Superb mk4 Launch info and video

On 01/01/2024 at 20:57, classic said:

Watched a couple of videos on these. The rectangular screen behind the steering wheel looks terrible. Is it a joke or a temporary preproduction thing ?

I agree. It looks terrible. The corners of the display extending beyond the shader looks bad. Actually that display shader looks like it's taken from current mk3 and tried to fit to the new display. Unfortunately it is not a preproduction thing..

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The new Superb is available with six new colours including Cobalt Blue, Carmine Red and Ice Tea Yellow, while the new Kodiaq introduces Bronx Gold. Both are set to arrive in the UK in June.

https://skodamedia.com/en-gb/releases/1471

• 1 month later...
On 24/11/2023 at 20:01, 26DIPP said:

I hope the L&K will have a TDI 4x4 option again rather than leave TDI 4x4 only for cheaper trim lines and petrol only. You can get this in continental Europe.

Ridiculously that's the ONLY thing you can order upon launch!!! If you want an L&K that is...!

I have just clicked through the configuration. When did that appear online?????

This is making me quite angry as I have just bought a SIII estate L&K - of course only FWD - as dealers kept telling me that the new Superb for 2024 will most likely only be a) petrol b) FWD and definitely NO AWD.

8 hours ago, 26DIPP said:

I have just clicked through the configuration. When did that appear online?????

This is making me quite angry

Appeared around the same time as new brochure (on link) came out, brochure is dated 14th March

https://www.skoda.co.uk/_doc/71165c49-62c5-4f74-b29a-be6ad40d7373

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It breifly appeared in the configurator this week but its gone again. Probably someone enabled the model too early. 

• Like 1

It does seem that Volkswagen are rolling out a new standard PHEV system across lots of cars (I think the Golf, Leon, Superb, Passat, Kodiaq and surely some others I've missed). 

They all seem to have

• 1.5TSI,
  • 100km claimed range (which is interesting as presumably you need a bigger battery in a Kodiaq than a Leon to achieve that, but it's the claimed range which is the constant factor)
  • DC charging at 50kW
  • AC charging on a home charger at up to 11kW

7 minutes ago, Cedwing said:

The spec sheet I downloaded shows a WLTP range of 77 miles for the Superb which is not bad. I guess a Golf does better. 

That's interesting as all the marketing seems to consistently use the 100km (which I guess is 62 miles?) figure.

Although to be fair this one says "more than 100km", but 77 miles is a lot better than that, not just a rounding error or similar.

https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/press-kits/skoda-superb-combi-driving-experience-press-kit/powertrains-six-efficient-engines-debut-of-mild-hybrid-tech-improved-plug-in-hybrid-with-over-100-km-of-electric-range/

Spoiler

No hidden content^^^

Great that it can be charged at up to 11 kW AC and 50 kW DC.

If the Usable battery size is 21 kWh (Are they saying 23 kWh usable?) then 3 miles a kWh might well be achievable so around 60 miles, as 3.6 miles a kWh to get near 77 miles would need pretty perfect circumstances. 

Like a WLTP regime run, and not real world as on roads. 

Remember, annual / fixed regime oil and filter changes.

Edited by Ootohere
  • Like 1

On 04/05/2024 at 15:01, DavidY said:

It does seem that Volkswagen are rolling out a new standard PHEV system across lots of cars (I think the Golf, Leon, Superb, Passat, Kodiaq and surely some others I've missed). 

They all seem to have

• 1.5TSI,
  • 100km claimed range (which is interesting as presumably you need a bigger battery in a Kodiaq than a Leon to achieve that, but it's the claimed range which is the constant factor)
  • DC charging at 50kW
  • AC charging on a home charger at up to 11kW

The Cupra Formentor FL, which is about to come, will also have this new standard PHEV. 1.5 TSI / 204 or 272HP (both versions available) / 100km range in full electric mode.

• Like 1