Retrofit new style steering wheel to Superb MK3

I absolutely love the new look steering wheel but sadly my new inbound MK3 2020 LK Superb doesn't have it.

Is there a way to retrofit one? I've seen some knocking about on various online auction sites - but didn't know if would require significant coding or hub modifications.

This the one I'm lusting after...

Screenshot 2022-07-30 at 18.04.45.png

If the buttons match up it may well be a straight swap. Unless they are using slightly different setup with a different canbus. I'm sure someone will be along who knows. Out of interest how much are the wheels on for?

38 minutes ago, MarkyG82 said:

If the buttons match up it may well be a straight swap. Unless they are using slightly different setup with a different canbus. I'm sure someone will be along who knows. Out of interest how much are the wheels on for?

I believe you will need a new gateway and steering wheel control module at the very least. These new steering wheels have a different button setup on them so I dont believe they are a direct fit. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 06/10/2023 at 23:11, Chetnik73 said:

I've done this. I have a spare LIN adaptor as per the picture above I'm happy to sell if you need one. They plug into steering wheel and air bag cable and enable all functions on right side of steering wheel

Did you need to change the gateway or the steering wheel module? What was involved? 

Thanks 

18 hours ago, Rachetz32 said:

I only replaced the steering wheel and added the LIN adapter in behind the airbag. It's only small so fits away nicely and enables all gestures on right side of steering wheel. I have the steering wheel with paddles but unsure of the model number

same problem, module buyed, mounted.. everythig work fine, but heating wheel function not working from steering, just from panel, and sometimes on middle display have a error with heating , you know some coding from vcds ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 06/10/2023 at 23:11, Chetnik73 said:

I've done this. I have a spare LIN adaptor as per the picture above I'm happy to sell if you need one. They plug into steering wheel and air bag cable and enable all functions on right side of steering wheel

What lin convertor did you use. Also did you manage to get the heated wheel button to work?