1.2 tsi

Schm565

5 hours ago, ChrisTids said:

I think by 2015 they had moved back to using a belt instead of a chain. 

In some cars the EA111 lingered on as late as 2015 - to check lift the bonnet and look at the engine, if the oil filter top left above the alternator then it's the EA111 cam chain engine. Not a problem though by 2015 the engine is well sorted. I think the fact that it's 85ps shows it's the old engine.

I have the 85bhp engine, it is chain driven and is fine. Sometimes I hear chain noise on a cold start up and it did it from new. After 9 years and 54k miles nothing untoward has happened. The revised chain tensioner was introduced on models after 2012: mine is 2013. The Roomster was offered with the 85bhp or 105bhp. The 85bhp is in a lower insurance group so easier on the wallet.

Edited by edbostan

• 1 month later...

I have a 2011 CBZA 1.2 tsi Roomster, and the chain is rattly sometimes when I start the car up, but it goes away after a few seconds. It has had the chain tensioners replaced by a previous owner, so I assumed it has the revised one. 

Apart from that, I think it's a lovely engine and feels more powerful than it is on paper. I assumed all 1.2tsi Roomsters have the cam chain?

• Like 1

On 25/04/2023 at 17:19, Carlston said:

According to wikipedia, production of the Roomster ended in 2015 so didn't get the later 1.2TSI 16V cambelt engine.

Skoda Roomster

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Škoda_Roomster

Yes. The engines are 8V.  Mine is a peach of an engine and I enjoy it on long journeys and very economical.

Edited by edbostan
  • Like 1