Nicola Sturgeon MSP and First Minister Scotland resigning.

Ootohere

1 hour ago, toot said:

They have wanted this so no surprise. Who ever they are.   

I haven't followed the details of Scots politics so don't know what the disaffections are.

Can you elucidate a little, please?

Stephen Flynn MP became leader of the SNP Group in Westminster.

There are factions of all sorts in the SNP and ex SNP, and lots going on.

The Scottish Greens working along with the SNP is a disaster IMO and other peoples, they are incompetents as are many SNP Ministers included the Deputy First Minister who used to be the Leader of the SNP. John Swinney MSP. 

She is well to get out. 

Then there is her husband who really is a bit of a liability IMO.  

There are too many in the SNP and the Greens and the other political parties in Scotland on the gravy train. 

Now there will be even more of a mess politically. 

None of this will help the Scottish Conservative and Unionists in gaining more support in Scotland because of Douglas Ross MP & MSP,  then the PM and his man in Scotland Alister Jack MP / Secretary of State for Scotland.

Too many politicians & hangers on and advisers, even Civil Servants working for both the Governments, UK & Scotlands, too many snouters, lots for HMRC & others to spend time looking at Party Donations, Donors, Dark Money and much more.

Scottish Labour are just as bad now as when they were sharing power in Scotland and as for the Scottish Liberal Democrats and their leader, they are just a joke really.

Edited by toot
  • Like 2

Has she said why as it all sounds a bit fishy to me, as if someone has found something out about her or her husband that she's hoping to keep a lid on by stepping down...

Edited by skomaz
  • Like 1

Certainly an odd time to resign. I wonder how much was brought on by the trans rights issue?

Probably not enough time to get a new SNP leader before the conference where what could be seen as a de facto vote on Independence could have been held.

Pressure from higher powers who don't want their 👑 party upset?

The trans rights thing has gone on over the years and she just happens to lead a party and a Government that in the majority was all for what the Government and Parliament voted for.

There have been trans convicted people who have been jailed over the years in Scotland as there is in the RoUK, and that are in jail now in England, 

even those identifying as a woman but who have a penis still.

This certainly has allowed people to get the boot in.

As has much that is reported and exaggerated as failures in Scotland when they are less of a failure than in other parts of the UK.   EDIT, i missed typing 'than'

If the SNP are out of power for a few years after the next Scottish elections then who knows what will be coming for years or decades because those in Scottish politics in all parties are a pretty hopeless bunch.

There are those that have seats in Holyrood now for up to 2 decades that are only there because they got a List Seat and those never elected because of enough votes in their name. these are a good few of the Tory MSP's.

Edited by toot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

She got caught up in hubris and trying to make a bit of history for herself. I'm anyone with half a brain would have warned her that the gender ID bill was an unexploded bomb just waiting to go off bu she chose topush it through without adequate thought and has been caught out on it.
That's obviously given her political enemies within the party enough leverage to push her out.
Scotland is basically fecked now since pretty much everyone else in every party is a 3rd rater at best. Little parochial jumped up traffic wardens out to make themselves feel important and get a cushy directorship to retire to.

My mate is also called Douglas Ross and he gets some right mental emails and tweets at him.

• Like 3

This person is not a woman. & they agreed with someone who was defined as whatever they chose to be.

This person in the video now leads 4 countries.  That is the one in a tie on the right.    Right of centre.

A.J. Barr probably knows best what constitutes a woman.

Aa, here we are.   So that is a clear answer...

Edited by toot
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Aspman said:

Scotland is basically fecked now since pretty much everyone else in every party is a 3rd rater at best. Little parochial jumped up traffic wardens out to make themselves feel important and get a cushy directorship to retire to.

Much the same in the upper echelons of the tory party then if you ask me.

As for the trans rights issue, that's a discussion best left to those who fully understand the issue IMHO. What I will say though is that dehumanising people on the basis of gender, race, religion, colour, creed etc etc is never helpful. 

Edited by @Lee
  • Like 2

The names that were just shown on SKY as possible leaders is terrible.

The men have had so many positions in the SNP Government and been hopeless in each of them. 

They all just take part in musical chairs. Geez a job, any job.

Among those mentioned. 

Ex Royal Marine and worker in Local Government administration, Keith Brown.

Ex Journalist Angus Robertson.

Ex worker in community and youth projects. Humza Yousaf.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, toot said:

This person is not a woman. & they agreed with someone who was defined as whatever they chose to be.

This person in the video now leads 4 countries.  That is the one in a tie on the right.    Right of centre.

A.J. Barr probably knows best what constitutes a woman.

Aa, here we are.   So that is a clear answer...

I don't care what their political affiliation is, if they can't define what a woman is, they shouldn't be leading a country.

• Like 1

Lots to do with that.  The one that was taken from a court by a private company to a woman's prison and held in isolation until the prison service decided where they should go. Or the one who wanted moved to one.  But then there are others in jail's in Scotland and obviously more in jail's I. England.  Westminster had not changed any rules or laws in the past month yet on who goes to what jail.     In Scotland a woman can not commit rape. The person that was found guilty of raping 2 women was at the time a man.    The judge in the court sent them to jail to be held.  The judge never told G4S or whoever where to take them, but they had in the court cells someone identifying as a woman. 

Edited by toot
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, @Lee said:

As for the trans rights issue, that's a discussion best left to those who fully understand the issue IMHO.

Sturgeon clearly agrees, and has jumped before she was pushed.

• Love it! 1
  • Confused 1

45 minutes ago, @Lee said:

Totally correct. This topic has nothing to do with that at all. 

How do  YOU definitely now why she resigned,the rest of us are asking questions,but once again you know more that the rest of us.

• Groan 1

She told you and the rest of us her reasons or the reasons she wants to tell.  There is so much crap going on in Scotland and in her party.  There is no point in her continuing dealing with Muppets in her party, ex party members and others that oppose her at every move.    If there is anything to come out in the wash it will.  There are various inquiries going on into different things including ferries.   The SNP is skint as well.  There are some in the party that can bring in money but they are not going to get the chance of being the Party leader.  There is a special team tax payer funded within the Tories / UK government to make sure any dirt comes out, but their own dirty washing will be getting reveled soon. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Sad555 said:

So what are the facts from all our woke experts

Listen to her resignation speech. It's online in many places. Those are the facts we have to go on.

Sad to see a fellow member using the term 'woke' as a pejorative/ insult. Not helpful in my opinion. More culture wars stuff often regurgitated from the Mail/ Sun/ Express and Telegraph.

If you want to have a discussion on trans rights and issues I suggest you start your own topic where I take it you'll condemn the murder of sixteen year old Brianna Ghey.

• Groan 1

Well I’m 

3 minutes ago, @Lee said:

Listen to her resignation speech. It's online in many places. Those are the facts we have to go on.

Sad to see a fellow member using the term 'woke' as a pejorative/ insult. Not helpful in my opinion. More culture wars stuff often regurgitated from the Mail/ Sun/ Express and Telegraph.

If you want to have a discussion on trans rights and issues I suggest you start your own topic where I take it you'll condemn the murder of sixteen year old Brianna Ghey.

Well I’m really surprised that you actually believe what mp,s say .this must be a first from somebody who denies what ever other MP s states but you don’t believe but suddenly you believe her statement🤣🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Sad555
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, @Lee said:

So what gives you the right to bring this terrible killing of a young person into a topic about a Scottish MP,SHAME ON YOU FOR BEING SO JUDGEMENTAL AS USUAL🤫

• Groan 1