Lane assist

NGD

Picked up my Mk iv 1.5 etec on Monday and the lane assist is already getting really annoying. Is there a quick way of disabling the function without having to go through the menu on the infotainment screen?

yes most annoying thing on this car with the stupid start&stop (worse i ve ever seen on a car since he shut the moteur even the car is not totally stopped !)

so with OBD11 i modded the lane assist to "last remembererd setting" so i don't have to desactived every time i start the car

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

I recently moved from my 10 year old Superb to a 2 year old Octavia 4. I love the styling but not so impressed with the infotainment system. The car is already booked into the dealer under waranty to have software updated and/or the MIB unit replaced as I could not set up a new primary user. However what I find very annoying is the fact that the lane assist can't be permanently turned off. I drive a lot on twisty country roads - not straight motorways - and its forever nagging me and putting up warnings on the dash. Isn't there some way of disabling it without having to do it every time the engine restarts?

25 minutes ago, Campbell24 said:

I recently moved from my 10 year old Superb to a 2 year old Octavia 4. I love the styling but not so impressed with the infotainment system. The car is already booked into the dealer under waranty to have software updated and/or the MIB unit replaced as I could not set up a new primary user. However what I find very annoying is the fact that the lane assist can't be permanently turned off. I drive a lot on twisty country roads - not straight motorways - and its forever nagging me and putting up warnings on the dash. Isn't there some way of disabling it without having to do it every time the engine restarts?

2 hours ago, zorglub said:

yes most annoying thing on this car with the stupid start&stop (worse i ve ever seen on a car since he shut the motor even the car is not totally stopped !)

so with OBD11 i modded the lane assist to "last remembered setting" so i don't have to deactive every time i start the car

Apparently so, yes.