Poor rear washer performance or just normal?

As the title suggests really. 

I feel like the rear washer jet leaves a lot to be desired.

Most of the water is used to clean the right of the screen and as such the left portion, especially the bottom left is left streaky and dirty. 

New wiper blade did a little to help clearing. 

Do I need a new jet or is this normal? 

Video

Sorry not sure how to embed. 

Thanks. 

Could be some debris in the jet. Stick a pin in it, or remove the jet itself and soak it to see if performance improves. 

Might also be worth while pulling off the outlet pipe of the washer pump to make sure the gauze is not gummed up. 

I had a reluctant washer jet and thoroughly cleaned out all the pipes washer bottles with hand hot water,

I refilled with a quality screen wash and stuck with it, (no chopping and changing) no more problems.

49 minutes ago, raveydavey said:

Mine stopped working a few years ago.   Pump is audible, just a poor design. 

Probably the delivery pipe is blocked at the elbow about 4” below the nozzle. Suggest you try this….

• Like 1

My 2016 Superb Exec. has just had blocked rear jet again. I have had this annoyance on all the three Octavias I have owned. My clearance method is to remove the jet cover by lifting it up from the fat end taking care not to break the two prongs at the thin end.  The jets can be removed by lifting them up with a screwdriver. I usually check water flow by operating rear wipers. Hopefully a good spurt of water gushes. I clean and clear the two jets with 5 amp fuse wire. Ifyou use tap water, limescale can be removed by soaking jets in vinegar . I use rain water and VW recommended fluid. When assembling ensure jets are located in the groove and tap them gently to seat firmly.  Install cover prongs located first.

4 hours ago, Vak said:

My 2016 Superb Exec. has just had blocked rear jet again. I have had this annoyance on all the three Octavias I have owned. My clearance method is to remove the jet cover by lifting it up from the fat end taking care not to break the two prongs at the thin end.  The jets can be removed by lifting them up with a screwdriver. I usually check water flow by operating rear wipers. Hopefully a good spurt of water gushes. I clean and clear the two jets with 5 amp fuse wire. Ifyou use tap water, limescale can be removed by soaking jets in vinegar . I use rain water and VW recommended fluid. When assembling ensure jets are located in the groove and tap them gently to seat firmly.  Install cover prongs located first.

Is this on a saloon or a estate? 

I only see the one fan shaped hole on my estate. 

I also took the panel off inside but couldn't make much of the piping and couldn't get to the bit where it attaches. 

• 2 weeks later...

Estate driver here. Mine is as rubbish as yours, I think the jet is a little too far from the blade but I guess they made a conscious decision to not use the version that sprays via the arm as those always eventually leak and kill the motor.

It's complete useless at speeds over 50mph too, the draft just drags the water off as spray. It's an annoyance but not a lot can be done 

21 hours ago, Calskil said:

Can they be swapped for an A6 avant wiper arm with the washer included? 

I did that on my former Superb Mk2.

I can post a How to guide, if needed.

But on Mk2 the rear washer spray is integrated in the motor axis, which simplify the mods compared to the Mk3 washer in the 3rd stop light.😐

I'm sure there are problems with both washer units tbh but this seems poor. 

It's probably not easy to access stuff too, I've loads of room on my early 00's MG ZS. Even the V6 has room around it to work where the VAGs are a squeeze for everything. 

If you do have a few pics that would be great and I'll evaluate from there. A trip to a breakers should turn up a motor. 

• 1 month later...