek BMW forum, a similar problem.

14 hours ago, nta16 said:

If you have a hairdryer with concentrator nozzle in the household then you have a "heat gun" for most purposes you will need.

Yes but produces more noise and i case you broke it you know the consequences.

friday-icegif-23.gif

10 minutes ago, D.FYLAKTOS said:

Yes but produces more noise and i case you broke it you know the consequences.

My wife gave me an old travel one then I bought a cheap one just for DIY use as the travel one wasn't powerful enough.

A lot of macho blokes have a hair dryer for their hair-dos, or if bald/shaved head for drying their chest hair perhaps.

On 04/06/2022 at 11:09, D.FYLAKTOS said:

OGvYzVJ.jpg

The part that goes to the "roof" (not the 5th door) looks like the rear one, but you are telling me this is the front one? 

I got a little confused😅, can you explain what and how exactly was modified? 

Edited by Raychev05

On 05/06/2022 at 16:03, Raychev05 said:

The part that goes to the "roof" (not the 5th door) looks like the rear one, but you are telling me this is the front one? 

I got a little confused😅, can you explain what and how exactly was modified? 

You keep the front part (which goes to the 5th door) from the original, you shorten the length of the Front door grommet

You keep the back end (which goes to the body of the car) and the ''neck'' and you glue it with the original.

After reinforcing the glued area for example with paper adhensive tape you make a test (up and down the 5th door few times) and Voila!

• Thanks 1

On 02/06/2022 at 21:51, Raychev05 said:

My question is - does anyone know if it fits from another make and model which could be more popular here so I can find it new or in better condition?

You should visit a big car scrapyard that allows you to visit and take what you need. I am sure you'll get a decent replacement from Russian or VAG cars.

• Thanks 1

When i aksed for a used part the answer was from all the sellers the same:

''when they disassembled the cars that rubber part plus those 2 on the front doors are damaged and throwed away, nodoby keep them separate''

This is not America with big scrapyard acres where you visit them and after making many cyrcles maybe you may find something interesting and take it, which seller will cut the wires and will give you this part intact? If you bought the 5th door then OK. :biggrin:

Don't waist time with theories, if you can not find a new one buy a front and make the patent.

I found a relative photo from the process that day, the mechanic used this Automotive primer

BBkoaYw.jpg

DuPont BETAPRIME™ 5504G
All-in-One Primer

https://www.dupont.com/content/dam/dupont/amer/us/en/transportation-industrial/public/documents/en/BP5504G_SS_EN_001-20076-OIA0419_ESGR4168_.pdf

Can be found in Ebay too.

On 08/06/2022 at 01:53, RicardoM said:

You should visit a big car scrapyard that allows you to visit and take what you need. I am sure you'll get a decent replacement from Russian or VAG cars.

This might work, but I can't fit in the 

work time. All of the nearby scarpyards are out of the town and during the day I go to school and my dad to work(I still don't have a license). 

I will probably make a patent after a week or so, because these days are busy for me. During that time I might ask some more people who are braking Felicia to spares if they can get me one of these. 

Thanks everyone for the help🙂

[Quoted link amended]

I am pretty sure this is my car😂

Check here:

On 04/06/2022 at 20:12, Raychev05 said:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1P79-CLVfJjAw0rRGjOJ0Ah0_3fcp0TVV/view?usp=drivesdk

Now you should be able. 

I didn't think of the heat-gun, I have to buy one anyway and I will try soon. 

Edited by john999boy
Quoted post edited