Replacement anti roll bar poly bushes

Hi... I am in the process of trying to resolve creaky suspension issues (again) and my local garage have said that they are having trouble sourcing replacement anti roll bar bushes.  They said that if I can source the bushes myself then they can replace them but if not it will mean a full new anti roll bar from Skoda and they will fit that (£415 total cost including fitting).

Given the well known issues with the creaking standard bushes, has anyone sourced replacement poly bushes and had them successfully fitted ?

I don't actually think this is the source of my main creaking but will probably get them done as well.

Anyone had replacement bushes fitted ?

Thanks

The bushes are part of the anti roll bar and are purchased complete, but…

You can fit polybushes by drilling the brackets out and replacing them, this is what id recommend.

make sure they pack them with marine grease to prevent squeaking from the harder material.

16 minutes ago, ApertureS said:

The bushes are part of the anti roll bar and are purchased complete, but…

You can fit polybushes by drilling the brackets out and replacing them, this is what id recommend.

make sure they pack them with marine grease to prevent squeaking from the harder material.

Thanks ApertureS... Have you obtained and fitted these before ?

4 hours ago, DB72 said:

Thanks ApertureS... Have you obtained and fitted these before ?

Not to a superb I haven’t. I’ve ordered a set up for my own car though as the squeaking in the winter is annoying me

26 minutes ago, Steviedakota said:

How they have not got on top of this problem is beyond me.

By burying their heads in the sand is how.  They all do that Sir.  It's a design feature Sir.

Powerflex bushes come with a special silicon grease that has all sorts of other uses, amazing stuff. I am always surprised by how many pots of it we sell when garages buy the bushes and then ring us up fo more sachets and we sell them a pot whilst lasts a long time.

6 hours ago, Steviedakota said:

How they have not got on top of this problem is beyond me.

Especially, if one considers that Superb Mk2 already have this issue...

It's beyond me too.

15 hours ago, Bap33 said:

Especially, if one considers that Superb Mk2 already have this issue...

It's beyond me too.

Its like how the 2013 golf had leaky rear speakers... and yet last week i was doing the same job on a 2020 place with the same issue, 7 years and not resolved.

• Groan 1

H&R do a front roll bar with upgraded bushes that so far on mine are completely silent. 
The main creaking in the front of mine was the front lower arm bushes. 
I fixed that by fitting super pro arms with uprated bushes and ball joints.

Only time will tell how well they last and whether it permanently removes any creaking. 

My front shock absorbers are leaking (DCC system / 94000 km on the clock). I have booked the operation by my local dealer in june.

I have a question: Do they need to disassemble the front sway bar to replace the front shock absorbers?

If yes, I'm tempted to ask for anti roll bar poly bushes remplacement.

TIA for your answers. 

37 minutes ago, Bap33 said:

My front shock absorbers are leaking (DCC system / 94000 km on the clock). I have booked the operation by my local dealer in june.

I have a question: Do they need to disassemble the front sway bar to replace the front shock absorbers?

If yes, I'm tempted to ask for anti roll bar poly bushes remplacement.

TIA for your answers. 

Nope, shocks are done without any other suspension disturbance really.

(maybe track rod and anti roll bar link)

but to replace the anti roll bar you need to remove it from the vehicle, this is done by removing the subframe

• Thanks 1

On 14/05/2023 at 09:21, UndertheRadar said:

H&R do a front roll bar with upgraded bushes that so far on mine are completely silent. 

Only time will tell how well they last and whether it permanently removes any creaking. 

Thanks UndertheRadar..... I'll bear H&R in mind if I do need to get the ARB replaced.

The loudest and most annoying creaking I've had has been ball joints.  I had one replaced last year and the noise disappeared instantly, but just started to come back so have just had both replaced and at the moment, the loud creaks have gone again.

I still have some minor creaks which probably are the ARB but I can cope with those at the current minor noise level.

If the loud noise returns next year, maybe I will look for something uprated like you have.

• Like 1

On 14/05/2023 at 09:21, UndertheRadar said:

So are the suoerpro arms with bushes installed a direct fit. Been looking at this or buy the bushes separate 

ta

On 18/05/2023 at 22:54, Esseesse200 said:

So are the suoerpro arms with bushes installed a direct fit. Been looking at this or buy the bushes separate 

ta

The arms fit directly without any issues. Just set the alignment afterwards. 
I stuck the arms in to save hassle and avoid complication and have another set of bushes sitting here to fit to the original arms when I get a chance. 
sometimes the OEM bushes pop out handy enough, and sometimes they don’t. I just wanted to avoid the hassle of the latter. 
I’d already fitted the damptronics and haven’t really noticed any further NVH from fitting the super pro bushes. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 20/05/2023 at 15:38, UndertheRadar said:

The arms fit directly without any issues. Just set the alignment afterwards. 
I stuck the arms in to save hassle and avoid complication and have another set of bushes sitting here to fit to the original arms when I get a chance. 
sometimes the OEM bushes pop out handy enough, and sometimes they don’t. I just wanted to avoid the hassle of the latter. 
I’d already fitted the damptronics and haven’t really noticed any further NVH from fitting the super pro bushes. 

Just double checking if these are a direct replacement mate because the part number for the standard bottom arms for a golf r are different to the standard bottom arms to the superb. But the poly pushed bottom arms from SuperPro complete don’t list for superb 

23 hours ago, Esseesse200 said:

Just double checking if these are a direct replacement mate because the part number for the standard bottom arms for a golf r are different to the standard bottom arms to the superb. But the poly pushed bottom arms from SuperPro complete don’t list for superb 

Yes. Direct replacement. 
I fitted the TRC1070 super pro arms complete. 
Seem fine so far with no difference in NVH and has quietened the front end completely. 
Ordered them from progressive parts who confirmed fitment to the Superb before ordering. 

• Like 1