Nicola Sturgeon MSP and First Minister Scotland resigning.

Ootohere

Nicola Sturgeon MSP has every right to continue as a MSP.

But if she is not fully representing her constituents by attending Holyrood when they are sitting or attending to constituency surgeries she should stand down IMO. 

She has postponed her appearance at Westminster's Scottish Affairs committee next week.

She has asked for her evidence session on intergovernmental relations since devolution to be rescheduled.

'Things are 'Incredibly difficult' she said last week since her husband was charged.

Well take a break, resign, stand down, collect your pension / transition money and maybe going caravanning or hire a motorhome.

Maybe just do not leave the country to the holiday home as there might be questions next week that might need answering at a Police Station closer than where the Westminster Scottish Affairs Committee meet.

• Like 3

@Lee  Midday he is speaking to the press so us.

I hope he is offski.  'What is your hurry, here is your hat', get out of Bute House you beaut.

Time to move back to his own home in Broughty Ferry. 

Maybe if there has to be a Scottish Election he can stand in that constituency rather than where he has a seat now 90 miles away in Pollock.

What a bunch there are in the SNP with a seat in Holyrood that might become the Leader and First Minister.

If they were to run a one person business like Window Cleaning they could likely not buy a ladder, bucket & squeegee without it going Millions over budget and years behind delivery. 

The Former First Minister might have been useless when it came to procurement for publicly owned & paid for stuff, but at least someone in the house knew how to get stuff delivered to them personally from Party funds, donations etc.  Allegedly. 

• Thanks 1

Going going not yet going.   Staying until another SNP Leader so First Minister can be choosen.

So yet again the SNP choose the First Minister.

But maybe not if there is a vote about the SNP and confidence in them. a 'Vote of no confidence on the SNP' 

Talk of John Swinney MSP getting the gig is premature i hope.    Long time Leader of the past years.

Stephen Flynn MP has no seat in Holyrood so no idea why his name is being brought up as a possible First Minister.

unless he wants to stand in a by-election if someone resigns a seat and he get a seat in Holyrood, voted into the parliament for starters. 

• Like 1

What a disgusting little man Ben Habib is. According to him, Humza Yousaf and Sadiq Khan are both the same.

Edited by @Lee

Aye. Humza Yousaf was at least born in the UK and didn't turn up aged fourteen as a migrant who tried to pull the drawbridge up and spout bile.

I do not care when or where they came from as far as they play the game and all for one and one for all.

I happen to not be a Humza Yousaf fan or a fan of his wife. 

Nothing to do with their backgrounds, it is how they behave and what the do and have done. 

This SNP Clique / Cabal are chancers and it looks like there is no change coming sadly.

Selectively deaf, dumb and blind to those very close to them. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Unless someone else comes forward that wants to be the Leader of the SNP it looks like being John Swinney MSP (an Ex MP. Also him being the First Minister.  Past leader and deputy and deputy First Minister. Inoffensive and just pretty hopeless.    Jack of all trades and master of none.   Always there or there about and always deaf or blind to corruption or incompetence.   If he is to be the First Minister maybe getting the Scottish Police Force sorted out and less incompetent will cut down on Organised Crime / DRUGS.   Then sort out the Ferries, the trains, the roads.  Planning and house building.     But no it will be about nonsense and trying to keep the SNP membership happy promising to go for Independence and trying to stay in Government.    Same old same old. 

Edited by Ootohere
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/04/2024 at 15:51, @Lee said:

Aye. Humza Yousaf was at least born in the UK and didn't turn up aged fourteen as a migrant who tried to pull the drawbridge up and spout bile.

Oh! Being born somewhere gives you more of a right to speak about that place than an immigrant who has settled and gained citizenship?

That's a bit of mask-slip.

It is very true IMO. 

It is appalling how racist and bigoted people can be against others who are migrants or immigrants when they and theirs were just that a generation or 2 before.

How bigoted and racist the UK citizens can be in general is the issue. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, EnterName said:

Oh! Being born somewhere gives you more of a right to speak about that place than an immigrant who has settled and gained citizenship?

That might change in the unlikely event of them gaining citizenship in the country that they reside.

7 hours ago, EnterName said:

Oh you're pro immigration now are you. You should make your mind up. 
And nowhere did I say that Yousaf had more right. Certainly more right than those who lied and said they fled countries to get to the UK and settle. (Braverman I think it was)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ootohere said:

How bigoted and racist the UK citizens can be in general is the issue. 

Sitting in classes and learning a foreign language with people from various backgrounds and countries is very insightful in learning about what others have endured to find safety.
More people should try it IMO. 

• Like 1

The Scottish Greens having the influence they had in the Government with the SNP was bad enough for money waste and some crazy IMO projects.

More of an issue for many is the views, opinions and beliefs of the now Deputy First Minister.  A bit like the DUP as being from the dark ages,

14 hours ago, @Lee said:

Oh you're pro immigration now are you. You should make your mind up. 

No, I'm still anti-immigration. I was just pointing out your hypocrisy and inconsistency.

15 hours ago, @Lee said:

And nowhere did I say that Yousaf had more right. Certainly more right than those who lied and said they fled countries to get to the UK and settle. (Braverman I think it was)

Gaslight away, Lee. People can judge for themselves what you meant when you said this.

On 30/04/2024 at 15:51, @Lee said:

Humza Yousaf was at least born in the UK and didn't turn up aged fourteen as a migrant