New sportsLine mirrors

Bywateronline

I’ve just noticed that on my brand new sportsline that only the drivers side wind mirror dims and that the passenger side doesn’t ? Is this correct ? You can see on the drivers side the dimming section/ wires but on the passenger side they are arent there , so wondering if they have fitted the wrong glass in the factory or if it’s meant to be like this !

thanks

Dimming wing mirrors? 

I must admit I’ve never heard of them before, I picked up my new SportLine on Friday and I’m fairly certain they are the standard electric mirrors with demisting, folding housings and movable glass unless I’ve missed something? 🤔

The rear view mirror and in my case the driver wing mirror definitely dims- you can test this by holding your hand over the back left of the rear view mirror ( cover the sensor) and then shine your phone torch at the rear view mirror - the wing mirror and rear view mirror will turn a blue colour . I just need to know if the passenger side should also dim 

I knew about the rear view mirror but didn’t know about the wing mirrors, well I never! 😂

I’ll have to check but it’ll be tomorrow now so I’ll have to let you know 👍🏻

2 minutes ago, kodiaqsportline said:

if you break the glass on an auto dimming mirror, it costs shed loads to replace

That was my first thought 😂

I don’t have blind spot monitoring on mine, which you’d think in this day and age would be standard, even had it as standard on my previous van.

6 hours ago, irfant said:

Both wing mirrors are dimming on my 2018 Karoq Style (SEL) I covered the sensor to take a pic

dikiz dış.jpg

Amazing.

One hand covering the sensor, one hand holding the torch and one hand taking the picture!

tom

2 hours ago, Modders said:

That was my first thought 😂

I don’t have blind spot monitoring on mine, which you’d think in this day and age would be standard, even had it as standard on my previous van.

Some Citroens which had blind spot monitoring as standard spec are currently being delivered without monitoring, apparently due to shortages caused by the chip shortage.

21 hours ago, Bywateronline said:

I’ve just noticed that on my brand new sportsline that only the drivers side wind mirror dims and that the passenger side doesn’t ? Is this correct ? You can see on the drivers side the dimming section/ wires but on the passenger side they are arent there , so wondering if they have fitted the wrong glass in the factory or if it’s meant to be like this !

thanks

Part of the ever increasing cut backs on spec.

My incoming new Kodiaq will also be given only a driver side dimming door mirror.

It's all listed in the brochure.

Cheapskates.

Interesting how folks comment on this. I am fastidious about checking mirrors and never had a problem with headlamps causing an issue in my side mirrors, can't see why dimming ones are needed at all.

Edited by sussamb

5 minutes ago, BoxerBoy said:

'cos it's handy, like so many other features of our 21st century vehicles.

In what way? As I've never had an issue with headlamps causing an issue via side mirrors I fail to see what they achieve? Yes for the Interior mirror, as that is an issue if its not self dipping.

8 hours ago, Sanqhar said:

Amazing.

One hand covering the sensor, one hand holding the torch and one hand taking the picture!

tom

Camera timer and my boys in the car  ;)

Edited by irfant
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, sussamb said:

I fail to see what they achieve? Yes for the Interior mirror, as that is an issue if its not self dipping.

It's the exact same headlights you're seeing in your rear mirror as it is in your door mirror so why should one bother you but not the other? 🤣

How's this for an armchair expert theory.  Not sure about the rest of te world but in the UK at least, there is a legal requirement to let a certain amount of light thru the front windows. However there is no such requirement for the rear window. So if you look thru the rear mirror in a car that has some form of privacy glass, you're never going to be dazzled by rear headlights. However when you look at those same headlights thru the glass on the drivers door, they're going to appear much brighter.  What anti-dazzle glass in the door mirror does is make the intensity in both rear view mirror and door mirror appear similar regardless if your car is equipped with privicy glass or not

I rest my case for the defendant ma' Lord   🤣 

Edited by kodiaqsportline