Rutherglen election result

lol-lol

Born and educated and worked in Scotland and British and European & born on this earth so just one of Jock Tamson's bairns.

A person of much hypocrisy over the years.  

He is what he is which over his life time has been clear to see and well documented.   

As for some who criticise and demean, it is them that do not stand up to closer inspection on what or who they support and who support and finance them.

30 minutes ago, Rooted said:

Born and educated and worked in Scotland and British and European & born on this earth so just one of Jock Tamson's bairns.

A person of much hypocrisy over the years.  

He is what he is which over his life time has been clear to see and well documented.   

As for some who criticise and demean, it is them that do not stand up to closer inspection on what or who they support and who support and finance them.

And yet he won by a huge margin in an election which his most vocal critics on here assure me was fair and with only minimal, if any corruption.

So what happened?

Who was the better candidate than Galloway for the people of Rochdale?

• Like 1

I know nothing about Rochedale other than what i read but if things were happening there leading up to people having a vote that was illegal were the Police there still 'Borderline Incompetent' or is it something else that goes on there?

Maybe George Galloway MP can get Law & Order & Policing there investigated and have changes in whatever is wrong if anything is.

Not that it is for Politicians to 'Tell the Police what do do'.  As the London Mayor keeps saying, but surely hold them to account. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rooted said:

I know nothing about Rochedale other than what i read but if things were happening there leading up to people having a vote that was illegal were the Police there still 'Borderline Incompetent' or is it something else that goes on there?

Maybe George Galloway MP can get Law & Order & Policing there investigated and have changes in whatever is wrong if anything is.

Not that it is for Politicians to 'Tell the Police what do do'.  As the London Mayor keeps saying, but surely hold them to account. 

"if things were happening there leading up to people having a vote that was illegal"

"Maybe George Galloway MP can get Law & Order & Policing there investigated and have changes in whatever is wrong if anything is"

If more voters had got off their backsides to cast their vote, maybe the result would have been different.

As the saying goes: If ifs and ands were pots and pans, there'd be no work for tinkers' hands.

• Like 1

No If's or but's, there is a lot of Incompetent Police Forces around the UK, underfunded apparently.

If Local Councillors and Elected Members of Parliaments & candidates and others were not so three monkeys to the criminals and those heading the organised crime the communities might be a better place.

It seems to be no particular party that has the  control of the councils or the Leaders, Mayors, MP,s, MSP,s etc.

Too much of the communities accepting that the country or their part of it is poorly policed. 

Lack of the need for Proof of ID are long overdue in the UK IMO.   

As it happens the need for ID for voting that the Tories have introduced has not done much other than maybe stopped some from voting, no idea if it makes any difference to postal votes and any postal vote fraud if there is any of that going on.

• Like 1

Differential enforcement is a cancer that has caused great damage in the UK.

Some groups are held to a lower standard of behaviour than others, and only given token sentences because apparently ignorance of the law is now a defence, if your face fits.

1 hour ago, EnterName said:

Differential enforcement is a cancer that has caused great damage in the UK.

Some groups are held to a lower standard of behaviour than others, and only given token sentences because apparently ignorance of the law is now a defence, if your face fits.

I heard that one was 20 times more likely to be done for social security fraud than taxation fraud, would not be surprised if that has not changed much from that level.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, @Lee said:

How much lower can they get?

Ex Deputy Chairman of Con party joins Reform party.  Apparently enough Con MPs also talking about defecting that could put Reform party in to double figures of MPs.

Lets hope and expect Evans and other defecting MP put themselves up for a bi-election and does not just think they should continue as they have had a few supportive letters. 

Lee Anderson QUITS Tories to join Richard Tice's Reform UK... and as many  as NINE others could follow

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lol-lol said:

Ex Deputy Chairman of Con party joins Reform party.  Apparently enough Con MPs also talking about defecting that could put Reform party in to double figures of MPs.

Lets hope and expect Evans and other defecting MP put themselves up for a bi-election and does not just think they should continue as they have had a few supportive letters. 

Lee Anderson QUITS Tories to join Richard Tice's Reform UK... and as many  as NINE others could follow

I was sure he'd defect at some point but I was thinking of the £10M Tory donor who thinks Dianne Abbott should be shot and his very racist remarks.

35 minutes ago, @Lee said:

I was sure he'd defect at some point but I was thinking of the £10M Tory donor who thinks Dianne Abbott should be shot and his very racist remarks.

She just reported the issue to the parliamentary police I thought i heard.

• Like 1

Call me Dave, Boris, Jeremy, Matt, he travelled with them all.

How about Nadhim Zahawi MP?

No doubt the Contracts with the NHS give value for money.  

Screenshot 2024-03-13 18.14.34.png

Screenshot 2024-03-13 18.15.10.png

Screenshot 2024-03-13 22.40.35.png

Screenshot 2024-03-13 22.41.03.png

Edited by Rooted

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Rooted said:

William Wragg MP will likely be another one not standing as a candidate in the next GE.      There really are some less than bright people governing the UK.. 

I expect he's getting a right *******ing today. 

Edit: Just read he's a member of the tory 'common sense group' :D 

Edited by @Lee

Other MP,s say what they usually do in these cases.  'A single person'.   That is when the are a 'Single person', or maybe have separated from a 'Partner or Spouse'. 

Maybe even one that is their employee as a personal assistant, tax payer funded.

Why are the public funding the ' training for these muppets  so that they are not caught out be Cyber crime or naughty people who are criminals or foreign governments with malintent?'

• Like 1

Just as well i have a waterproof keyboard cover, i thought you posted suck.

EDIT,

I see he has just stood down as Tory whipped boy and not as a Member of parliament. 

Staying as an Independent Member!

Not prepared to step off the gravy train just yet.  

Give him time to get head hunted by some employers who need someone with his skills and integrity and contacts / phone numbers.

Edited by Rooted
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Rooted said:

Just as well i have a waterproof keyboard cover, i thought you posted suck.

What he gets up to in his house is his business but if he's been practicing yoga to keep supple I couldn't tell you.

If she did no wrong then nothing to worry about, the police can get to the bottom of it and clear her.

He boss can assist with legal advice or maybe his wife or whoever he used last time he needed legal advice,  Sir Keir about being investigated and also how the Public Prosecution Service works.

But then she did have legal advice on capital gains and surely knows about what is a main residence.  That Local Authority property you bought and sold and still lived in or not.

Sorry is the hardest word and if there are any sorry,s it is too late now.  Honesty and clarity is the best policy.

On 03/03/2024 at 06:59, EnterName said:

I was trying to work out what the source of the anger against Galloway is.

His acting like a cat with Rula Lenska?

Interesting YouGov poll....

Scale is 2012 to 2024 and horizontal lines are 20%, 40% and 60%.  Base line is 0% as can be seen in link.  

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2024/04/14/imploding-snp-faces-electoral-disaster-scotland/

Responses to 'If there were a general election tomorrow, which party would you vote for?'
1712940952519.jpg

Mark Menzies MP quits the Conservative and Unionist Party. 

Standing down at the next GE.   Not quitting the seat. 

I think he might be out of the Parliament before any GE unless the PM calls one tomorrow. 

PS

Yet another one brought up in Scotland. 

There are rather many Politicians that have their early years and education in Scotland that are not that savvy. 

Edited by Rooted
  • Like 1