Replacement Stereo for my car!

Hi Everyone,

Please can I ask has anyone here heard of this unit? I'm wanting to put an Android unit in my car and come across this https://www.dynavin.de/en/products/carhifi/navigation-systems-for-car-hifi/navigation-sytem-7-flex-skoda-octavia-3/

Can I have your opinion on it..... Looks like a good replacement for my basic unit. Giving me hopefully android auto and sat nav.

There is a huuuuuggeee post on the Android head units.

Basically they run ok but will give you a headake and forget phone calls. None of them have decent mics 

Android auto does not understand you when you speak. Therefore, it is useless as you can directly install all your apps on the unit 

Edited by nickytheshaft

Also to note is you will loose 90% of the car functionality that is controlled through the headunit that is tpms, ambient lighting, nav on instrument cluster and a lot more, control over specifics of the adas systems 

your car will also be littered with fault codes. 

Yes indeed, no matter what reprogramming I try its stiĺl fault code city.

Cant communicate with radio, so remove the radio from the installation list and it then complains that a radio is trying to talk to it ☹️. Its like its ghosting the new head unit.

O. Went that route before upgrading to MIB 2.

didn't have fault codes thought but the unit can't control any of the car options even if you lets you believe that you can access them.

I had a low oil warning on my dash and the unit never saw it.

I took the option if upgrading to MIB2 and use Android auto or an android AI box.

4 minutes ago, Simoneale1973 said:

But upgrading to MIB2 (or 2.5) is prohibitively expensive! 

Sure but at least you keep all your car functions and setting capabilities.

As I said, going to an android unit, you can forget about phone calls. If you don't mind, then set your car as you like before putting the unit in.

You can also benefit from the car stock GPS antenna and dab antenna.

I suggest you go through this topic where I was quite active before going for an mib2.

After the amazement of the first start, the desillusion started.

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/491284-android-10-stereo-£162-aliexpress-gamble-results/#comment-5517865

Got to say I fitted the S8 version of this unit in my Yeti

https://a.aliexpress.com/_EHhFfAB

and I've not had much of an issue. The only fault code when scanned with VCDS is Radio: No Comms, I just accept that. All the steering wheel controls work as before and reversing sensors show as graphics on its screen. The only thing missing is showing that radio station on the maxidot dash screen, honesty I can live with that too.

Performance wise the radio is a little less sensitive than the original skoda unit. I added an aerial amp and that helps but still the radio needs a strong signal or it drops out.

I changed the original as in kept dropping Android Auto connection and annoyed me when using satnav via Android auto. I've added a wireless android auto box to that replacement android S8 unit and it's been faultless. So I can install satnav software directly on the unit, being Andoid it is very versatile, or as said I normally use wireless android auto to my phone.