Custom button for Sport mode

Hello everybody,

Something that I hate about my car is how annoying is to change the driving mode. Or I press the "Mode" button and then I select the mode in the touch screen, or I have to press it consecutive times in order to change the mode (for example, I press it 3 times in order to go from Eco to Sport).

The solution that I'd love to have is something like in my parents Lexus (see the image). Is a rotatory selector, so you can modify the driving mode without having to look anywhere and just with one action, instead of several.

As a workaround, I am thinking about having a sort of quick access for the Sport mode in particular (for a quick overtake for example). Is this feasible? How could this be done? 

I was looking some videos about how to activate inactive buttons. I found this: 

but I don't know if this is the same for the Superb.

Best regards

Jose M.

How-To-Use-the-Lexus-Drive-Mode-Select-Drive-Modes_o.jpg

If yours is a DSG car, sport mode can be engaged by pulling the gear selector backwards and disengaged by repeating the action. Very useful for a quick burst of power/speed - I use it a lot for exiting junctions while towing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just remember that pulling the DSG lever back only engages the Engine/Drive to Sport mode.

It's not the same as selecting the Sport Driving Profile, which is done via the Infotainment.

The Driving Profile method changes other characteristics such as steering, suspension, lighting, etc. etc.

This can only be done via the Infotainment, for the Superb.

As far as I can tell, pulling back on the gear lever only puts the gearbox into sport mode. The ideal arrangement would be if that put the suspension into sport mode as well, so that when you are tooling up the motorway in comfort mode and some loon up ahead creates an incident you can instantly put the whole car into general avoidance mode - trying to make a fast lane-change in the softest suspension setting means you'll be wallowing all over the place regardless of how sporty your gearbox setting is. That's what has stopped me from ever using comfort mode at all.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, ArisaigDavid said:

As far as I can tell, pulling back on the gear lever only puts the gearbox into sport mode. The ideal arrangement would be if that put the suspension into sport mode as well, so that when you are tooling up the motorway in comfort mode and some loon up ahead creates an incident you can instantly put the whole car into general avoidance mode - trying to make a fast lane-change in the softest suspension setting means you'll be wallowing all over the place regardless of how sporty your gearbox setting is. That's what has stopped me from ever using comfort mode at all.

👍

yup, exactly wat i was referring to earlier

@ArisaigDavidLifting off the accelerator can be a good way of pulling back from possible incidents rather than blasting past them. 

70 mph speed limits in the UK on Motorways which there are none North of Perth in the UK and there are dual carriageways which are also 70 mph max.

So fast overtakes on Motorways in the UK in a Superb might have some kicking down or manually shifting or using Sport with the shifter and holding a gear longer before shifting up. 

The car will still be doing half its max speed if you do a FAST LANE CHANGE as an avoidance action. 

Some people seem to drive and live in a parallel universe.   

Ones where Timber lorries on narrow roads require fast cars the size used for Airport transport with loads of  OOmph to get past and with the security of AWD. 

Or with the suspension and steering stiffened up to get safely along a motorway.  

• Like 1

On 09/05/2023 at 00:27, JR RS said:

The Driving Profile method changes other characteristics such as steering, suspension, lighting, etc. etc.

This can only be done via the Infotainment, for the Superb.

and the ´MODE´ button next to the gear lever. 😉

• Like 2

2 hours ago, toot said:

@ArisaigDavidLifting off the accelerator can be a good way of pulling back from possible incidents rather than blasting past them. 

70 mph speed limits in the UK on Motorways which there are none North of Perth in the UK and there are dual carriageways which are also 70 mph max.

So fast overtakes on Motorways in the UK in a Superb might have some kicking down or manually shifting or using Sport with the shifter and holding a gear longer before shifting up. 

The car will still be doing half its max speed if you do a FAST LANE CHANGE as an avoidance action. 

Some people seem to drive and live in a parallel universe.   

Ones where Timber lorries on narrow roads require fast cars the size used for Airport transport with loads of  OOmph to get past and with the security of AWD. 

Or with the suspension and steering stiffened up to get safely along a motorway.  

Dear toot,

I am sorry to have upset you so comprehensively with my simple observations. The original poster lives in Madrid, so I am not sure what relevance Perth or timber lorries have to anything. Perhaps you should post a few more service schedules to calm yourself down?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Sometime we push the right, well wrong really! buttons of someone who is observing who we were not even discussing with.

I guess we all have our triggers!

7 minutes ago, ArisaigDavid said:

Perhaps you should post a few more service schedules to calm yourself down?

That made me laugh 😆

2 hours ago, Bap33 said:

and the ´MODE´ button next to the gear lever. 😉

+1

have learned triple press since MY23 resets Mode on each Ignition Off/On

where Steering were set Sport for Winter Tires and now Normal for Summer's

DCC is set Sport

Driving Normal (switching it to S<>D by DSG gearbox lever when necessary)

On 09/05/2023 at 18:27, ArisaigDavid said:

Really?! 🤣

If that is the case, best is to floor it to kickdown or slam the brakes.
Thinking about button, pressings the one while you are  in that situation will not bring anything good.
Maybe you see these kind of situations in slow motion, like in the movies, but in the reality you will have both hands on the steering wheel.

If my Mode button worked ( which it doesn't as the software has gone AWOL ), it would need an option of PLOD, for that is how I drive.😄