SatNav map update

Hi guys. I've finally admitted defeat and now have had to ask you experts for advise please. 

My SatNav map is years out of date which caused chaos last week whilst driving through Wales! 

I've got a 2015 Superb Estate and a Huawei P30 Pro (wife has a new Honor Magic Pro, if it helps) 

Please advise how to update my maps etc. 

Many thanks 

Cheers 

HarryH 

• 3 weeks later...

If you go to getnavigationdvd.com they have a 2022 map update for the Columbus/RNS510  You will need a burning software like Nero to burn an .iso file to disk to do the update. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/11/2022 at 12:27, Andy9-5 said:

If you go to getnavigationdvd.com they have a 2022 map update for the Columbus/RNS510  You will need a burning software like Nero to burn an .iso file to disk to do the update. 

There is no official update since the 2020 V17 update for the old Columbus.

On 16/11/2022 at 16:53, 26DIPP said:

There is no official update since the 2020 V17 update for the old Columbus.

I am glad you said that, i found the site linked to be somewhat suspicious..  spelling issues, download link hidden so can not be checked with virus total. I will be staying with the last official release.

On 07/11/2022 at 16:30, Colliedogs said:

Many thanks 👍

Did the map update for the Columbus from the above mentioned site actually work? If yes, where did the data come from? Since there was no release since the West Eur V17 version, the data must originate from somewhere else.
Or did they simply relabel the old V17 as a newer version and sell you the old data?

Did you see any differences between V17 and these maps?

On 23/11/2022 at 15:35, Coled said:

Try Gpspower.net 

Navigate to Vw/Skoda and you will find V17 maps there free, gratis and there for the taking. Download, burn to a dual layer DVD and update. 

https://www.gpspower.net/

That's not really a solution for the majority here who are looking for something newer than the outdated V17...