MK3 245 vrs reliability? Skoda still quality?

If you go into the driving modes, then choose individual and then click on change.

In the next menu there will be the option of front differential lock, 2 settings - sport or normal.

If you cannot see them, then the VAQ diff isn't fitted.

Similar to this at 1:30 onwards:

• Thanks 1

Checking the pr-codes for the vin or using a scan tool to check the module is fitted are the obvious options.

I think there might be an extra option in the individual driving mode setup too. I can't remember the wording though...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mattyboy91 said:

Stupid question: is there a sure fire way to check if a car defo has VAQ? Apart from age and release date. 

Cheers, 

Matt. 

Drive it. If you understeer and crash, it won't have one fitted. 😀

That one looks like an original 245 so should have the VAQ.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Found this article about dsg very enlightening. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/blog.fcpeuro.com/the-definitive-guide-to-the-dsg-transmission%3fhs_amp=true

I'm guessing the VAQ is only for dsg which makes sense.

I've found a 2019 manual I really like so I think it's good bye to the VAQ. 😞

11 minutes ago, Mattyboy91 said:

Im guessing the VAQ is only for dsg which makes sense.

I've found a 2019 manual I really like so I think it's good bye to the VAQ. 😞

Manual cars get the VAQ too. My '68 plate manual vRS 245 has one 👍

• Haha 1

On 29/12/2022 at 09:24, langers2k said:

The front diff settings appears on cars without a VAQ so scrap that. Scan tool or PR codes is the easiest way...

Thread regarding it:

Do you know how to check using the vin code? I've got the number just not sure how to decode it, cheers.

I tend to use https://erwin.skoda-auto.cz/ but it's a per time period charge. Fine if you just want an hour to grab workshop manuals, could get expensive if you want access over a few days/weeks to check multiple vins.

I think others have used various 'free' online VIN decoders, I don't have any suggestions I'm afraid.

If it's a Skoda dealer, they should be able to provide a list of PR codes if you ask nicely and they aren't an arse :)

• Love it! 1

Cheers for that really appreciate it, ill take a look.

Have you ever seen Service history recorded as "Interval Inspection". I asked about it and they don't have the itemised services but the sales man said that he contacted the Skoda dealership which they operate with as this is Seat and its been all done at the main Skoda dealer but it only states "interval Inspection". He also said that the previous owner took out a DD Monthly Service Plan. 

But it sounded weird to me, is that normal to just state "interval Inspection" and main Skoda not knowing exactly what was done? 

?

Who is Main Skoda?

Is that a particular person, if so do not be surprised at people at Skoda UK or Dealerships not knowing stuff.

There were and maybe still are Skoda / VW Group main dealers that suggested and quoted for an 'Inspection Service' which was for the Body Condition Warranty'.

Silly money as a Interim/ Minor Service or a Major Service includes a body inspection, but some never got main dealer services but would have an Inspection Service because they were advised to for the Warranty.

So there is Oil & Inspection Services, and anyone could have an Inspection Service without having the Oil & Filter changed. 

Or there are Pre Sales Inspections. 

*** A member posted this in another thread.      'Inspection Service' is most likely an 'Oil & Inspection Service'.  But one should never assume.

An Oil Change Service @ £99 was being offered by some, as a Oil change between Major / Variable Services. 

Bottom in Green how it was up to Skoda UK changing to Oil & Inspection and Extended Scope and pricing for plugs, pollen filter etc.

Before that a fixed Service price never guaranteed the stuff getting replaced but you still paid for it even if not supplied and fitted. 

20200409_151024.jpg.e233719bf5c7d866dbf2f13b3b9d1eb1 (1).jpg

image (2).webp

Capture.JPG.e671a68c7d7c09475fa3a6c1644e5239.jpeg.d1529de10b0a4b603c2df1703deceb61.jpeg

Edited by toot
  • Love it! 1

Cheers that's worried me then. The car is being prepped for sale,  he's going to send an invoice of whats been serviced during the prep.

The sales man was pretty sure that it would of followed the service schedule after contacting Bristol motors Skoda but As the car has 50k on i really need to know. 

It's all Bristol Street motors Skoda/ seat.

Not gonna lie I'm a little worried now. 

Edited by Mattyboy91
Grammar
  • Like 1

They are putting on the warranty.  No point them pretending they do not know what the manufacturer's guidelines, recommendations, schedule or spec is on cars to the miles or age.    If no record of being done then they need to do it.     ??? Is a sales person likely to say. ' we do the least we can get away with, and no point taking my name as I might not be here next week.    Pinch of salt and get it in writing what has been done and the answers to anything you ask the managers not just sales staff. 

Edited by toot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Mattyboy91 said:

The sales man was pretty sure....

In other words, doesn't have a clue :shake: and can't confirm...

1 minute ago, toot said:

Pinch of salt.... 

+1 👍 - perhaps a large one :thinking:

Gaz

• Love it! 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mattyboy91 said:

Very true, thanks guys.

I've asked for it in writing so hopefully that will explain the situation. It's just so much money to base things on assurances.

Pretty sure all UK dealers will have access to digital servicing records through the reg/VIN. Mine was serviced at several Skoda dealers and I was given printouts along with the original invoices. I was told the printouts were of the Skoda digital servicing records and as I have the original customer invoices I have no reason to doubt them.

I wouldnt worry about it, they should be able to prove any servicing records.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It turned out it had FSH and gave it a drive today seemed chushty. Only issue was tires there abit **** tbh not tread but brands. But I've got a good part exchange and some added extras on the offer so I think it's a well rounded package. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mattyboy91 said:

It turned out it had FSH and gave it a drive today seemed chushty. Only issue was tires there abit **** tbh not tread but brands. But I've got a good part exchange and some added extras on the offer so I think it's a well rounded package. 

Let us have a nose then!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dooge said:

Let us have a nose then!

There's no images on the trader link haha, I snapped it up on the reserve before it even went fully live. It's racing blue, 19 plate 51k, FSH.  heated steering, heated front windscreen, heated seats, black pack and the almost impossible to find digital display, I think that's it for extras, not sure if lane assist is standard.  Negs: tire brands and some light thin scratches around the door handle, highish milage. 16k p/x w 3 years warranty. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got the car wooop woop! 

Getting used too the size :0. Already had a motorbike scrap the me side, didn't check his blind spot and it was the First day driving it back 5 mins from home! Can't see any dents though thank god.

IMG_20230121_061509.jpg

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Mattyboy91 said:

Finally got the car wooop woop! 

Getting used too the size :0. Already had a motorbike scrap the me side, didn't check his blind spot and it was the First day driving it back 5 mins from home! Can't see any dents though thank god.

/cdn-cgi/mirage/b90fbfbad72ff88bde43afa07ac1a83236bfe82519fc9f6b3e76662628bd9d3b/1280/https://www.briskoda.net/forums/uploads/monthly_2023_01/IMG_20230121_061509.thumb.jpg.8e32ea52e35db05e8d841ae0a2b2c5e7.jpg

Nice