Software update

Nagus

I'm getting software update available messages pretty much every time I drive the car. This has been going on for months now. I've had it to the dealer & they reported back that all the software is up to date. It doesn't matter if I press OK or later, the message dissappears until the next time I start the car up? I've also included a photo of my software revisions as of 9th Sept 2022.

IMG_20220909_071134.jpg

IMG_20220909_142752.jpg

Welcome 🤝

Can you do 2 things, hold down your menu / setup key to enter hidden menu and let us know what your Software Train is

Next is to try rebooting the unit, holding in the Volume knob iirc for at least 10 seconds until screen flashes off and then shows splash screen.

A reboot never hurt.

I do wonder what to press when this comes up about 1 mile into a journey.

What I want it to do is just do the ******* update next time the car is parked, I don't really care to read the details,

Perhaps the question should be 'Read details' and 'Perform update' 

• Like 1

Cheers, I am sure that is the latest for the 01xx versions,

Now you can back out and reboot to normal mode.

Edit: There are 2 releases in the 01xx series - 0155 and 0156

Not applicable to you are 0238, 0276 & 0278

In the 03xx you have 0304 & 0306

I am not sure if the unit is going online to a server, and is reading that 02xx an 03xx series is newer than your 0156 and showing the stupid prompt?

You could badger the dealers to "check" and send off what's called a DISS report (iirc) and then this bounces it off to importer, then onto Germany/Factory to suggest a fix.

Be something like re-install firmware, or they need to release a possible newer 01xx version that does not check and report 02xx/03xx as updates available!

Edited by varooom
More information
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Nagus said:

Yup, still getting the software update message even after the unit reboot. 😭

Probably needs going back into the dealers and see what they can do with it, as mentioned before... possible reflash, or they need to make a report to send off down the food-chain to see what Germany/factory has to say about it.

• Like 1

I've got  the same software update message coming up on mine [ 6 months old car ]

it's a bit annoying having to cancel it all the time,  but i cant be bothered booking it in ,

so unless i can do a diy update , i will just live with it for the next 18 months until it goes into the dealers for it's 1st service.

@310golfr Are you on the same firmware as @Nagus?

If you are, then there must be a reason (bug) as to why they keep seeing a non-existant update, this will need sorting out.

Sadly unless you do complain to the dealer, then the fault will live on as they won't put much effort into a single car or a few dozen cars getting reported.

So if possible, it would be helpful to at least post a picture of your current firmware to at least confirm your findings match each other.

• Like 1

0304 is my software version

i held onto the menu button like you said

then i just followed the update instructions on the screen and the update message has disappeared,

i've switched things off and on a few times and  still no more update message, so looks like it's all fixed  😀

many thanks

thumbnail_20220911_164410.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, varooom said:

Software version 0369 is available, and clean your car!

I can send link by private message.

Is there a way to legitimately get the firmware?

I’m getting some funky things going on with Bluetooth mostly and wondering if updating it would help.

I don’t want to appear rude but if there’s a legit way of updating like satnav I’d love to know

17 minutes ago, Danoid said:

Is there a way to legitimately get the firmware?

I’m getting some funky things going on with Bluetooth mostly and wondering if updating it would help.

I don’t want to appear rude but if there’s a legit way of updating like satnav I’d love to know

The firmwares are supplied to the dealer network, so nope not really.

There's no changelog provided, you have to do a best guess based upon TPI documents "Customer complains that screen goes black, cannot pair Bluetooth" and this gives you a clue as to what's fixed.

Mine is just out from the dealers.  I had the "Emergency SOS" message come up and loss of Infotainment.  I had to wait 3 weeks for a booking slot for the dealer to do it, but they managed to get it all done in the day.  They had to do two software updates.  One for the Emergency SOS alarm, and the other for the infotainment system failure.  At least it's all working again.

This was probably made worse by the fact that mine is a company car, and the lease company don't use Škoda dealers, but Bosch authorised garages.  They are not able to update the firmware, and probably don't get any information on necessary updates, so it never gets done.  Something I will take up with the lease company.

Edited by Robster59
Updated info
  • Like 1

Nope, not seen either of those.  It may be that was sent to the lease company.  I got my car in May 2021.

This was only booked in with a Škoda dealer once I had the issue with the software.  Last time it was in at a Škoda dealer before this was October last year.

EDIT:  Just checked on the Škoda website and there are no active recalls for my vehicle.

Edited by Robster59
  • Like 1

The engine cover Recall was not for your engine.

The PHEV is like others when the DVLA Recall letter goes to Registered Keepers in that can get overlooked and not actioned.

At least you car was in at a Main Dealers and any Recalls or Recalls actions should be identified. 

That VIN Checker has been hopeless over the years in that actual 'Safety Critical Recalls' sometimes do not come up. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, roottoot said:

@Robster59 Was your car part of the Safety Recall and has that been done? 

http://skoda-auto.com/services/recall-actions

Screenshot 2022-10-11 13.43.48.png

Screenshot 2022-10-11 13.46.17.png

I got mine serviced about 3 weeks ago and the only mention of a recall was to get an Aircon pipe replaced which was done last Monday. I was getting those endless updates since getting it serviced and I kept installing them when sitting in the car, they seemed to have finally stopped.  

• Like 1

It can not be a RECALL if no RECALL was done or the Registered Keeper Informed.

I do wish Dealership staff would stop calling things Recalls if no recall was done, just the car happened to come into them.

So a Recall Action, a Workshop Action, a TPI.   

This is a Skoda VW issue.  Need to know basis and car Owner / Drivers might be the last to know, and if the car does not get Main Dealer Servicing it might not get done.

Even Skoda Approved Used cars can go through the trade with Updates not being done because no Service was done before a new owner gets the car. 

Edited by roottoot

Interestingly enough, I spoke to the AA (first port of call for any issues with our lease company), and the Škoda dealer, and they both said that these software issues are a major problem throughout VAG and that they've had quite a lot of calls about them.  Not very reassuring.