Would it be cool if....

....you could edit the driving modes, so you could assign different ambient lighting, and different virtual cockpit views to each mode. Or is it just me? 😕

6 hours ago, vrs'burks said:

If you put ambient lighting into auto it changes for sport (red) and eco (green) . .

Doesn't adjust adjust anything else though. . 

Found that, I just thought you'd be able to choose your own colour instead of the pre set ones 🤷‍♂️

6 hours ago, KenONeill said:

Well, yes.

Thought as much 😁

7 hours ago, BT_11vRS said:

Found that, I just thought you'd be able to choose your own colour instead of the pre set ones 🤷‍♂️

You can with VCDS or similar :)

Individual mode should also take the last colour chosen in manual mode too.

I guess if the modes did something meaningful, like turn the engine up to 11, then it would be neat. But the driving modes are ultimately a gimmick. Reading of people doing things engaging sport mode for an overtake raise a smile, for me. It’s an Octavia. Not a Knight Industries Two Thousand Trans Am’. 

7 minutes ago, SC03OTT said:

I guess if the modes did something meaningful, like turn the engine up to 11, then it would be neat. But the driving modes are ultimately a gimmick. Reading of people doing things engaging sport mode for an overtake raise a smile, for me. It’s an Octavia. Not a Knight Industries Two Thousand Trans Am’. 

I guess, but as gimmicky as the virtual cockpit is, it could be used a little better imo.

If you put it in eco, the dash could change to the setting relating to fuel economy, change to sport mode, and it could have the boost and G meter on there somewhere, doing it automatically rather than scrolling through yourself 🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, BT_11vRS said:

I guess, but as gimmicky as the virtual cockpit is, it could be used a little better imo.

If you put it in eco, the dash could change to the setting relating to fuel economy, change to sport mode, and it could have the boost and G meter on there somewhere, doing it automatically rather than scrolling through yourself 🤷‍♂️

Fair comment. I have pauper spec analogue dials. Hence why I never though of that 👍🏻

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, langers2k said:

You can with VCDS or similar :)

Individual mode should also take the last colour chosen in manual mode too.

I would have thought it would be possible with VCDS, with the little I've read about it. Sadly it all sounds far too technical for me! 

2 hours ago, BT_11vRS said:

I would have thought it would be possible with VCDS, with the little I've read about it.

VCDS is a diagnostic tool, it can only enable what Skoda have written into the firmware.

55 minutes ago, RoddersUK said:

Would it be cool.....if I had a VC.....yes!

You might get one if you charge a number of machinegun positions all on your own 😁

• Haha 1