Wireless charger retro fit?

Hi.

Can anyone tell me is it possible to retrofit the official skoda wireless charging pad into my car?

Lookers in Peasmarsh say that it's impossible and a FF option and dealers cannot retrofit it.

I've installed a Auckly wireless charger which is stuck to the windscreen next to the A pillar, but it has a rather unsightly wire going to it for the time being and I'd like to get rid of it. 

TIA

I've done an Oem install in a Polo AW and a Golf 7

You just need the cubby bin which has the holder for the charger. 

Wireless Charger 5NA 980 611

Then you need the loom which has 2 wires that go to the glovebox unit

Ground and 12v supply from the fuse box. (I can make the loom)

Code 5F for wireless charger

only downside it won't be cheap

I agree with @zorglub, it's not worth it. I have the factory fit wireless charger and it isn't powerful enough.

I use Google Maps and Android Auto in the car and the drain on battery is more than the charge from the wireless charging pad. I have resorted to a cable. For info, I'm using a Samsung S20+

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That was my old phone, I know that 22U is more powerful and has greater drain, so with your advice I'll give it a miss. 🙂

NB: Got a cheapo USB charging pad from a market site coming in a few days, only £6 so if it doesn't work it's not a great loss. 

• Like 1

• 10 months later...