Correct Rear Wiper for Karoq Sportline 2023

MickMcKenna

Hey All, Looking to replace the rear wiper on my Sportline but the recommended 331H model as below doesn't fit (This is the correct model for me previous model Karoq though)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/BOSCH-Aerotwin-Heckwischblatt-A331H-Länge/dp/B0068M0SAG/ref=sr_1_3?crid=WAD5YBM40CS1&keywords=a331h%2Brear%2Bwiper%2Bblade&qid=1699007689&s=automotive&sprefix=a331h%2Cautomotive%2C69&sr=1-3&th=1

The plastic part at the end is to large for the newer clip on the wiper arm. It should be a much slimmer piece of plastic.

The image attached hopefully shows what I mean, the external plastic part should only be to the red line from what I can see. Does anyone know the correct model at all? The dealer offered the correct one but said it is still a 331H but a newer version. It is not Bosch though and the stock wipers are not great.

Screenshot 2023-11-03 104000.png

Hi MIck

Sorry, I can't advise regarding the part. I swapped my wiper blades for Bosch at my local Halfords - they changed them for me while I waited.

1 hour ago, MickMcKenna said:

Hey All, Looking to replace the rear wiper on my Sportline but the recommended 331H model as below doesn't fit (This is the correct model for me previous model Karoq though)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/BOSCH-Aerotwin-Heckwischblatt-A331H-Länge/dp/B0068M0SAG/ref=sr_1_3?crid=WAD5YBM40CS1&keywords=a331h%2Brear%2Bwiper%2Bblade&qid=1699007689&s=automotive&sprefix=a331h%2Cautomotive%2C69&sr=1-3&th=1

The plastic part at the end is to large for the newer clip on the wiper arm. It should be a much slimmer piece of plastic.

The image attached hopefully shows what I mean, the external plastic part should only be to the red line from what I can see. Does anyone know the correct model at all? The dealer offered the correct one but said it is still a 331H but a newer version. It is not Bosch though and the stock wipers are not great.

Screenshot 2023-11-03 104000.png

Don't have a Karoq '23 but taking an educated guess at what the problem might be. I'm sure those with 2023 Karoqs will confirm or not.

Sounds very much like what happened when Skoda updated the Kodiaq - for some strange reason ( new style rear spoiler ? ) they altered the size of the rear wiper blade so that all of us who know exactly what you mean about OEM blades, had issues. At the time, none of the replacement blade manufacturers distinguished between the pre and post facelifted Kodiaq.

Just had a look at Bosch website which has since been updated. Although they list replacement blades for the front and rear of the pre-facelift Kodiaq, the post-facelift Kodiaq only has front replacements listed.

Could very well be the same situation with the facelifted Karoq?

Edited by kodiaqsportline

Thanks Both!

I thin kyou are correct on the slightly different chassis and blade type on the sportline and going by the other poster saying halfords had them I can across this for my reg

https://www.halfords.com/motoring/wiper-blades/bosch-multi-clip-rear-wiper-blade-am33h-519454.html

first image looks correct for the clip on components. Ill need to give it a go and report back!

Thanks Both!

I thin kyou are correct on the slightly different chassis and blade type on the sportline and going by the other poster saying halfords had them I can across this for my reg

https://www.halfords.com/motoring/wiper-blades/bosch-multi-clip-rear-wiper-blade-am33h-519454.html

first image looks correct for the clip on components. Ill need to give it a go and report back!

Just in case anyone is following the topic, the above is NOT the correct wiper and the parts don't suit. I'll keep searching ...

I moved to a 2023 model and also found my old spare 331 won’t fit the arm.

But I reckon I’ll be able the remove the rubber blade part of the 331 and snap it on to the 2023 arm.

I haven’t found a Bosch part for the latest car.

Edited by BoxerBoy

• 2 months later...

Did anyone get any further with finding what the 2023 Karoq uses instead of the A331H on the rear? My OEM one is irritatingly noisy 😟

1 hour ago, JohnArm said:

Did anyone get any further with finding what the 2023 Karoq uses instead of the A331H on the rear? My OEM one is irritatingly noisy 😟

Clearly the OEM rear wiper isn't up to much - mine makes a helluva racket,  despite meticulously cleaning both the rear screen and the blade. 

Car is 10 months old 🙁

If the Karoq Sportline wiper has changed, the same as the facelift Kodiaq the blade changed from 13” with a square locking button to 11” with an oblong button. As mentioned above no Bosch replacement has been made available and only option was from dealer. Today I found this on eBay and have ordered one to see what it’s like, put it this way would be hard to be worse than OEM :)

IMG_2985.png

• Like 2

On 13/01/2024 at 20:00, Sanqhar said:

I got that when I bought a set ( https://heynershop.co.uk/wiper-blades/1687-set-of-3-heyner-hybrid-front-and-heyner-flat-rear-windscreen-wiper-blades-26-18-14-st.html ) from them for my 2019 Karoq. I sent it back as it was not as long as the oem blade - I kept the two hybrid font blades though and they are truly excellent - even compared to the bosch - I think they are better.  Maybe the 12" will fit where the 11" currently is but... they will supply the wrong adaptor I suspect. 

There UK customer service is pretty good though - maybe give them a call and they can cobble together the right connector with the 12" blade or an 11" blade for you.

I too was looking for a replacement rear wiper for my facelift Karoq as the original OEM wiper was terrible. I was hoping Bosch had a direct replacement, but as others have discovered Bosch do not appear to have manufactured such a wiper. It appears that numerous VW Group cars have the same rear wiper so I searched the internet and found a Kodiaq wiper on Amazon that fits the facelift Karoq wiper arm. The wiper is manufactured by Heyner, though it comes in a plain package, and appears to be as good as the Bosch wipers without any noise or juddering when operating.

image.thumb.jpeg.ecfbe4ee12072dc4b72ebd469efe41c4.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I got correct model number for Bosch rear wiperblade, which suits all Karoq FL (2022 +), not only Sportline. It's: A335H
Full part number: 3 397 016 317
Or short: 317-FUP
I got it from local seller who knew correct model for Karoq FL, and now as we know the numbers on the box, you can find it anywhere.
here it is depicted in the video.

Previous model for Karoq before 2021 was A331H. And Bosch still states on that Box compatibility with Karoq 2017 +, which should be 2017-2021 really.
Front wiper blades didn't change, they are common for all Karoqs, no problems.

• Like 1

That’s very useful information, worth noting for future reference. It is a pity that Bosch have not updated their UK web site to include this wiper. Strange, that when searching the internet for the A335H, all photos of this blade show the old fitting, probably a stock photo of the previous blade as the sellers do not have up to date pictures?

I myself am quite happy with the Heyner blade I purchased from Amazon, it has performed well and we have had some heavy frosts and lots of rain recently.

Yes, pictures on web sites don't always match new product. Sometimes they do match. Even picture on Boshe's package box didn't match. Looks like a relatively new model.

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/01/2024 at 21:50, MKorolov said:

I got correct model number for Bosch rear wiperblade, which suits all Karoq FL (2022 +), not only Sportline. It's: A335H
Full part number: 3 397 016 317
Or short: 317-FUP
I got it from local seller who knew correct model for Karoq FL, and now as we know the numbers on the box, you can find it anywhere.
here it is depicted in the video.

Previous model for Karoq before 2021 was A331H. And Bosch still states on that Box compatibility with Karoq 2017 +, which should be 2017-2021 really.
Front wiper blades didn't change, they are common for all Karoqs, no problems.

I purchased the A335H from eBay,  but unfortunately it does not fit my 2023 SE-L Karoq. 

The original (top & right) and A335H are below for comparison. 

The local main-dealer quoted £28 for OEM replacement,  which I'm not keen to go with given the original has performed poorly (juddering) from just a few months old.

Guessing I'll try one of the others mentioned above👍

20240208_201455.thumb.jpg.739750cbd4704a45f1986f4c4a1a061f.jpg20240208_201618.thumb.jpg.daaed1018e425b9c573763e48137cb3b.jpg

56 minutes ago, pinkpanther said:

I purchased the A335H from eBay,  but unfortunately it does not fit my 2023 SE-L Karoq. 

The original (top & right) and A335H are below for comparison. 

The local main-dealer quoted £28 for OEM replacement,  which I'm not keen to go with given the original has performed poorly (juddering) from just a few months old.

Guessing I'll try one of the others mentioned above👍

20240208_201455.thumb.jpg.739750cbd4704a45f1986f4c4a1a061f.jpg20240208_201618.thumb.jpg.daaed1018e425b9c573763e48137cb3b.jpg

I opted to butcher the A335H and extract the blade! 

After a little experimentation I was fortunately able to non-destructively disassemble the OEM item and successfully translated the Bosch blade, which is silent in operation😀

Not easy to take apart, but pleased I avoided paying £28 for a sub-standard part👍

Hopefully Bosch will update their catalogue with the new part 🤞

On 09/02/2024 at 12:36, pinkpanther said:

I purchased the A335H from eBay,  but unfortunately it does not fit my 2023 SE-L Karoq...

Looking at your original part, I see you needed A331H. You say your Karoq is 2023 ? In this case, Skoda may be using different parts in different plants in different countries? Then, we cannot rely on manufacture year, and need to look on the subject to be replaced.
I also replaced blade of my original wiper with the one from Bosch product. Only in my case it was vise versa. I bought A331H, but my original part of Karoq 2022 matches A335H.