New engine cover

Has anybody had word from their dealer about having these fitted yet? 

Mine was in for first oil change yesterday and in the list they mentioned the cover refit, mine came new without one as they were on recall when I collected mine but good to know they finally sorted out a new cover eventually 

Nothing with my dealer yet, my car has only done 2900 since February, due to nervous breakdown, loss of my job as a consequence and other personal issues, so my car will not be due for a service for quite a while yet.

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, TheWanderer said:

Nothing with my dealer yet, my car has only done 2900 since February, due to nervous breakdown, loss of my job as a consequence and other personal issues, so my car will not be due for a service for quite a while yet.

sorry to hear that, hopefully things pick up for you soon again 

Mine only done under 4K due to having Co car and other cars I own, busy with work etc, still had to be done as it timed out for the first 12 months and it’s a package etc 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, TechieAli said:

My dad managed to get his one when it was in for the 1941 upgrade. His is a 21 plate wagon.

glad to hear they are offering it out at least and not bothering just because 

admittedly I haven’t even looked yet, did eye up a carbon one a couple months back but not for that price 😳

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

2022 2.0 TSI VRS.  From info on last posts decided to input my VIN on Skoda website and it now informs me of a Recall Campaign for my vehicle , wasn't there back in September time. Car had Engine Cover removed on PDI before delivery August 2022. Car was serviced September 2023 and dealer said there was no Engine Cover recall. Informed them of Campaign H6 i think it was but nothing on their records. Maybe i was too early as December is first date in above posts. See if i get notified or might ring and see if they will do it as only couple of minutes , if in stock of course, phone call might get one ordered ? I presume the Recall Campaign is for this ???

Is it just the VRS that is part of the engine cover recall?  I have 1.5 TSI Manual so not sure if that is part of the recall.

15 hours ago, spcdust said:

Is it just the VRS that is part of the engine cover recall?  I have 1.5 TSI Manual so not sure if that is part of the recall.

The 1.5 is a different engine type to the 2.0 in the vRS, so the recall doesn't apply.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, PetrolDave said:

The 1.5 is a different engine type to the 2.0 in the vRS, so the recall doesn't apply.

Thanks for confirming, I thought that was the case but had a moment of doubt.

Phone call from local dealer earlier in week to say Engine cover in stock. Popped in early midweek and fitted 30min later. This was on new car purchased Sept last year,

• Like 1

Car is 1yr old next week, I had no idea it didn't have a cover rather comically, they told me this weekend when it went for the service that there were a couple of recalls. They said the cover is not in stock and is on order. 

• 3 weeks later...

Took my VRS in for recall today and no engine cover in stock. On back order. Why let me go all the way to garage and then leave empty handed. 

They would have done the heat guard which is part of recall 🤔.  An hour before we can do that to let engine cool down. 

Left in short Jerky movements and they are going to call me when cover in stock.

August 2022 🚗 

Have you got the DSG recall done? Or are you in a manual boxed car?

If you haven't got the DSG recall done get it booked in for that and the engine cover recall at the same time. That's what happened with mine. 

Both fixed.  🙂

9 minutes ago, TheWanderer said:

Have you got the DSG recall done? Or are you in a manual boxed car?

If you haven't got the DSG recall done get it booked in for that and the engine cover recall at the same time. That's what happened with mine. 

Both fixed.  🙂

what is the DSG recall you’ve had done? Not heard anything about this, does dealer network inform you? 

9 minutes ago, foxmeister said:

what is the DSG recall you’ve had done? Not heard anything about this, does dealer network inform you? 

Somewhat ironically a letter came through the post this afternoon telling me to get my car booked in for the DSG heat mat recall 🙄

So I booked it for remedial work and it was done about 2 weeks ago, I also got the dealer to order the engine cover as well and it was all in about 75 mins.

Very happy. 

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/521016-dsg-recall/

Edited by TheWanderer

Thanks for the info

It will be booked in for both when engine cover in stock

The dealer informed me of both recalls but I didn't realise the heat shield was for the DSG .

Also had the letter today - ridiculous as they had my car only 3 weeks ago or whatever and that recall was already out there. That said, I do recall them saying they checked the heat mat or something and it was fine and at the time I had no idea what they were on about - probably that same thing. Worries me to be honest, I'd rather replace than check anything - but that's not when I'm paying for it :D

I had a chat with a very helpful member of staff at my local dealer who did some digging and within 4 weeks I had my new and improved engine cover.Only difference being is that instead of thick black foam material its now a plastic affair albeit with a bit of sound deadening on the underside.