DSG slight delay

Hi folks.

Has anyone else noticed a slight pause when pulling away from traffic lights or away from any start and you putting your foot down moderately hard to get into the flow of traffic?

Is there a way to get rid of it via VCDS or OBD11?

TIA

3 hours ago, TheWanderer said:

Hi folks.

Has anyone else noticed a slight pause when pulling away from traffic lights or away from any start and you putting your foot down moderately hard to get into the flow of traffic?

Is there a way to get rid of it via VCDS or OBD11?

TIA

There is a way of doing a reset on the DSG without VCDS or ODB11, Cannot remember exactly how, but something like turn on Ign, hold accelerator down for something like 30secs, and then not sure but do a search on Youtube and should explain, 

I did it once on a Seat Leon and made a difference  

All I see it that it's a myth that you can reset to factory settings via the throttle, I'll give a try next time I use the car. 

I don't think that will be before Monday at the moment as I've no need to go out at the moment. 

Oh the delights of retirement and living in an area where if you move your car at a weekend you won't be able to park again because the damned grockles park anywhere they bloody like. 🙄 

11 hours ago, TheWanderer said:

All I see it that it's a myth that you can reset to factory settings via the throttle, I'll give a try next time I use the car. 

I don't think that will be before Monday at the moment as I've no need to go out at the moment. 

Oh the delights of retirement and living in an area where if you move your car at a weekend you won't be able to park again because the damned grockles park anywhere they bloody like. 🙄 

I don't see why you think it is a myth ! as I said I did it on my car a few years ago and it worked, but you say about moving it, you

don't need to move it, in fact you don't need to even start it,  but once it has been reset and you do drive it will start to learn 

your driving ways 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheWanderer said:

I'll try it, but it seems to be common consensus that it doesn't do anything 🤔 

Don't knock it till you try it, but watch the video clip first to get the whole procedure 

• Like 1

I managed to do DSG adaptaton via Obd11. My Vrs has kick problem from 2->3 gear in Sport mode,  (adaptation  didnt help in my case) but I managed to do factory reset dsg because I heard clunking and shifting while on parking. When I finished adaptation I felt when relasing brake for example  in "R"everse gear, car is biting more smoother and stronger. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Filip222 said:

I managed to do DSG adaptaton via Obd11. My Vrs has kick problem from 2->3 gear in Sport mode,  (adaptation  didnt help in my case) but I managed to do factory reset dsg because I heard clunking and shifting while on parking. When I finished adaptation I felt when relasing brake for example  in "R"everse gear, car is biting more smoother and stronger. 

Hello @Filip222,

Does the procedure apply to all DSG boxes? Can you share the step by step process that you followed? I'll like to know if this is applicable for my car from the signature (DQ200 G2.1 box).

Thank you

Edited by djmartzian

Well I went to the car and tried it without the ignition on and nothing happened not exactly surprising there. 

Tried it again on arrival at the supermarket with ignition on, engine off, held the throttle down hard over the little bump for about 45s and then turned the ignition off for about 60s; and I don't know if it was a placebo effect or not, but it did seem to be a bit more responsive, I'll see what happens next time I go out in it. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, djmartzian said:

Hello @Filip222,

Does the procedure apply to all DSG boxes? Can you share the step by step process that you followed? I'll like to know if this is applicable for my car from the signature (DQ200 G2.1 box).

Thank you

Not sure if all Dsg boxes are same, but theese are steps I followed:

Section 1: DSG Prerequisites:
Transmission fluid temperature between 30°C - 100°C. You can confirm these temperatures as follows:

In-cabin Prerequisites
Make sure that:

• Selector lever is in Park
  • Engine is at idle speed - do not press accelerator pedal during this procedure!!
  • Parking brake and foot brake MUST be applied during the entire procedure. This can be confirmed by viewing Live Data values:
    * Brake Light Switch
    * Brake test switch

Section 3: Basic Settings Procedure:

1. Select Automatic Transmission module @ address hex02
  2. Select Basic settings
  3. Select Basic settings of transmission
  4. Set to Active and press Tick to start procedure

Notes - Basic Setting Procedure:

• During the basic setting procedure, there may be loud gear shifting noises from the transmission, this is normal.
  • Basic setting procedure may not complete successfully if:
  • The transmission fluid temperature gets too hot.
  • Hand Brake is released
  • Foot brake is released
  • Engine RPM is increased

[li]Once procedure is complete,

• Basic Settings should report Finished Correctly and there should be an indication of this in the Status of Basic Settings in Live Data section
  • Check for fault codes in the Automatic Transmission module -if Intermittent fault codes are stored - they should be cleared

You want be able to shift gears first time so turn off and on pur car, then you will be fine

Edited by Filip222
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, TheWanderer said:

Well I went to the car and tried it without the ignition on and nothing happened not exactly surprising there. 

Tried it again on arrival at the supermarket with ignition on, engine off, held the throttle down hard over the little bump for about 45s and then turned the ignition off for about 60s; and I don't know if it was a placebo effect or not, but it did seem to be a bit more responsive, I'll see what happens next time I go out in it. 

In Obd Eleven there is app option called throttle pedal responce. You can change from standard mode to responsive , maybe that will help,

. Maybe that can 

• Like 1

With regards to above OBD11 post the vrs is set to the sportier throttle response as standard. What you need is a pedal box. I.e from race chip that allows you to plug and play increase the responsiveness of the throttle pedal. Makes a night and day difference and brings the car alive in all modes

Edited by parsey83

I haven't noticed the 'lag' as such, but you do need to blip the throttle to release auto hold than previous A6's I've had with the 'same' functionality. As in a lot more !

And the default engine noise, please why........