Skoda Ocatvia Vrs 2022 plate Tyre Pressure

Can someone please advise me what tyre pressure I should be putting in my tyres. I have a full boot and have a roof box on The guide near the fuel cap says 2,9 front and 3,4 rear ( Guide shows with a comma and not with a point) . So should I go for 2.9 bar at front and 3.4 bar rear or is that too much? 

Edited by iphammer
writing mistake

I don't usually use "Bar" but 42 and 49 PSI seems a bit high to be honest, I will have a look at mine in a bit but I think

the comer as apposed to the dot is poss a misprint.

saying all that when I checked my tyres a couple of weeks ago I think it was something like the 2.7 and 3.4 and with it being in bar 

I never thought twice about it, but that is for full load

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, RADIOTWO said:

I don't usually use "Bar" but 42 and 49 PSI seems a bit high to be honest, I will have a look at mine in a bit but I think

the comer as apposed to the dot is poss a misprint.

saying all that when I checked my tyres a couple of weeks ago I think it was something like the 2.7 and 3.4 and with it being in bar 

I never thought twice about it, but that is for full load

Thanks. Hopefully I haven't put too much pressure in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PetrolDave said:

There should be a label in the fuel filler flap that has recommended tyre pressures based on tyre size and car occupancy.

Did the OP say that's where he got the info from ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, iphammer said:

Can someone please advise me what tyre pressure I should be putting in my tyres. I have a full boot and have a roof box on The guide near the fuel cap says 2,9 front and 3,4 rear ( Guide shows with a comma and not with a point) . So should I go for 2.9 bar at front and 3.4 bar rear or is that too much? 

Pressures are generally fairly high in these low profile tyres, but 2.9/3.4 is for R19 fully loaded. Yours appear to be R18 so slightly lower pressure at the front.

I go by the kPa factors on my chart:

20230814_092402.jpg

4 hours ago, SouthernComfort said:

Pressures are generally fairly high in these low profile tyres, but 2.9/3.4 is for R19 fully loaded. Yours appear to be R18 so slightly lower pressure at the front.

I go by the kPa factors on my chart:

20230814_092402.jpg

R19

F66437DA-F75C-47C1-8E8C-66A434FE16A7.png

Commas are used in place of full stops as decimal separators in many countries worldwide, and the majority of European countries. Economising by Skoda in not having country-specific label variants.

Decimal separator - Wikipedia see lists of countries using each variant mid-page.

1 hour ago, iphammer said:

What spare 😂. Cars don’t have spares these days

I think you can still order a spare if you want to when placing your new car order. I don't think its an option that you can buy a spare at a later date as I think they fit a different boot floor to car with a spare, but I could be wrong on that point as the last new car I ordered was in 2013 and things may have changed since then.

11 minutes ago, Graham Butcher said:

I think they fit a different boot floor to car with a spare

The bodywork is the same, what is different is the foam liner which either accommodates a space saver spare plus tools or a container of sealant gunk plus tools.

12 minutes ago, PetrolDave said:

The bodywork is the same, what is different is the foam liner which either accommodates a space saver spare plus tools or a container of sealant gunk plus tools.

Thanks, my 2013 Superb I ordered a full sized spare so it had a deep wheel well to accommodate it, my current 2016/7 Superb came with a skinny space saver wheel, so the wheel I kept from my old write off, won’t fit in the boot so I'm stuck with skinny wheel as a spare.😒

No spare? What a joke.

Maybe spares are deleted in some markets. In our market Skoda supplies a space saver with the car. Space savers aren't ideal, but way better than nothing. Mine got me out of a mess on day 2 of ownership when l sustained an irreparable puncture, only 100km on the car. A can of repair goo would have been useless. If you don't have a spare, suggest you get one.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SouthernComfort said:

No spare? What a joke.

Maybe spares are deleted in some markets. In our market Skoda supplies a space saver with the car. Space savers aren't ideal, but way better than nothing. Mine got me out of a mess on day 2 of ownership when l sustained an irreparable puncture, only 100km on the car. A can of repair goo would have been useless. If you don't have a spare, suggest you get one.

Over here in UK, new cars tend to only come with a pump and a can of gunk unless you specify that you want a spare at the ordering stage. When I ordered my new car back in 2013, it was a company back then and my colleagues all just assumed that the cars would have all come with a spare. Most thought that I was just stating the obvious and laughed at me, it turned out I had the last laugh as some had irreparable failures due to punctures that the sealant gunk was incapable of sealing due to the sheer size of the hole and they got stranded at the roadside waiting for roadside assistance. 🤣

Edited by Graham Butcher
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Graham Butcher said:

Over here in UK, new cars tend to only come with a pump and a can of gunk unless you specify that you want a spare at the ordering stage.

That's not true of all new cars, the Toyota I ordered new in 2020 came with a space saver spare and I quickly discovered that there WAS room for a full size spare which I duly purchased.