Skoda Superb DCC missing or not

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to find an answer regarding the DCC.

I've purchased a Skoda Superb 2019 Ambition 2.0 diesel, 4x4 190 HP.

Do i have DCC? I can choose the driving mode only for ACC. If I don't have it. There is any change to enable it?

est regards,

Probably not.

I'm not familiar with Romanian/European spec levels but at least in the UK, I think only the L&K got DCC as standard in 2019 (it was an optional extra on the SE/SEL/Sportline).

If you wanted to retrofit it, you'd need to replace the dampers/shocks, add wiring, add a DCC controller and do any relevant coding. Quite a task :)

… and the DCC dampers are VERY expensive! Oh and there are 3 suspension position sensors  to add (or one, if you already have 2, depends on the type of headlights).

Edited by nicknorman

ACC is adaptive cruise control, the driving mode will change how aggressively the car accelerates to keep the distance you've set.

It has nothing to do with DCC (dynamic chassis control).

• Like 1

If u have Comfort in Driving Modes, than u have DCC suspension.

Otherwise u will only have Eco / Normal / Sport / Individual

With DCC

829727037_images(5).jpeg.c9292eabe7dfe77baf92359a9497dba4.jpeg

Without DCC

90359_815_7.jpg.043661e6156edc8a2a5291864697fe27.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, petrox said:

i don't understand why I have this setting for ACC. I can change the setting for ACC from ECO to Comfort or Sport.

That's to do with how quickly (Sport) or lazy (Eco) the cruise control keeps up with traffic, and hence dictates the how the gap is maintained based on the "closeness" set.

This has nothing to do with the DCC suspension.

Edited by JR RS

this is the thing , i don#t have that meniu that you show here. I can change the driveing mode only for ACC. That's why i#m asking . Why do I have  driving modes only for ACC and not for normal driving.

49 minutes ago, petrox said:

I can change the driveing mode only for ACC. That's why i#m asking . Why do I have  driving modes only for ACC and not for normal driving.

Those r NOT driving modes.

The easiest way for you to identify if your car has DCC is if you go into drive mode and customise by tapping "Individual" and the first option should be labelled DCC, if you don't have that, you don't have DCC

2 hours ago, Agustnr said:

The easiest way for you to identify if your car has DCC is if you go into drive mode and customise by tapping "Individual" and the first option should be labelled DCC, if you don't have that, you don't have DCC

Not all cars are equipped with drive mode 😛 if your car doesn’t have drive mode, you also will not have dcc.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Sec8200 said:

Can you quote approximate range, please?

Sorry I don’t understand the question. Do you mean the dampers or the sensors?

I had one front damper replaced, it was around £500 for OEM from TPS. I got a cheap sensor from ebay, it was around £40 but has worked fine.

If I was buying a set of dampers I’d probably go for Bilstein damptronic rather than the Monroe OEM ones.

Edited by nicknorman
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, nicknorman said:

If I was buying a set of dampers I’d probably go for Bilstein damptronic rather than the Monroe OEM ones.

A company in the US, called DSC Sport performed some shock dyno testing a few years ago on the Bilstein Damptronic B16's and they found that the Bilsteins only are able to control the rebound, while the factory DCC shocks are able to control both compression and rebound with their valving.

"This means the Bilstein Damptronics are a less capable setup when looking at compression adjustment, but still happen to have slightly greater rebound range. Basically the only benefits to the Damptronics are adjustable spring perches to change ride height and stiffer springs. But are not beneficial when looking at the "active" functionalities of the shock. This is due to the valve used in this specific shock, however in other Bilstein kits we have tested, like the Porsche Kit, the valve is different and was able to control both rebound and compression."

78749788_BilsteinDamptronicvsOEMDCC.thumb.png.cbc047bc3c16b8b661a2c343e1ac28a7.png

Edited by JR RS
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, numskull said:

Interesting. Does the Golf R have Monroe shocks, JR?

I don't know for sure, but I believe all OEM DCC shocks r Monroe, across Skoda, VW, Seat etc. etc.

6 hours ago, JR RS said:

A company in the US, called DSC Sport performed some shock dyno testing a few years ago on the Bilstein Damptronic B16's and they found that the Bilsteins only are able to control the rebound, while the factory DCC shocks are able to control both compression and rebound with their valving.

"This means the Bilstein Damptronics are a less capable setup when looking at compression adjustment, but still happen to have slightly greater rebound range. Basically the only benefits to the Damptronics are adjustable spring perches to change ride height and stiffer springs. But are not beneficial when looking at the "active" functionalities of the shock. This is due to the valve used in this specific shock, however in other Bilstein kits we have tested, like the Porsche Kit, the valve is different and was able to control both rebound and compression."

78749788_BilsteinDamptronicvsOEMDCC.thumb.png.cbc047bc3c16b8b661a2c343e1ac28a7.png

Interesting. However that test was of B16 shocks. A replacement for OEM shocks on the superb would normally either be B4 or B6. I have no idea whether they would have the same damping valve as B16 or not, but it might be a bit bold to presume that they do unless there is evidence to support.

Edited by nicknorman

6 hours ago, JR RS said:

they found that the Bilsteins only are able to control the rebound

Bilstein B6 DampTronic + Eibach Pro springs gave huge improvement,

do DSC's test confirm my subjective conclusion, most of performance improvement came from stiffer springs?

-> https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/514514-superb-sportline-shock-replacement/#comment-5767281