Disabling coasting function in facelift DSG cars

Hello Lads,

Many members are struggling with their DSG going in Neutral when they release the gas pedal and engage the “coasting function”.

Especially with the facelifted cars with no drive mode selection option.

You can disable the coasting function with VCDS, OBD11, VCP, ODIS E following those steps:

Front hood open/popped, Module 19 - Gateway>Long Coding>FPA Funktion Freilauf DefaultON>Not Active

Thats all. Enjoy your normal transmission behaviour. 😉

IMG_9408.png

• Like 1
  • Love it! 2
  • Thanks 1

made same coding today,

there were suggested also second part, left it for later

source -> https://forum.obdeleven.com/post/80599/thread

Gateway module 19 - Long coding - FPA function freilauf defaultON change value to "not active"

Adaptive Cruise Control module 13 - Long coding - Sailing_function change value to "no_predictive_sailing"

Hello guys,

I am tje testbrabbit, that @kickdown used for the "tuning" 😁

Now time for the feedback, 500+ km after the intervention, I am happy to say that the DSG is working like a charm! I tend to use motor braking quite a lot, and this coasting eco option was the most annoying thing while driving.

The car is Skoda Superb '22, 2.0 TSI 190 hp, and now I am happy with the result.

• Like 1

I would advise steering clear of shifting the dsg stick while moving. Just not a good idea as you might accidentally money shift into reverse or P. Pulling back for S there is almost zero chance of messing that up. Pushing forward? Hit a bump and break something.

• Like 1

I thought, the DSG does not have a direct mechanical link between stick and clutches and it is all actuator controlled, so you should not be able to shift into R for "Rally" when going forward as you would have been able in a manual and grind the cogs.

If I go into manual mode on the DSG it will also not allow up or down shifting if I am not in the rev range for the specific gear.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Hi all, my wife owns a Skoda Fabia but I have a 2019 Golf with a DSG gearbox and it has the awful coasting facility which you can only cancel by driving in sport mode.

My question is would the VCDS coding for the Skoda work on my Golf?

thanks

Pa

It world be nice if the DSG used the front assist ACC sensor & inclination sensor to decide when to coast.

E.g.not engaging coasting when the car in front is slowing down or when you are on a downward slope.

I am used to a manual & use heavily the engine braking & anticipation to manage the speed.

New to a DSG and the most annoying part is gear shifting or coasting which causes the speed of the car to increase.

I can't understand why they design the system this way.

For me it's more logical if I remove my foot from the accelerator that I want to slow down or at least maintain the current speed.

With the combination of sensors and road mapping it should be simple to do this but instead it will engage coasting or shift to the next gear making me accelerate towards the car in front...

I am constantly flicking the flappy paddle to make it reengage the gear.

I think I'll invest in a OBD11 just to change this setting.

12 hours ago, Gabbo said:

It world be nice if the DSG used the front assist ACC sensor & inclination sensor to decide when to coast.

E.g.not engaging coasting when the car in front is slowing down or when you are on a downward slope.

I am used to a manual & use heavily the engine braking & anticipation to manage the speed.

New to a DSG and the most annoying part is gear shifting or coasting which causes the speed of the car to increase.

I can't understand why they design the system this way.

For me it's more logical if I remove my foot from the accelerator that I want to slow down or at least maintain the current speed.

With the combination of sensors and road mapping it should be simple to do this but instead it will engage coasting or shift to the next gear making me accelerate towards the car in front...

I am constantly flicking the flappy paddle to make it reengage the gear.

I think I'll invest in a OBD11 just to change this setting.

I’ve invested in the VCDS kit as I own a Golf and the wife has a Skoda so i can use it on both cars and Audi too.