My new 2019 Octavia VRS 245.

On 01/08/2022 at 22:14, Bigjoelski said:

Any useful new owner advice would be appreciated 

Fill it with good fuel, get in, enjoy :thumbup:

Handsome beastie 😎

I throughly enjoyed having a vRS, and having another will still be on the options list when I next come to change car.

Gaz

Edited by Gaz
  • Love it! 1

49 minutes ago, RoddersUK said:

The blue does look very nice!

Is that paint damage under the lower grill at the front?

Decent tyres all round and not cheap crap?

Bird **** 😂 ... Tyres I can't remember not picked her up yet!

12 hours ago, RoddersUK said:

Hopefully they clean it off soon!

Also, the door, the yellow lines reflection bend, I'd have thought they should stay straight. Has it had a knock when opening?

12 hours ago, RoddersUK said:

Hopefully they clean it off soon!

Also, the door, the yellow lines reflection bend, I'd have thought they should stay straight. Has it had a knock when opening?

It's going to be fully cleaned along with the paint protection I got them to throw in. Had a good look round didn't notice anything resembling damage to the doors just a weird angle in guessing. 

14 hours ago, RoddersUK said:

The blue does look very nice!

Is that paint damage under the lower grill at the front?

Decent tyres all round and not cheap crap?

Bird **** 😂 ... Tyres I can't remember not picked her up yet!

Enjoy the car. 

Look where the coolant is now when cold.

Check the oil when cold and then again at operating temp then you know how it was at hand over.

Check the tyre pressures suit your driving and reset the TPMS. 

Check the tools and security socket are all there. 

• Like 1

That's a 245? Don't the 245's come with the 19" extremes?

Decent matching tyres all round and the all clear on the common leaking thermostat and you're good to go! enjoy. Great colour choice.

Don't get too carried away with mods like me 😆

51969326899_33765f25d3_o.jpg

9 minutes ago, DC04R said:

Decent matching tyres all round and the all clear on the common leaking thermostat and you're good to go! enjoy. Great colour choice.

It's the 245 but for whatever reason the original owner put the 18s on , I've heard the ride is better on the 18s but we'll see.

Not going to do too much to it until it's warranty is up but I'm definitely going to get a diffuser, side skirts and splitter on it at some point 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DC04R said:

14 minutes ago, Bigjoelski said:

It's the 245 but for whatever reason the original owner put the 18s on , I've heard the ride is better on the 18s but we'll see.

Not going to do too much to it until it's warranty is up but I'm definitely going to get a diffuser, side skirts and splitter on it at some point 

The trim levels became a bit of a cluster **** at one point. Below is a rough table of how it goes. I have used SE to mark out the models that were offered as additional to the regulars. Hopefully that makes sense..?

PFL 220

PFL 230 SE

FL 230

FL 245 SE

FL 245 

FL 245 Challenge 

Ok, now we’re - not much - clearer on that. The car in here is a FL 245. That’s why it has the 18”s and the silver exhaust tips (Googled the reg). 

All clear? Nope? Excellent 😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, SC03OTT said:

The trim levels became a bit of a cluster **** at one point. Below is a rough table of how it goes. I have used SE to mark out the models that were offered as additional to the regulars. Hopefully that makes sense..?

PFL 220

PFL 230 SE

FL 230

FL 245 SE

FL 245 

FL 245 Challenge 

Ok, now we’re - not much - clearer on that. The car in here is a FL 245. That’s why it has the 18”s and the silver exhaust tips (Googled the reg). 

All clear? Nope? Excellent 😂

Not sure if I should be impressed with the quick homework here or concerned you don't have anything better to do on a Friday morning 😂  Useful update though!

22 minutes ago, Bigjoelski said:

Ride is definitely better on 18s. think for the OEM wheels the gemini look better anyway

Just now, Bigjoelski said:

Not sure if I should be impressed with the quick homework here or concerned you don't have anything better to do on a Friday morning 😂  Useful update though!

You should be impressed. My employer should be concerned 😏

• Haha 1

Update for those interested. I absolutely love this car , huge upgrade on my Audi A3 2.0 diesel. Loads of fun and really chuffed with it and it looks great!

Only gripe is that I think the speakers are a bit naff anyone got any reccomendations on upgrades?

• Like 1

What's DCC?

Glad you like it, they are great cars. Still enjoy mine 1 year later.

Don't know on speakers, guess I'm lucky I found one with the Canton system, if the standards are not great.

DCC is dynamic chassis control. 

Settings are comfort, normal or sport.

Not really tried sport yet, no idea how much difference it makes. 

Comfort very good at taking of the rough edges of UK roads.

3 minutes ago, JD52 said:

DCC is dynamic chassis control. 

Settings are comfort, normal or sport.

Not really tried sport yet, no idea how much difference it makes. 

Comfort very good at taking of the rough edges of UK roads.

If it's the same thing I've been playing with this week, sport is great . It firms everything up sharpens the throttle response and gives a bit more feeling in the steering, extra noise too!

That's the normal VRS 

Modes. 👍👍

DCC is for the damper settings only.

I have individual set to everything normal except for DCC which is set to comfort.

If I switch to sport. Everything changes.

I have also killed the sound generator as it's rubbish. 

Edited by JD52