Creaky

TurismoM

Jusy Hit 1000 Miles in our MonteCarlo & i'm starting to notice a creak, especially when reversing off the drive.

It sounds like the whole inside of the car is Creaking, anyone else experienced similar issues?

My Monte doesn't creak, I usually wipe into the joins on internal plastics with silicone polish or just silicone spray when I get a new car.

I do wish the bl**dy dash cam would stay stuck to the windscreen.

54 minutes ago, gumdrop said:

I do wish the bl**dy dash cam would stay stuck to the windscreen.

Sounds like you are using a suction mount. Try a 3m adhesive mount. It won't fall off with one of those.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cestrian said:

Sounds like you are using a suction mount. Try a 3m adhesive mount. It won't fall off with one of those.

I have tried an adhesive mount, thanks 😉 it came adrift as well, I think it must be this hot sun.

27 minutes ago, longedge said:

.. or if it's like mine and only falls off when the car is parked in direct sunshine - park in the shade 😁

I'm afraid so, but there is no useful shade. I may have to get a windscreen shade. Thank you both

I've figured out the noise, it's actually the door seals rubbing on the paintwork.

You can stand outside the car, push the top of the doors to re-create the noise, there is obviously a fair bit of flex in the chassis.

5 hours ago, TurismoM said:

I've figured out the noise, it's actually the door seals rubbing on the paintwork.

You can stand outside the car, push the top of the doors to re-create the noise, there is obviously a fair bit of flex in the chassis.

Very strange! We get no noises at all from our SE.