2024 Kodiaq (and Superb) interior photos :)

Fresh new article on Motor1 today showcasing the new interiors. IMO these look amazing.

https://uk.motor1.com/news/683997/2024-skoda-superb-kodiaq-interior-revealed/

Skoda Media articles and image PDF's here:

https://skodamedia.com/en-gb/releases/1431

Edited by simonharper
updated info
  • Like 1

To be fair, it's not all that much of a surprise when you look at the interior of the current Octavia and the Enyaq. Definitely follows the theme...

Agree it does look nice - and at least the air con controls are still physical dials rather than only being available through the touch screen.

• Like 1

I really don't like that.

Where's my driving mode button? More importantly to me at least, where's the auto park button?  Where's the sunroof buttons? Opening the blind, raising the sunroof or opeining it fully or partially is so damned easy with the current multi function physical button - looks like they've replaced it with a slider control.

Had a brief look at the opposition a few weeks ago as my car is coming up to 3yr and wanted to see my options b4 extending the service plan. I couldn't find a single car that could touch my MY20 Kodiaq. In fact I'd even have to compromise with the current MY23 Kodiaq.

Looking at those photos, the interior is a step backward from the car I currently own.

The central armrest doesn't look to be height adjustable nor does it go as far forward as the current one.

We've also lost the dual glovebox - something that's unique to the Kodiaq and something I find really useful.

Are the light controls any better than they are now? Current VAG light controls are so bloody easy to operate, the switch today has been in existance which seems like forever. The change looks like another step backwards IMO

What's positive about it compared to the current car? The infotainment screen is bigger and...  I'm struggling folks.

Edited by kodiaqsportline
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, kodiaqsportline said:

Where's my driving mode button?

It's one of the multi-function dials (probably the middle one).

where's the auto park button?

I assume you mean 'auto hold'? If that's more difficult to turn off because it's through the infotainment, then +1 for me - the wife keeps turning it off when driving my car and doesn't turn it back on... which leads to the car moving off again when I don't expect it to. Alternatively, it may well be on the gear stick on the steering wheel. Or it might be under the light controls... zooming in to the high-res picture shows a symbol that looks like it might be the auto hold...

Opening the blind, raising the sunroof or opeining it fully or partially is so damned easy with the current multi function physical button - looks like they've replaced it with a slider control.

Yeah, I don't like that idea either. Touch controls like that are no good when you should be concentrating on the road - a physical button you can manipulate without looking at is much safer as well as easier.

The central armrest doesn't look to be height adjustable nor does it go as far forward as the current one.

I don't know how you can tell that from that photo - there's every likelihood it goes up and forward from that position, and will have the cubby underneath.

We've also lost the dual glovebox

No, there are definitely two buttons visible if you open the full size picture and zoom in.

9 hours ago, kodiaqsportline said:

Are the light controls any better than they are now?

Probably not. Again, agree that a nice physical dial you can manipulate without thinking and without looking is far safer/better.

9 hours ago, kodiaqsportline said:

What's positive about it compared to the current car? The infotainment screen is bigger and...  I'm struggling folks.

The interiors of Skodas have been stuck in a time warp for some time - very 'traditional'. I'm definitely in the camp of that's no bad thing because I know how to work the damn thing. But this looks like a pretty decent effort to modernise it without going down the route of sticking everything into the central touchscreen interface, which is what they did on the Enyaq (and VW ID cars) and just doesn't work. Fortunately it looks like also haven't gone down the road of the 'touch' buttons on the steering wheel, which I also hate (and don't think work too well - and I'm not the only one looking at reviews of recent Golfs etc.).

It's a compromise between old and new, and I'm hopeful that Skoda will have got most of it right. There are always a few trade-offs with compromises, and some people will love everything, others will love nothing about it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Yogi-Bear said:

I assume you mean 'auto hold'?

Nah,  I'm talking about self parking - push the button and the car looks for a space. If it's hidden in some menu then it's going to be like many other systems which are a pain-in-the-ar5e to operate. VAG currently have the easiest system in the market, it's just brilliant. I just push a button - don't even have to take my eyes off the road.

9 hours ago, Yogi-Bear said:

No, there are definitely two buttons visible if you open the full size picture and zoom in.

Armrest: I don't know how you can tell that from that photo...

Apologies, my fault - I'd downloaded the Superb dash by mistake. Can see it now., Ta.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Yogi-Bear said:

Probably not. Again, agree that a nice physical dial you can manipulate without thinking and without looking is far safer/better.

image.jpeg.ff3cbc9129613294c721ed1fd7bd9dd5.jpeg
Looks to be the same as the Octavia’s. When you press the buttons a message shows on the virtual cockpit so to me not an issue. The only time I use the switch anyways was to turn them back on Auto after the dealer turns them off during a service anyways, so not something worth boiling the ocean over in my eyes 

16 hours ago, linni said:

Only 10 inch virtual cockpit (probably 10,2, to be precise). Not enough for 21st century.

I don't get this fascination with stupidly big screens in front of the driver. As long as it shows the necessary information in a clear manner, then it really doesn't need to be any bigger. If you have too much information presented in front of the driver, it just becomes distracting.

What hasn't been mentioned anywhere, and I'm quite surprised by the lack of, is a HUD... not something I particularly care about, but they do seem to be all the rage these days.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Yogi-Bear said:

As long as it shows the necessary information in a clear manner

The graphics on the 12.3" screens are a lot clearer than the 10.25" screens... The dials have a far bigger diameter.

WhatsApp-Image-2022-06-22-at-6.48.50-PM.jpeg

2 hours ago, Yogi-Bear said:

I don't get this fascination with stupidly big screens in front of the driver. As long as it shows the necessary information in a clear manner, then it really doesn't need to be any bigger. If you have too much information presented in front of the driver, it just becomes distracting.

What hasn't been mentioned anywhere, and I'm quite surprised by the lack of, is a HUD... not something I particularly care about, but they do seem to be all the rage these days.

What is necessary? Porche owners need only a rev counter. But some need more.

I would like to have Audi`s virtual cockpit (12 inches), where you can have small speedo and tacho on sides and large map in the middle. And of course fuel and temperature cauges should also be physical (virtually, ofcourse) not some LED stripes. And radio information at the same time. And phonebook.

If you commute only from A to B, maybe you do not need all this. But I commute also to C, D, E etc etc. Doing 85 000 kms annually. Annoying and also not very safe to scroll through the menus when driving.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ZacDaMan72 said:

The graphics on the 12.3" screens are a lot clearer than the 10.25" screens...

I disagree - that looks a whole lot more cluttered than my Kodiaq's VC. Dials inside dials (which don't actually show any different information that what's in the middle of the dials anyway). Words ('Consumption' and 'Range') that aren't necessary.

The only thing that I see in that photo that I really wish my Kodiaq had is the physical trip reset button!

11 hours ago, ZacDaMan72 said:

image.jpeg.ff3cbc9129613294c721ed1fd7bd9dd5.jpeg
Looks to be the same as the Octavia’s. When you press the buttons a message shows on the virtual cockpit so to me not an issue. The only time I use the switch anyways was to turn them back on Auto after the dealer turns them off during a service anyways, so not something worth boiling the ocean over in my eyes 

I use the front and rear fogs. Yeh it's a 1st world problem but the point is I just feel for the handle and pull it one step for driving lights, two steps for fog.  When we alter things then it's usually for the better, IMO it's worse solution.

18 minutes ago, Yogi-Bear said:

I disagree - that looks a whole lot more cluttered than my Kodiaq's VC. Dials inside dials (which don't actually show any different information that what's in the middle of the dials anyway). Words ('Consumption' and 'Range') that aren't necessary.

The only thing that I see in that photo that I really wish my Kodiaq had is the physical trip reset button!

+1

Why the need for a rev counter in SUV automatic? Why do I want to look at a speedo that goes up to 200mph when my car isn't capable of 200mph.  I'd only ever be using 1/3 of that speedometer. I think that dash looks terrible.

I have the VC in my Kodiaq. I have it set to a screen that gives me every piece of information I need. 1st world problems again but the newer design seems to be worse than the older one.

Anyway, Skoda aside, I've just seen an article regarding the new Passat. WTF has happened to VW designers?  They've stuck with the slide temp control rather than dials like the new Superb, VW 's 2024 improvement is they're now backlit those controls  :D :D     Imagine anyone so stupid to offer slide control that don't illuminate at night.  Here's me saying my 2020 model better ithan the 2024 but in the Passat's case, their 2002 model was better!  Beggers belief that.  Back in 2017 I was almost ordering a Passat estate, it was only last minute that I noticed the Octavia. Today? I wouldn't give it a 2nd look.  Don't know about the rest of Europe but they won't sell many n the UK.

Edited by kodiaqsportline

2 hours ago, kodiaqsportline said:

Don't know about the rest of Europe but they won't sell many n the UK.

To be honest, I didn't know the Passat was still a thing... I thought the Arteon had replaced it. 🤷‍♂️

As I've said for a long time, get used to the VC as it will be (probably is already) far far cheaper to produce than analogue dials.   Offered as an option to trap the early adopters, it will be standard in the next few years.

I prefer analogue but could live with the VC.

What would be harder for me to live with is the fugly "infotainment" screen that looks like someone has stuck an ipad on top of the dash.

Who in their right mind thinks this is an improvement on the existing display?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

image.thumb.png.e2571c72405af8c7246c1a1293abd3ce.png

Pressing a knob and turning it to change the driving mode is literally adding one single step to the process. Not worth boiling the ocean over...

Ignoring the posturing, the video released by Skoda shows the dials in action and is informative. Rather tongue in cheek with the speil about senses and haptics while making the Octavia's controls even more touch than the smart dials.

Edited by ZacDaMan72

3 hours ago, ZacDaMan72 said:

Pressing a knob and turning it to change the driving mode is literally adding one single step to the process.

I don't think it's adding any additional steps... at the moment you either have to press the button, then press the screen - or press the button multiple times.

What would be 'smart' is if they (middle one at least) were context sensitive - drive mode when you start the engine, then volume if there is media playing, or zoom if you've got full screen map. You'd still be able to cycle through the functions manually, of course, but changing to the appropriate one automatically. And the ability to toggle that behaviour on/off in the settings because not everyone will want/like it.

22 minutes ago, Yogi-Bear said:

I don't think it's adding any additional steps... at the moment you either have to press the button, then press the screen - or press the button multiple times.

What would be 'smart' is if they (middle one at least) were context sensitive - drive mode when you start the engine, then volume if there is media playing, or zoom if you've got full screen map. You'd still be able to cycle through the functions manually, of course, but changing to the appropriate one automatically. And the ability to toggle that behaviour on/off in the settings because not everyone will want/like it.

I said extra step just in case a pedant wants to say something along the lines of pressing a knob and turning it are two completely distinct actions 😂

“Smart” (more context driven) dial mode setting I wouldn’t be fussed about. What would be smart is for Skoda to put a programmable button on the steering wheel like Audi and Porsche…would negate a lot of the whining about dial modes etc. You can set it to cycle through drive modes or show the 360 camera on curb view in Audis which is nice!

Had these push to change function dials in my Discovery 5 and then Velar. Velar had more functions like Terrain Response modes, heated / cooled seat switch on and change temperature. They worked very intuitively once used to them. 

After a short while the push and rotate click haptics sequence is easily countable so you could change a setting / function without even looking. 

Ironically they got rid of the in the latest MY and went fully touch screen… a backwards step as now you have to look and aim your finger at the screen. 

Good to see the new gear selector stalk has a simple push up for Sport mode. I’m always flicking that on when I leave town and off when entering town. 

On 31/08/2023 at 13:09, kodiaqsportline said:

I use the front and rear fogs. Yeh it's a 1st world problem but the point is I just feel for the handle and pull it one step for driving lights, two steps for fog.  When we alter things then it's usually for the better, IMO it's worse solution.

When do you use them?

I can't remember more than once or twice that i've needed front or rear fogs in the last few years.

Front fog lights have a purpose only and only then, when they are as close to the ground as possible. The idea to give the beam under the fog front rather than through it.

The position Kodiaq`s fog lights are located is absolutely useless.

2 hours ago, linni said:

Front fog lights have a purpose only and only then, when they are as close to the ground as possible. The idea to give the beam under the fog front rather than through it.

The position Kodiaq`s fog lights are located is absolutely useless.

This is true but on a dark, narrow, unlit lane in the middle of nowhere they are pretty useful in other ways.