Superb 272 Stage 1 experience

righty

16 minutes ago, Donweather said:

I have the 6 speed but I can’t imagine that would make that much difference. I had about 1/3rd of a tank. I see you did your 5.18 in 8 deg. That would def help. 

but you’re def pulling a longer time

of 1g which must be helped by launch control. Speaking of which when you activate launch control does it say launch control has been activated on the dash display?  Also I always have start/stop deactivated so do I still have to press it to activate launch control?  Because obviously if I press it to activate launch control the engine then turns off as I always have it deactivated. 

It is not the start stop, though I think that has to be deactivated as well. You hold down ESC button until it says ESC Sport (about 5sec?), after that you can do LC. Then you just left foot brake, floor throttle and it will hold RPM at 4k, then just release brake.

14 minutes ago, Donweather said:

Just another question. If the dragy device is inside the car how the hell does it know the outside ambient air temp?

That I honestly dont know. I had mine attached next to the driver window. Also not sure since it was a long time ago, but pretty sure it wasnt 8 degrees, more like 10-15. Could be that dragy just takes a location based weather reading.

Edited by righty

18 hours ago, righty said:

It is not the start stop, though I think that has to be deactivated as well. You hold down ESC button until it says ESC Sport (about 5sec?), after that you can do LC. Then you just left foot brake, floor throttle and it will hold RPM at 4k, then just release brake.

Got it thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2023 at 13:05, Donweather said:

5.18 stock?  And are these 0-60mph or 0-100kmh?

edit: just saw your original post so stock 0-100. Damn impressive. So your stock is 1.2 sec faster than mine!!  Geezus. Can you post your dragy graph for your stock 5.18 please. I notice in your Stage 2 tune graphs you’re pulling 1g for way longer than I am in stock. Only

got to 1g very briefly in my stock run.

what stock HP and Torque does your GPF engine generate?

16A7A003-5CB9-4A04-BDCA-BA45C38F320A.jpeg

Finally got some cooler weather here so thought I’d give launch control a go. Slight downslope compared to above but also had a full take a fuel. 5.32s with LC!!  Knocked a whole second off just with LC. 

image.thumb.png.8f3c076377e7c1be079c55420148fb19.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/10/2023 at 14:02, Donweather said:

Finally got some cooler weather here so thought I’d give launch control a go. Slight downslope compared to above but also had a full take a fuel. 5.32s with LC!!  Knocked a whole second off just with LC. 

image.thumb.png.8f3c076377e7c1be079c55420148fb19.png

That looks more or less what it should be in stock, especially with a full tank. So your car is perfectly capable. 😊

• Thanks 1

On 09/11/2023 at 08:05, righty said:

That looks more or less what it should be in stock, especially with a full tank. So your car is perfectly capable. 😊

Launch control with the TVS stge2+ map is brilliant. Can launch at 3 different rpms and it just buggers off. Can do it with traction on too now, Think it’s set at 3k 3.5k and 4.5k. Also remember your gearbox has a launch counter !!! Can be traced with Odis or vcds and can be cleared with that too but the dealer would check if you had a warrantee drive train issue. One guy I’ve heard of on the golf forums brought a 12month old second hand rs3 and when he found out about the counter he plugged it in… 80 launches 😂😂☠️

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Donweather said:

If the car comes stock with LC how can they knock back a stock car on a warranty claim if you’ve used LC?

They try mosey their way out by saying it's been clearly abused due to being launched x amount of times.

Nothing in the manufacturers warranty or used warranty about not using the vehicle with the Software / Engine Management that it comes with, like launch control.

There can be exclusions on Motorsport / Track / offroad course use etc.  (But BMW and VW were stuffed there and had to wise up, they sell Ex Demonstrators from the Media Fleet that they take to the Track for journalists.)

If modified from Factory approved software or hardware the Manufacturers Warranty can be void anyway on some components, / Drivetrain components.

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone has a link to a document or terms and conditions from the VW Group on how many uses of the Launch Control is allowable with a VW, Audi, Seat / Cupra,  Skoda, Porsche, Lamborghini or Bentley please put them up.

Not just some thing that some random dealership employee told someone and that was then in forums or social media. 

?

Is the limit of uses of the Launch Control by day, week, month, year or the life time of the vehicles warranty period?

?

Is the limit over the 2 years in some EU / European Countries or 3 in the UK, 5 or 7 in Australia and whatever where ever.?

?

Anything in the Owners Manual telling Owners how many they are limited to doing.

?

Any notice behind the sun visor WARNING the drivers?

?

Any counter visible to drivers saying they have used the allocation of Launch Controls they might have bought with their £25,000 plus vehicles?

Back in the day and still in 2023 Motoring Journalists, Bloggers / Vloggers and others talk about 'Claimed 0-60 mph.s

They are arse over elbow and forgetting the 'Claimed figures' are 0-62 mph /100 kph.    It is their timing devises that are recording 0-6-,s

& some cars are damn slow getting that extra 2 mph. 

Edited by Rooted
  • Like 1

On 29/11/2023 at 05:11, Donweather said:

What makes you say this?  Has someone launched their Skoda more than 200 times?

My tuner has checked this and confirmed there is no counter counting number of LC's.

No need to launch it 200 times, counter is visible.

I think it is even visible by vcds.

So, first versions of 280 pre-facelift do not have counter.

Enjoy launching :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Donweather said:

Audi’s have it. Surprises me that if a 7R has it why the superb Sportline wouldn’t have it given it’s based on the 7R platform. 

7r production started earlier (2013.), they abandoned counter in later years of all similar vehicles I guess.